He likes me so much but he confuses me..HELP!

• Grays
    8 years ago

First im already 38..he is 30. i met him online, at first im hesitant to meet him because he is too young. but he insisted..pursued me, he is really interested in me and most especially when he saw me in person. now we've been dating for 4 months now. he really makes an effort to see me once a week since we're both busy, he is juggling 2 jobs everyday. he is so vocal about his feelings for me, he said he is so happy and lucky that im with him, i can tell it too by the way he looks at me. it was like everytime he sees me..he is happy, a little bit shy always but he loves kissing me and touch me both in public and private. he always asked how my day was, about my dad who got sick. but what confuses me a lot, he never asked me out during sat or sun..when he is free. sometimes, he failed to text me for 2 days. but whenever i text him he answers right away, he never failed to answer my text and there's always a follow up questions that shows he is still interested to talk to me. but he never calls me, its always text. sometimes he sent me pics of his family but i never met them nor his friends. i am so confused..he never asked me too to be his gf..im so lost, dont know where i stand.

• bequi
    8 years ago

OMG! when im reading your story, its like a mirror to me..

we are on the same boat
    i've been seeing this guy for almost 5 months now.
    i am 32 and he is 24--8yrs age gap.
    i met him online and weve been exchanging msg for 1 yr before we decided to meet.

i have fallen too deep, but sadly, he cant love me the way i love him. he says he loves me too, but he cant commit himself.
    i tried to stay away, broke up our bond but he doesnt want that. he still want us to see each other, make out, go on dates etc... everyone around us think that we are already like lovers, but i also got the same problem, he loves me, but no commitment.

• silvertung69
    8 years ago

Okay Ladies, let me give you the straight up on this.
    He is married. the man don't ask you out on the weekend because he is with he wifr and kids.
    He won't enishiate a text because he need to keep it to a minamum.no problem answering texts because he can just say it's work or a friend. come on wake up.

• GB
    8 years ago

^Same thoughts on my mind.

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    8 years ago

Blunt but it could be true so sorry hon

• Grays
    8 years ago

Well, im pretty sure that he is not married. my relationship with him now is better than before, he initiates the text, i can text him too anytime..calling each other sweet nicknames, im glad that little by little he is revealing himself to me, his personal issues, his past, about his family..he was starting sending pictures of his parents and siblings whenever he lets me know where or what he is doing at that time. i really appreciate that and i chose to believe that he is telling the truth. I think exposing your family to someone is enough to show that you are sincere..right?

• GB
    8 years ago

Not enough but a very good step. Glad for you :)

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    8 years ago

I'm happy for you! Let happiness find you hon! :)

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

Age is just a number honestly. If you truly love each other go for it, 8 years is nothing, my wife and I are 20 years apart. I am 25 she is 45.

• Grays
    8 years ago

Wow! how long were you guys married? Sometimes im thinking maybe i intimitated him somehow, because of my age, though he really admire me because im smart and doing well with my job and that makes him like me more. We're both busy so whenever he doesnt text me ill just let him initiate the text because i dont wanna bother him and feel obligated to answer me back. I hope im doing the right thing..since i dont want him to feel that i am so needy.

• bequi
    8 years ago

WOW thats amazing knowing that a younger man can actually fall for an older woman.

Grays how are you and your man doing now?

me and him-
    i introduced my guy to my family during my aunts bday, i introduce him as a friend coz i dont know what rule i am playing to his life.
    we see each other 2x week, we go out on lunch every weds and every sunday he stays at home with me, but still no commitment on his side.

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

Thanks, To me age was just a number and I love her for her personality. We have been married just over a year now and no one ever told me I was a normal guy ;)

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Grays, ask him out on a few weekends & see what happens.

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Curious: what has happened?

• Dancing Rivers
    8 years ago

I'm confused, angry, hurt, sad and yet still hopeful. We are the same age (I usually date older men by rule, no less than three years older) so anyway, we met on tinder, talked for a year then last month we had our first date and it was wonderful but way too short. Then this weekend I went to visit him at his place and everything was great, we made love twice and spent the two days talking and cuddling etc, he called the cab for me and asked the driver to 'fetch my girlfriend and take her back home' so I teased him and said how can he assume we are a couple if nothings been said, then eventually he relented, we watched a movie and made love for the second time,then I went with him to meet his guy friend who he's moving in with to get his contact details as his phone was stolen and he lost them, he then took me to the place he used to work at to meet his friend then we walked back to his place and on the way back he showed me his dad and step moms place, he had asked me if I wanted to meet them but out of respect for him knowing they don't have a good relationship I said it's ok maybe in good time then he very cynically stated that I would never meet them cause he hates them, so why did he show me their place? Then on my way home sunday night we texted each other on facebook after sharing a fairly long goodbye kiss and he said he misses me already and can't to see me again. And everyday without fail he would sms me or facebook me to say goodnight and without my asking him he bought me the book I've been wanting for two years. But sunday night I changed my status to in a relationship with him then his best friend commented and said good luck have fun hope it lasts long, so I added him as a friend then he messaged me and introduced himself followed by a comment of 'be prepared for a break up cause that's what he does' amongst other not so encouraging warnings, then as i was about to ask him about his intentions he blocked/ deleted me. So i brushed it off as his being jealous and i didn't want to bug my man with silly things though doubts were playing in my head. Then monday morning i checked facebook and there was nothing from him, so i left it till just before i knew hed be leaving for work, still nothing, so i messaged him saying i missed him and hoped he had a day as wonderful as him. At four he came online but didn't read or respond to my messages so i figured he's busy, i said hello and left it at that, at five id dedicated a poem to him so i let him know, still nothing, i became concerened thereafter, followed by hurt when i saw he kept logging on shortly after i messaged him but he didnt reply to any of my messages. I then made the mistake of venting my concerns in an impolite manner and then apologised, left things. Tuesday, same thing, i message him throughout the day but now he just doesn't come online at all. Today i stayed home from work feeling crap with flue on top of all the drama, messaged him once, nothing. Then i called his work thinking it would be easier to talk to him over the phone, the receptionist answers, he tells her to tell me he's got a lot of work (seems legit as he deals with life insurance claims) so yeah now I'm lying in bed feeling sorry for myself and waiting for his lunch break to see if he will call or not. But still i need opinions, do you think he's dealing with stuff/busy/offended/got what he wanted/ feeling suffocated/none of the above?

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Either his friend had him pegged or he took offence that you'd been friended by his buddy. Perhaps the status change was too much for him to handle.

Some men are really scared when it comes to commitment.

I would back off for a good while & see what happens.

• Dancing Rivers
    8 years ago

Thanks for the input Larry. Yeah no I just ended things entirely, I can't deal with such jerks anymore, I've had no response from him in three days and to me that's not on. So yeah, deleted and blocked him on facebook, and deleted his number from my phone so now I won't be tempted to play the helpless Juliet anymore and if he does get it in his thick skull to call me I'll just tell it like it is and tell him to get over it. A year ago I would have cried myself to sleep for a month over a guy, but that woman doesn't exist anymore, I can do things on my own without the assistance of a man and there's way more fish in the sea so at the end of the day it's his loss not mine.