The Cello and other various instruments

• H. Elizabeth
    9 years ago

Anybody play the cello? I'm interested in learning.

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

Sorry, only play air guitar :-P though I'd love to play the saxophone or real guitar, oh and the flute,I used to play the flute when I was younger (in nursery school and grade one)

• Jad
    9 years ago

I don't play cello, but I knew a girl that played and she was really amazing at it. I love the cello, and would love to learn one day as well! :]

• Beautiful Soul
    9 years ago

Http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

Just thought of this when you say cello lol

• Michael D Nalley
    9 years ago

Weeeew thought it was going to be this one

http://youtu.be/uT3SBzmDxGk

• H. Elizabeth
    9 years ago

I have played piano for 12 years and flute for 8 and piccolo for 2 years. I'm assuming since the piano and flute and specific buttons for notes it will be difficult to figure out cello because in a sense it is almost like trombone. Having to move stuff around to figure out a note. Thanks for the videos yall guys, and if yall haven't be sure to check out The Piano Guys - they rock.

• Narph
    9 years ago

I used to! First grade to eighth grade! I hated every second of it back then, but now I wish I'd never stopped. Now I can't play anything more complicated than suzuki basics. Someday I'd like to pick it up again. I have two: a full size and an electric.

To be fair, I play a lot of guitar these days. So at least cello gave me a basic understanding of sheet music and the ability to multitask with my fingers.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

I knew a musician in high school who could play the cello and violin I believe. It amazes me and that's neat you play the flute, Hannah! Good luck with learning other instruments, that can be fun since you have been playing the piano for so long.

I've been playing the piano for roughly ten years and for the past few years, the organ. It's a simple transition but it did take me awhile to get to the point of playing the pedal without having to look at my feet, then am still working on switching between the grand keyboard and swell keyboard. Sometimes I'll go down to my church since it's less than 1/2 mile and open during the day and just experiment with the different stops. Especially when you can have the trumpet tones on there and it echoes through the whole church!

Narph, that's neat you played it back then and still have them! I have an acoustic guitar from high school when I wanted to be self-taught but I haven't gotten it out in ages and fumble with my fingers so much.

Interested in the drums as well. I know Chelsey can play a bit on them and my friend down the road owns a set.

• H. Elizabeth
    9 years ago

That's really cool, both of yall! The college I'm looking at in Louisiana has a great music program (that's how i plan to receive scholarships!) and i know there are cello players there that could teach me.

Yeah, my pastor keeps trying to convince me into playing the organ for a living. I have played a few times at church but i'd rather stick with piano. Of course i'll do organ for fun but not for a living...Methodists are big on organ players. At least in my area of Texas they are haha.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

That's awesome about finding a college that specializes in that and sounds like it'd be a fit. Have you visited yet? What year are you if I can ask? Good luck with everything and hope it goes well. I hear nowadays you can get a scholarship for any activity or talent so that's nice to always have something available... I never spent too much time on scholarships, wish I would have now, but there were a lot to apply for.

Oh that's too funny! Don't know much about Methodist faith at all but at least you know your love is the piano. Do they have a lot of musicians at your church? In our small town we have both a Catholic church and the Methodist church which is actually a few houses down from my house.

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Does anyone play violin here?? I'd love to learn it.

• H. Elizabeth
    9 years ago

Yes! I have visited and I absolutely love it....and I received my acceptance letter!!! Thank you so much for the good luck wishes. I am a senior in high school this year so August of 2015 I'll start college. I'm am kind of nervous because I am leaving my home state (Texas) but Louisiana is great. It really is. I think I'll be just fine.

Yes, we do have lots of musicians. I've grown up around it so I know that is a factor of why I love music so much.

• H. Elizabeth
    9 years ago

Music is also the only thing that makes sense when nothing else does.