World Cup 2014

• Colm
    9 years ago

Any soccer fans here? Soccer not my favourite sport but Ive been following the world cup when I can. Got England in my sweepstakes so that was doomed from the outset!

Knockout srages starting tonight. Question is, who are you supporting? What have you made of the world cup so far? And most importantly, who will win it?

• Colm
    9 years ago

Going out on a limb with my predictions:

Brazil vs Chile = Brazil win
    Columbia vs Uruguay = Columbia win
    Netherlands vs Mexico = Mexico win
    Costa Rica vs Greece = Greece win
    France vs Nigeria = France win
    Germany vs Algeria = Germany win
    Argentina vs Switzerland = Argentina win
    Belgium vs USA = Belgium win

• Melpomene
    9 years ago

I've been woken up around 2am a few times because of the world cup haha. I'm supporting Chile, Justin's family is from Chile and he's a big supporter, so for his sake I hope they beat Brazil.

Here are my uneducated predictions:

Brazil vs Chile = Chile
    Columbia vs Uruguay = Uruguay
    Netherlands vs Mexico = Netherlands
    Costa Rica vs Greece = Costa Rica
    France vs Nigeria = France
    Germany vs Algeria = Germany
    Argentina vs Switzerland = Argentina
    Belgium vs USA = Belgium

• Colm
    9 years ago

Both got 6/8 Mel, not too bad for casual fans :)

Very open world cup this year, no stand out team, lots of underdogs have sprung surprises and have been brave in defeat too. Generally I think soccer is over-rated and over-hyped, but I find this World Cup quite enjoyable :)

• The Jew
    9 years ago

Deutschland Deutschland uber alles!!! :)

• Colm
    9 years ago

Have to say I hope Brazil don't win it, it seems like FIFA and the refs certainly want them to win it and are doing what they can to make that a reality.

No standout team and I would say each of the semi-finalists have an almost equal chance of overall victory. Without any conviction, I'm going with a Germany-Argentina final