Sunrise

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

What have you found that gives hope in the midst of sadness?

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

Waking up and knowing there exists others who care, who will reassure, encourage... if I just reach out and open up

&

the compassion of animals.

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

^the compassion of animals

I like that

• bequi
    8 years ago

That there is goodness in everyones heart despite of how badly ive been treated.

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

Writing honestly has always helped me cope with my feelings, Also animals, ALWAYS animals

• Colm
    8 years ago

I think there is always somebody in a worse position that yourself, which is sad in itself but it can give you the 'stop feeling sorry for myself' kick in the butt you need sometimes. Also, writing, exercise and friends.

• Britt
    8 years ago

That my story is already written, and if I was woken up with air in my lungs for one more day, that God isn't finished with my story yet, and I have a purpose for another day. We're not promised no troubles in this life, but we are promised a source of hope in Jesus.

• Bob Shank
    8 years ago

Sharing my life experiences with others in the hopes that they never have to travel down the same roads as I have, and if by chance they have, then letting them know they are not alone and that even negative situations can propel you to a positive ending.....

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

^ even negative situations can propel you to a positive ending.....

And that's how life works.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is dwelling on it, healing is going forward.

• Alex
    8 years ago

Sometimes its hard to see through the fog..
    but something that keeps me going, although I have to remember at times that i still have these, are my dreams lol.

• BeautifulSoul
    8 years ago

My wife, she helps me so much

• Solus
    8 years ago

That one day it will stop.

• gumshuda
    8 years ago, updated 5 years ago

That I have a bigger dream to live and that all the people who look down upon me today, will find me so high, that even if they wanted to, they wouldn't be able to even scratch my skin.

• Meena Krish
    8 years ago

Given the history of my birth, am grateful to have had a wonderful parents, knowing things could have been worse or my life could have gone in the wrong direction.

Each time I feel depression coming on, I always think of the good that has been bestowed on me.

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Min, I think you have the secret.

• Beautiful Soul
    8 years ago

Thinking positive is difficult when you have been beaten mentally your whole life, sigh

• Bob Shank
    8 years ago

^true, but trust me when I tell you, once you realize you own self worth, it becomes easy, you are never responsible for what is done to you, however you own your reaction to such. It's sad that our initial reaction is to do something negative which continues to give others control over our lives.......Strive to stay positive and you'll beat your demons

• donna
    8 years ago

My friends, my partner and my family keep me going but I have hope in hope, of battling my demons and learning to live instead of just surviving. if you lose hope then what is left? A life with no hope is no life at all.. always have hope for better times as I'm sure one day there will be for all of us... I hope!! :)

• BeautifulSoul
    8 years ago

I hope to battle my demons as well

• NoHopeLeft
    8 years ago

Nothing gives my hope, i battle and struggle everyday

• Mello193
    8 years ago

I just hope for things. I wake up everyday to make progress to the things I want out of life

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

^ "Nothing gives my hope, i battle and struggle everyday"

The mere fact you continue the battle proves you have hope, if for nothing else than refusing to give up.

• NoHopeLeft
    8 years ago

I havent got the courage to end it....

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ I know you can have the courage to live it (live your life if that is what you're meaning here). Keep striving!

• NoHopeLeft
    8 years ago

I am trying i have my good days and bad days!

• Dancing Rivers
    8 years ago

Indeed we all do but we have to remember sometimes to try to find at least one impossible thing and one beautiful sight or sound or taste or sensation in a day, and focus on that, even if it's the feel of the wind in your hair or a pretty bird crying softly in the night, whatever is beautiful on your eyes, whatever inspires you to put ink to paper, yes, even pain, when it is channeled correctly can create something beautiful, and I know for a fact that you ^^no hopeleft ^^ write beautiful poetry and that should give you the courage and the drive to keep on keeping on.

• NoHopeLeft
    8 years ago

I wrote a new one. Called 'war at Christmas' so check it out please x

• Once an Angel
    8 years ago

I love this post - I love the questions it calls people to ask themselves. I feel most hopeful when I have to help someone else find hope. I guess that is part of the many things that role into why I am a therapist now. My hope is in helping someone else find their hope, because if they find hope, then hope is real. If hope is real, than I can have some, too. :)

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    8 years ago

The beauty of the world. The people are ugly, disposable - but true beauty, sun creating diamonds in the water, the stars that seem to stop for me when the world doesn't; it's the knowledge that I see beauty in simplicity, a rare trait anymore, and I love to discover new beauty every day

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    8 years ago

Praying, hearing comedy, walking out for hours in the country, being in the country it's all something that helps me relax and love the world.

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ So beautiful, you all. You are all beautiful :)

• Sushmita Mitra Chetri
    8 years ago

Speaking to myself infront of the mirror.This helps me to build self confidence.

• Em
    8 years ago

I try and think of at least one positive thing for the day or do one positive thing in the day to help somebody else so at least F I am feeling said I know I have at least helped someone else to feel good

• Shruti
    8 years ago

Mmm...I cry. Actually, crying helps alot. It helps in clearing all the pain and negativity inside. Well, but not always.
    I go out in the open and feel the air. I held my arms open and breathe in the fresh air. It feels good. It feels like the air has absorbed my my pain and loneliness. And being in nature is the best. Watching the trees swaying, so free. And the night air is so much more refreshing, watching the stars and the clouds. It makes me forget the world.

• Milly Hayward
    7 years ago

Imagining my husbands face smiling and when my little dog staring fixedly at me then starts nudging me and trying to put her paws around my neck to hug me when she knows something's wrong

• Sushmita Mitra Chetri
    7 years ago

I just keep quiet the whole day.

• Em
    7 years ago

^^
    Sometimes it's nice to be quiet but if you need to talk I have 2 good listening ears :)

• Red Yoshi
    7 years ago

Youtube

• Em
    7 years ago

Music is a good healer.. it muffles cries to

• Sushmita Mitra Chetri
    7 years ago

Sure, why not.
    And yes indeed music is a good healer. Sometimes the lyrics of some songs go so well with the situation.....and I just love listening to situation based songs.