Ranting Post.

• Linda
    8 years ago

Here's an idea. If you don't want to directly talk to someone about your issue, or what's pissing you off, or whatever it may be, rant it out here.

PnQ support system, activated.

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ Great idea. Well, looks like I'll be the first to reply. And hopefully others will too so we can get this going.

My rant? I guess it's about a fear for the future and embracing it the way I wish to. With a carefree attitude. My biggest hope is that people try to understand another person's struggle. Or how they overcame that. I think it's so easy (and I used to think this way too, have really changed my thinking over the past few years) to distance ourselves from people we don't understand. Instead of reaching out. Think of all the people we could touch and inspire if we learned from our ignorance? More specifically, ignorance about what we can't see. Which isn't technically anyone's fault; it's hard when it's unfamiliar or unseen - such as mental illness. I know we can't rely on what others' think, I just don't want anyone to feel shut out because of a stigma. It frustrates me when people can (though I'm sure with good intentions) simply say, "choose to be happy" or "just get over it". I know we can control how we react to a situation we can't control, and that our attitude is everything, but it's a work of progress. Life is ups and downs. It takes much more than just deciding one day to be "happy".

• Linda
    8 years ago

I agree with you. You set the standard yourself for happy, though. And until you meet the standards that you set for yourself, you're not content. I feel like a lot of "happiness" depends on how you see what you have. That's not accounting for depression, anxiety, trauma, things like that. However, I think there's a whole "I want more, I want change." aspect to this. And when you try to be happy with the small things and what you have, and you really do feel like you're blessed to have what you do, that's where happiness develops.

• NoHopeLeft
    8 years ago

Just a short reply, I'm unhappy and always will be! no matter what help is offered...

• Linda
    8 years ago

I'm stressed out so so much. I haven't been this stressed in a long time. It's 3 days since I ran into them, and I haven't eaten much of anything, because my body just rejects it and I get sick. I'm barely sleeping. I slept from 11AM-1PM today. My heart feels funny. I keep getting the spins. My whole world is changing again. And I'm trying very hard to be positive, but everything is taking a severe physical toll on me. I wish I could just stay in bed, but I can't.

• GB
    8 years ago

Well, I could rant here for long hours!!!

The circumstances my country challenging make me almost sleepless, actually it's more than hard shifting from the revolution to the real phase of building country on truthful basics of freedom and dignity. Everything badly affected, my career, my scholarship, our daily lives and business in general. Let's not elaborate about the terrorism, the social conflicts, and the immature politicians who did nothing but dragging the country to more chaos.

~sighs

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    8 years ago

*looks at my painted nails* I wish I didn't have so many responsibilities back home, so I didn't have to cut my freedom away because of my duty as a daughter. I wish I was more polite, held my tongue back,

I honestly hate being the strong one, I really and truly do! I hate the fact that I had to give up yet another dream because of my goddamn responsibilities, I wish one of my other siblings would fucking step up but that's selfish of me and I have to go away from being that.

I despise that I had to give up the dream that I wanted because if you want to work for the state you have to be "mentally stable" and I'm not...so even though I have the heart to be what I wanted it doesn't matter that if I went to college I couldn't BE it because they would hire someone with a "normal" brain that has no mental disorders.

I am frustrated that I have been selfish for months because I wanted to do my life better but in doing so I put my family through shit.

I just want to go home and screw my responsibilities that aren't my family.

• bequi
    8 years ago

Hie babe,

i really wanted to tell you lotsa things.
    things on my mind that keeps on playing, i wanted to tell you how stupid i am for loving you so much.

i guess i already did what needs to be done for you to love me. but then again , i guess, no matter what i do, it really means nothing to you.

you just simply taking me for granted , coz ya know im here, as always.

i just hope that you will find my true value.
    im hurting
    im angry
    but i am inlove with you so deeply

• Brookie
    8 years ago

Transgender girl rant so if you're against that me of stuff don't read.

