Divergent Series?

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

Any opinions? Love it, hate it?

I've never read the books but hope to borrow them soon. I'm seeing Divergent next week and have heard Insurgent does not live up to the first movie.

• Sam
    8 years ago

I haven't read the books yet, but I have seen the movie Divergent. I wasn't really impressed with the movie, but that is just my opinion. Usually, I enjoy the books a lot more than the movie, so hopefully the book would be a lot better (for me anyway).

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ Same, Sam. I usually try to read the book first but didn't get the chance this time. I just saw the movie this past week and I liked the whole idea. I thought the acting was pretty good and believable, and the action intense. I was very interesting in learning more about how the factions formed though and would have liked more background on each one, but maybe that would be provided in the book. I feel like certain parts escalated too quickly.

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

I have actually read the first two books, but honestly could not get into the third, loved the first one most. No interest in the movies though

• bequi
    8 years ago

Done reading the 3 books, but i did not watch the movie...

the book is well written

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

The books are for sure well written, and may I ask did you like the third book? I have heard a lot of bad reviews on it, but it is amazing how it is Veronica Roth's first book series and it sparked all the movies, it is not harry potter level but very impressive

• bequi
    8 years ago

Few points why "maybe" others doesnt like the 3rd book

- a new place was introduced - the one outside the wall/beyond the fence.
    - she died
    - not the typical happy ending
    - its like what now... where does it left four now that shes gone
    - what now that govt has change

for me book 2 is thumbs up =)

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

I actually figured she died lol. That is why people were complaining the most but It is different. Roth seems to have taken a chance. :)