First love- Is it worth the risk?

• ShadowsEmber
    9 years ago

Okay, so I really need some advice. My first love and I met a little over 3 years ago. We met online because my cousin knew him. He is now 20 and I'm 17, so there's a tad bit of an age difference and my parents don't approve. We promised to wait for one another. He lives a little over an hour and a half away so it is hard to see him. We started talking on a daily basis and I fell for him really hard, really fast. Then all of a sudden something changed and he wasn't as sweet and he didn't seem happy. Even though he barely talked, is still love him more than anything. He would start leaving, going in and out of my life. Well one time, after being gone for two months, I thought he was gone for good, so I decided to give this guy at my school a chance. A week or two later, he came back and found out that I had gotten with this new guy. He got mad because I had not waited. Well a little while later we started talking again, as we always seem to go back to one another. About a year later, he was in a car accident and was in a coma for about two weeks. When he woke up, he had no idea who I was or what our past was. As time passed, he began to get a little of his memory back. Now he remembers my mistake and doesn't trust me very much. He still seems to have the same feelings about me as I do him at times, but sometimes i feel like just another girl. I want to wait for him still but i just need to know...

Is it worth waiting a year to be with him? Or do you think I'd be heartbroken all over again?

• Something Diabolical
    9 years ago

I wouldnt wait for him if it was me.

I think you'll be left heartbroken. Try to move on, theres a history there so i think it will happen again.There is no point chasing something you have doubts about.

• BlueJay
    9 years ago

Honestly I think that you should live your life however you see fit. if that means finding someone in a year who makes you happy and moving on then do it. If that means your satisfied on your own and just focus on school for a year then see him again, great. I don't mean to give you a wishy washy answer or to halfway disagree with the person before me here, but really, just live your life and see what happens. No particular waiting, no specifically moving on.

I wish you well.

• Jorge Luis
    9 years ago

No...

• Beauty In The Breaking
    9 years ago

Tune out all the voices, all the opinions from your family and friends, all the logic and listen to what your inner voice says. If it says he's worth the wait and truly where your heart lays then wait for him. A year isn't really that long in the scope of things. If you're not sure then I guess that's your answer as well. Follow what will make you happy in the long run, love is worth the wait when it's from the right man

• Dark Secrets
    9 years ago

What made you make that ''mistake''? You were still together technically... I think you should question yourself first. Not to seem mean or judgemental but, since you left him for another the first time I think you should re-evaluate your feelings. A person who goes to another while in a relationship with someone else is not in love with that person.

If you believe deep down that you love him, than stay. If you feel you may repeat your ''mistake'' leave before you hurt him or yourself again.

In my opinion, you don't love him. He was your boyfriend, your relationship faded, you're not as close, he's not the one.

• ShadowsEmber
    9 years ago

We were never actually together. Believe me, I wish we would've been.

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    9 years ago

Don't go back speaking from personal experience it's not worth it. First of (not to be mean or anything honey) but he doesn't trust you it's hard to win someone's trust back and it's not easy to forget what you may have done or have not done and to be honest he shouldn't have gotten mad to begin with because as you said you weren't together. Second it seems like you've been hurting because of him and no man or relationship is worth the pain this is my opinion though. Finally third of all before the accident hon he distanced himself once he can do it again once he remembers everything but hey like Adreamer said it's your life. Hope you the best!

• BlueJay
    9 years ago

Zoei, i think you got your answer now... good luck

• Larry Chamberlin
    9 years ago

Go back with him if he'll assign you the book rights