Food Stuff...

• GB
    8 years ago

What is your favorite dish? and do you prepare it by yourself?

• Britt
    8 years ago

Lately it's been diced chicken, fried in a citrus onion sauce served over sauteed vegetables (zucchini, onion, celery, water chestnuts) and potatoes, with garlic grape seed oil and dill seasoning.

It's seriously so yum!

• GB
    8 years ago

Yes, sounds interesting.

I'm good at preparing chicken more than preparing the meat. I think my favorite dish so far is the Caesar Salad. It's rich in everything but takes long time almost 120 minutes, still as delicious as the Jimmy Oliver's 15 min recipe lol

For who might know the dish, it's Mexican salad of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, chicken slices and many other spices. I always take good care of the thyme!

• Kevin
    8 years ago

Pesto pasta with smoked Salmon and lots of nice veg...ideally with some carrot cake and a nice Americano. Add a book and you have just created pure bliss.

• BeautifulSoul
    8 years ago

I like Mac and cheese, I am not a cook, but I can do a few things. My favorite dish is chicken Parm though. NOMS!

• Larry Chamberlin
    8 years ago

Beef stroganoff

Yes, I do it from scratch. I may overload the sour cream, though my kids love it. I use lots of garlic (I'm not sure if it's possible for me to cook without garlic & onions).
    I brown the meat first in olive oil (secret is to cut the meat in strips across the grain), set it aside, carmelize the onions & then make the sauce all in the same pan. I also have various spices I use.

• Melpomene
    8 years ago

Ravjul Malti. These are basically maltese ricotta ravioli. They're made from scratch and served with a rich tomato sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and a side of bread to dip in the sauce. Can't beat a good old family recipe.

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

Hmm... I'd have to say more recently my grandpa Jack's Beef Tournedos (French perhaps?). Takes a lot of prep but the taste is exquisite, especially with the sauce.

• donna
    8 years ago

Lasagne and my beautiful missus makes it and it's the best :)

• GB
    8 years ago

I like all kinds of Italian pasta. My sister-in-law makes very special Lasagne, she adds the mushroom and other unusual ingredients. Preparing a good meal is a real art :)

• Maple Tree
    8 years ago

Chicken Riggis..... And canollis.... Ohhh so good

• Dark Secrets
    8 years ago

I don't have a favorite meal. There are different meals I love though, like

* chicken tikka masala
    * pepperoni pizza
    * chicken Alfredo
    * mahmoos (traditional bahraini dish with dark brown onion rice, served with chicken)
    * There's this dish my mom makes with dill rice and green kidney beans and roasted chicken
    * Shilla (traditional Persian soup with greens, beans and noodles)

and I have more, but these are what come to mind right now. I cook, and have made mahmoos and pizza, but I get them from restaurants because I don't have my own kitchen yet. I tried making chicken tikka masala, but I didn't get the right consistancy of the sauce/ soup part. Of course mahmoos, the dish my mom makes and shilla are usually home-made.

• Maple Tree
    8 years ago

I've been baking pumpkin bars.... I'm obsessed with making them... I got this new mixer that is so much fun to use!

• Sushmita Mitra Chetri
    8 years ago

I like junk food.
    And of course some additional ones that my mother prepares at home....but when it comes to being a cook to my own food,I must admit I just know to boil water lol:):)

• Milly Hayward
    8 years ago

Minced beef in beer

Mince, garlic, onions, red peppers, can of beer, can of tomatoes, capers, oxo cube, tomato puree, mushrooms, mixed herbs.

Topped with mixture of mashed potato and sweet potato mash

Topped with grated cheese

Served with garlic cheese bread

• Em
    7 years ago

I love cauliflower cheese and yes I make all my own food because at least then you know what's going in it.

• GB
    7 years ago

Lately I have been cooking "Rosto", a lovely Italian dish, I cook the sliced meat after spicing it with rosemary, salt and cinnamon, then I add carrots, garlic, tomato sauce and olive oil. It's rich and very easy.

• Em
    7 years ago

I made lasagne for the first time in months today and if I may so myself it was delicious :)

• Golden AnGel Rhapsodist
    7 years ago

My favourite dishes are Beef pochero,
    Pork Sinigang And chicken sisig.yes I can prepare it myself
    Learned how to cook from the great chef, none other than My mom.

:)

7 years ago

Banana and mango crepe

• Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

Stuffed turkey & gravy - from scratch

• Em
    7 years ago

Right now i want pizza lol

7 years ago