• Baby Rainbow
    9 years ago

Love or hate him?

Favourite songs?
    Worst songs?

• Colm
    9 years ago

Love him or hate him? Neither.

I don't like rap music as a rule but I do think he is around the top of his genre. The lyrics in some of his songs are almost poetic in a confessional sense. Some of his songs are impacting because you know they are based on truth and aren't just superficial like lots of music is.

• Baby Rainbow
    9 years ago

I agree Colm, I find his lyrics somewhat poetic too. There are some of his songs that I really love, whilst others I can't listen to with the noise in the background, but the words are very effective.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Where is Jenni, we need to find her haha. She is the one who told me a lot about Eminem and we share songs, although I'd said she is probably one of the biggest fans!

The first song I heard was Mockingbird which impacted me because of how sincere his voice was, and the overall sad tone. My other favorites (that I know the most) are Beautiful, Lose Yourself (from the movie he was in) and When I'm Gone. I agree Colm, I think he's one of the best lyrically, and he puts it all out there. I never was into much rap before and don't listen to it on a daily basis, but I'm not opposed to it. I like how he addresses his intentions, violence, and frequently talks about his family or how they've been impacted.

• Baby Rainbow
    9 years ago

Guinea Pig you have worded that so well. I think it is true, he writes from his heart, about life, rather than about drugs and clubs etc as some of the other rap artists can do.

Good song choices, they are all really good. His latest one right now I am in love with. Headlights, you should listen to it, it is one of his best I feel. Normally he gets angry about his mother, and their relationship, but this is a more mature approach about how he knows she done her best and he regrets how harsh his words might have been in some songs!

I am not a huge fan of rap, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy or hear it, but I do play Eminem all the time, and find I can listen to him no matter what my mood is.

Mocking Bird, Beautiful and When I am Gone are also in my top 10 of his. As was Hayley, I thought it was really good that he could write so honestly for her.

<3

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

Mockingbird. Though I don't like a lot of his songs either... I like some.

• Melpomene
    9 years ago

I'm a huge fan of hip hop/rap. I actually had the chance to see Eminem earlier this year when he came to Sydney. I think all hip hop is poetically inspiring, I listen to most rappers from Nas to Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z, Kanye, Kendrick and J Cole.

Some of my favourites:
    Difficult
    'Till I Collapse
    Hailies Song
    Apologies
    Take from me
    Stronger than I was
    Legacy

• Natasha
    9 years ago

Cleaning Out My Closet.

I don't know why, it just sort of has been my fav song since years back, and until now too..