This might seem small, dumb, trivial to everyone else but it feels like I'm constantly trying fpr the appraisal and validation of other people.

i don't think people realize what it means when im told things like 'you're to hairy to be female' or 'you'll never have this or that'

these might sound like small infractions but coming from someone who has -never- been able to practice their femininity in public due to people and their binary stereotypes, when i hear these comments i dont just brush them off. i take them to heart, to me i have a goal and your comment is something that i need to fix. it's another flaw that makes me different from 'normal girls'.

this mindset is poison to me, everyone is different and i can be beautiful and transgender and visibly both at the same time. hiding my flaws might make me look 'normal' but if i show my strengths i can look.beautiful...

i dont think the world understands what it's doing by placing such high standards on transgender women ((higher standards then ciswomen)) like literally we can't be tomboys, we can't be lesbians, we can't do anything a guy might like...

we all have to be barbies, if we don't die our hair blond and make sure we put on enough make.up to hide our flaws everyday we are not beautiful to you.

fuck women have been.fighting this for lifetimes and now it's set in stone on a minority. this is sexism at it's finest, but we are not just being attacked from males. females also feel the need to tell us if we do.not do these things everyday we are something less then human. then if we do do them we are still less then them, in reality we will never match up to what they think we should be.

alright this is sexist because you are literally looking at women and saying you are not women, you have to do these things to be one.
    what happens if i tell a person of color 'you are not a human unless you are white'... i would be racist. you are not a girl unless you have a vagina...

IM SORRY YOU WANT TO CLASSIFY ME FROM.SOMETHING LESS THEN 1 PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE I MEET WILL EVER SEE.

you're right, i don't have a damn vagina. its a damn unicorn that shits gold.

im sorry thats not enough for you to justify me being female.

honestly i just wanted to vent,
    im sorry you had to read this.

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

What do I rant about? That I am fucking scared shitless about moving again or how I hate my parents? I feel like there is some kind of selfish monster inside of me that comes out when I get triggered by the yelling they do. I hate that I have to relive my childhood over and over again everyday in this house, that they let my wife and I live in. But yet I still hate them so god damn much, because of what they did to me when I was younger. who beats a child physically and mentally and even emotionally and gets away with it. I hate myself, yet It is counterintuitive to think that my hatred spreads to them. I always question what the hell is wrong with me, but somewhere deep inside I am happy, or am I? I don't even know. I could end it anytime I wanted to, but would I be to blame, they would think so. because they are the ones who are selfish. I stay alive because I am stronger than they give me credit for, but yet there is a part of me that will probably always want to die, a little part of me that is missing and always will be. Yes, I do get triggered with PTSD because I have to relive through that experience over and over again, but I am still alive, somehow I am still alive.

• bequi
    8 years ago

I hate being sicky. geezzz trying hard to stay fit-well except of a good exercise that i cant do, huh or simply i wont do.

diet, diet , diet and nothin happens. well halllerrr im back and im gonna eat a lot !

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

My teens and early 20s were the worst time of my life. My dad's violent alcoholism, mom's martyr syndrome, my siblings escaping to leave me, the youngest, to deal with it. My girl friend's suicide after we broke up. Yet through it all there was a tiny voice that whispered - I want to live! I clung to that desire, made it my mantra. Struggled for years and finally I was able to forgive myself for not being superman.
    It's hard as hell to go through this stuff, but stay alive! Just stay here & talk. It gets better after awhile.

• GB
    8 years ago

It was a big fight last night, too much things said to regret. I don't know whether it's the same mistake repeated over and over or it's the kind of tension we are living everyday that made us burst.
    Thank god I knew partially how to fix few things, and that visitor helped non-intentionally to lessen the pain.

I have to figure out how to deal with this complicated issue from now on, but before winning my battle against PCOS, no serious decisions will be made regrading anything.

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Samia, I did not know you were dealing with PCOS. I know how that can really interfere with even the best situation.

• GB
    8 years ago

PCOS is the worst nightmare for any happy couples, Larry.

• GB
    8 years ago

After almost a whole year of street fighting and social conflicts, we are still in the same dark spot. Everything is getting worse, I'm afraid to say that my country could possibly be another Iraq. We are wasting time, money, youth... and for what? power and silly ideologies...
    Time to be one hand, time to defeat ISIS and all other illegitimate military forces and start building our country.
    We must just listen to the sound of the mind. Sighs~

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ Praying for you and everyone under attack. I pray ISIS is defeated. That no one else has to suffer under their cruelty.

