A speedbump

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Guys I have a certain style of writing like when I am in pain, I feel that's the time when I write the best though it may be just doggerel according to some of your standards.So now i have an idea which I feel I could have executed easily but whenever i sit to write I just can't no words come out of me. Please tell me what should I do.

• Everlasting
    9 years ago

Hmm. . how about participating in contests? that could stir inspiration in you. Don't worry if the words don't come up like you would like them to. I mean in the contest, they may give you a prompt and from there you could try to focus on writing about that prompt. Something can come up.

Edit: There's a contest that I'm hosting at the time. You can find it in here if you would like to give it a try.

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=143785

double Edit: here is another one hosted by Mr. Larry, that's taking place in the Members forum if you want to give it a try.

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=143761

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Sure I can try a contest but what if when I lose (and it's certain I would, have you seen these people's writings?? God help me) and then I may get depressed what would I do then?

• Everlasting
    9 years ago

Lol, I have seen their writing. They are good! but you know, this is my sort of mentality, ( I don't know if it would help you) but when I enter a contest, I don't enter with the intention of winning the first place.

I mean don't get me wrong, I do enter with the intention of winning, but what I am mainly striving to win is experience. Every time I enter a contest, I enter with the intention of learning something new. With the intention of practicing. If I don't win the first place, that's fine. I won something too.

However, I keep in mind that someday, there could be the possibility that I could get to the first place. But that perhaps, it may take me longer than others or that it could take more work from my part than others do. but if I ever do get to the first place, I would feel happy about it and proud for the not giving up. It's kind of like a dream.

If I didn't win this time, I could try to improve my writing and then perhaps the next one. And if I don't win the next one, then I would try to improve my writing. . . and so on. What do you think?

The truth is no one was born knowing... and those who are good at writing, they have been practicing. They write poems, they write comments, , they receive comments, they can receive criticism and learn from it...

• John Doe
    9 years ago

Yeah that's true I would surely try and if don't today "'ll win someday. Someday when it's meant to be.