Why are most of the people on here dead ?

• don
    10 years ago

This site is like a graveyard, the people are barely alive, they are either young tens, or old coffin dogers, as far as chatting goes, they havent got past there a b c,s

jesus christ i havent met a live person yet with a personailty

don

• Darren
    10 years ago

Well I am not in my 10's so that puts me in the coffin dodging bracket.

I agree the site is quiet at the mo,

such a shame as only a few months ago it was a hive of activity.

• don
    10 years ago

I am 44, but like I said, for such a large site, its dead, the people on here just seem hollow and its like they have no personalities, you have girls as young as 13 pouring their hearts out, to anyone that will listen,

Its a perverts dream, god if that was my daughter, I would be horrified, and she is 21,

It its so badly run this site, its like a free for all,

Don

• Robert
    10 years ago

I been writing for some time. I walked through these walls for way too long. I got into other places will more luck but decided to walk my dream alone. I just posted my first book and interview for my book. I am excited but its been a long ride. I don't write for sites no more because it seems too much of a head ache or drama for my life. When I do write it is in a book and I market those to people. Its a fair trade for me but I do miss the challenges from other poets. But you can't have everything. I am on amazon and Facebook if you wish to chat look for Robert Niswander take care and good luck with your work. Aka Plot121

• Adelle
    9 years ago

I remember a few years ago when it was really busy now its a ghost town. I miss the competitions there used to be so many.

• silvershoes
    9 years ago

We need more competitions. Larry Chamberlin started one up in the Members Message forum. It's too late to join, but there's a whole forum dedicated to contests. Have you checked it out?

Robert, congratulations on the book.

Don, you're right, we've done poorly moderating all of the PnQ forums and got caught up in our social lives within the Members Message forum. I'm trying to make a change. We have had our issues with older men preying on young girls in the past. Fortunately, we can handle these men when they're reported.
    I'll do my best to supervise better. Thanks for the reminder.

• Maple Tree
    9 years ago

I'm a 44 yr old, old codgerette.. I mainly read and write. I don't really "chat" or go on much of the forums. I do however do the competitions and I volunteer my time and support as much as I can.. but my main reason on this site is to read poetry and and post my poetry.. Don't think it needs to become a social media site.

It's truly not the moderators responsibility to make this site active- its the members. So I try to float around more these days and give my support where and when I can, if more members do this it could become more active. This site has always had a roller coaster effect.. ups and downs.

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

Hi there, sorry to barge in on the conversation but I thought I should a thing or two,I agree that the site is a wee bit on the quiet side, but it's true that this site isn't a social media site, and I as a writer am really glad about that, it's nice to have a conversation or two with other writers and get to know people, but I find my method of getting to know people on this site and making friends, then conversing via email is far better, leave the poetry site as it is,a haven for poets to express themselves without feeling raided by the evil that is social media.PS I love this site by the way, met some really awesome people thus far (Andrea, and Jean amongst a few others)I love you guys, thank you for this haven :-)

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

Also, it's true that I'm still technically a teenager, but I'm 18 and by law basically a young adult, so there's the theory of it just being young teens and old dodgers busted ;-)