My rant is pretty petty. But it's something I have to learn. Not to expect people to go above and beyond. Some people care in different ways and won't check up on you. Or call you back to make sure you're okay. You can't always hang on.

• GB
    8 years ago

Thanks MaryAnne.

So after almost two months, no improvement on the political level of the country, we are in the same circle, the UN doesn't help by this idiot representative, the Libyans themselves can't help themselves, for the greed overcame everything.

On a personal level, I'm afraid I couldn't make much progress, I started to see that look of despair in the eyes of my gynecologist, still the love and support I find from my husband are the things which make me able to face my day.

• donna
    8 years ago

My ex husband f*cks me off!! I wish he wasn't the dad to my 3 beautiful kids. He disowned my/ our eldest daughter when he couldn't cope with her own opinions towards him.. truth hurts!
    There was a reason to come on here and rant about him but after starting to type, I realised I couldn't stop. So instead of carrying on with the story of our 10 years together and the 14 years we haven't been together and how he is and has always been, I decided to stop or it would have become a book. Needless to say he has just text me and p*ssed me off... again! Suppose on the upside he wasn't telling me to drop dead or wishing he had let me kill myself 18 years ago when I got post-natal depression after our 3rd child like he was up until his own mum sadly passed away 6 months ago..
    I'm not doing good at the minute and could do without his attitude!! That's all.. for now.. rant over!

• GB
    8 years ago

I feel sorry for this, Donna (Hugging)

Many, many times, I fail to understand how some people could never appreciate the blessing of having children.

• NoHopeLeft
    8 years ago

We aint all like him donna x

• Milly Hayward
    7 years ago

My rant is about nasty rude horrible people who are mean to the disabled and those suffering from invisible illness.

I spend a lot of time stuck in bed so when I am well enough to go out I dress reasonably well and pin a smile to my face, and go out with a friendly attitude. I say hello and chat to people.

The problem is that some people think that you have to be old to be on a mobility scooter or just suffer from walking issues it doesn't occur to them that there are other reasons for using them as well.

I am always polite waiting for people to go by, saying excuse me and thank you especially when people stand still to let me pass.

But there are times when I become ill when I am out and at those times I know that I will have to use all of my strength, concentration and determination to get myself home before I collapse.

At this point my brain has started to slow down I don't recognise money, I cant read words or numbers because they become jumbled. My limbs become heavy and my words start to slur as if I am drunk.

I try to be polite say thank you but my voice sometimes goes away and other times might just be a whisper that a person doesn't hear or a delayed reaction because my brain cant get the words out quick enough before I get comments like "A thank you would be nice" or THANK YOU!! shouted or even muffled comments about stupid mobility woman don't help.

When this happens I feel like crying because I already feel inadequate and am worried about whether or not I will be able to make it home or not and now I have the abuse and bad attitude as if I am the rude and inconsiderate person and I cannot defend myself against it.

I feel like I should carry a placard that tells people that I'm not being rude that its my condition but I don't think that type of person would take any notice.

• Milly Hayward
    7 years ago

Sorry wrong button :)

• Em
    7 years ago

All I want to say is why can't people just be happy for each other?

Like I had a my first business meeting yesterday about opening a cafe in one of my shops and it went really well so I asked a few friends out for a meal tonight to celebrate. Some were really happy but one just said out right no I'm not celebrating something so trivial what the heck?
    And the worse thing was she couldn't reply on group chat like everybody else, if people have a problem why not just say? Ahh

• GB
    7 years ago

I feel bad, I just feel bad.
    I had those damn cramps all day but I have to thank god it didn't get worse.
    My black mood is still taking control of my mind for the last couple of days, perhaps because of the death of the 12 soldiers and that pilot, perhaps because the vacation is over and I'm back to that disgusting job, perhaps because I'm thinking about him and his plans for July?! I'm tired, very tired, mentally and physically.

• Em
    7 years ago

Massive hugs GB.
    I do feel the same though my black mood is back with vengeance to and I can't seem to shift it especially when I'm not with my friend. He just hugs me and everything seems to disappear, like he has healing hands.

• GB
    7 years ago

Thank you my dear, I recommend the ice cream, it really helps!