One like and one dislike about where you live

• donna
    8 years ago

So in this thread I thought we could name the country and city/state/province etc where You live and one thing you like about it and one thing you dislike.

I live in England,UK and a city called Leicester

1 thing I like about it is that we are a multicultural city and all generally get along.

1 thing I dislike about it is I suffer from anxiety and social phobia and it is too busy for me.

Try to keep it light hearted hence like/dislike and not love/hate

• Kevin
    8 years ago

What a lovely thread.

I live in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland.

I love how beautiful our city is. You can't really get over having a huge castle in the middle of the place you live. As a photographer, it is not a bad gig.

One thing I dislike about it. How the local government keeps wasting our tax money on stupid building projects, like the disgusting Scottish Parliament.

• donna
    8 years ago

I used to holiday in Aberdeen every year as a kid as I have family that live there. I've not been since I was teenager though as my Grandparents moved back to England and now my Aunts and Uncles visit us. Scotland is a beautiful Country
    Thank you for posting :)

• GB
    8 years ago

Well, I live in Benghazi, the second largest city northern Libya, also in Greek known as Euesperides.

I like everything in this ancient city, but to mention one thing, it must be the smell of the sea :)

What I don't like, how this beautiful city is now abused and neglected. After the revolution Benghazi has much changed for so many complicated reasons and lastly ISIS showed up to make the scene more than tragic.
    I think nither the revolution nor the previous regime supported this city in any way.

Thank you, a lovely thread indeed.

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

I live in an unincorporated community outside of a bigger city in Indiana. One thing I like is the familiarity and how it will always be home to me even though our family didn't move here until I was 5 years old. I live across the street from an elementary school and park, and I can walk to the two churches and post office easily. One thing I dislike is that everyone seems to know everyone's business. While this can surely be a good thing if someone is going through a hard time, we can all pray together or be neighborly, but there are some people who you have to specifically say "this is between you and I" otherwise they may casually mention it to others.

• donna
    8 years ago

Thank you for posting. I love the sea, especially abroad, it always seems so much cleaner and welcoming than our cold murky waters!
    I am sorry for your dislike seeming it is nothing to do with your city itself. Best wishes GB

Poet on the piano, I was brought up in the country in a small village so know what it is like to have the community spirit and also everybody knowing your business! That is one thing about now living in the city, the only people who get to know my business are those I chose to tell :)
    Thank you for posting

• Poet on the Piano
    8 years ago

^ Thanks for starting the thread, Donna! And that's neat we both were brought up in the country.

Yes, good point!

• Shruti
    8 years ago

I live in Assam (India).
    I love the lush forest...trees...nature all around and the fresh air. What I dislike is almost everyone don't take care of the roads and street; throw trash anywhere. The government too hardly sees to it. Hope this comes to an end one day.

• Meena Krish
    8 years ago

I live in Kerala(India) and what I like about this place is the lushes green, where mother nature is kept as it is! That is why Kerala is called "God's Own Country"

What I dislike the most as said above nobody bothers to keep the roads clean, nobody takes care they just throw rubbish where they like and spit wherever they are! Secondly nobody follows the traffic rules!!! They make their own rules and cause major accidents...again nobody cares not even the police!

Good thread Donna, thanks for starting it :)

• donna
    8 years ago

Thank you Shruti S and Meena Krish for posting.
    I have friends who have family in India and they say it is a beautiful country too.

Thanks again for posting everybody, I am enjoying reading your likes and dislikes :)

• Maple Tree
    8 years ago

I live in New York, a few hours from New York City.

I love the Adirondack Mountains... Living close by is a nature lovers dream.

The things I don't care about is the common rudness of people... It's like being rude is normal here... I just smile at them and continue on...

• BeautifulSoul
    8 years ago

I just moved to Boyne city, Michigan

It's hard to grasp what there is to like and dislike but

One thing I do like is how close the community seems to be with each other. It's nice to live in an area like this. With that being said

I dislike how small the town is. Whilst it is bigger than the town we moved from... There is not a lot to do, at least yet, because it is winter.

• Bob Shank
    8 years ago

I live in a remote little town , Renovo, Pa. surrounded by mountains and mountains and more mountains, it's so beautiful here, I was born here, but lived in Philadelphia for 30+ years, it has always been my dream to return here and now I can bring my sons up where I grew up, I love the air and the surrounding area, the mountains and the susquehanna river are within a block of my house, I have to agree with Maple, the rudeness of the people is a huge turnoff, that and the alcohol and drug problems that these impoverished little towns have come to......

• donna
    8 years ago

Bob and Maple tree, the areas you describe sound amazing. I would love to live close to mountains and rivers.
    I moved from the countryside at 16 which was really friendly, to our local small town which was mostly friendly, to a city that I absolutely loathed to begin with because of the rudeness and unfriendliness of people. Having been here now for over 15 years I've made some great friends but do miss the quietness and relaxed atmosphere of a small village.

Beautiful Soul. At least during the winter months you get to spend more time here on the site lol

Thanks for posting everybody.

• Bob Shank
    8 years ago

Donna, Google Renovo, Pa. the scenery is breath taking, you might even see my house, 246 8th street, I'm a stones throw from the Susquehanna river, I actually spent my childhood on that river, built a raft and thought I was Huck Finn....lol

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    8 years ago

San Marcos, Texas

I don't really know the city per say since it's not where I originally live because I live on campus and it's an 800 acre school it has everything that I can think of (not to the best of their abilities sometimes but it's a free school)

What I like about this school: I love the fact that you can change your entire life if you study, have determination and on top of all things you get to learn who you truly are and what you can be.

What I dislike: People who don't care enough to do the work, be honest, be kind, and most of all have respect for themselves and others.

• Sushmita Mitra Chetri
    8 years ago

I live in Assam,India.
    What I like about my state is that it is richly supplied with beautiful and elegant monuments.Places like Sibsagar,Majuli boost up the cultural and historical background of our state as well as our country.
    what I don't like is the uncleanliness of the place. Even the municipality board is not conscious...its pathetic.

• donna
    8 years ago

Bob I googled it and WOW you really are close to the river.. Thanks to everybody who has posted. It's nice to hear your dislikes but especially the likes of where you live.

• Milly Hayward
    8 years ago

I live in the UK in a large town far away from where I want to be. I hate that I am enclosed in my house like a prison. I love that there is a lake and woods nearby that when I am well I can visit.

• Em
    8 years ago

I live in the UK in a town which has nothing much to do and the friends I have are miles from me.
    I have a close it family and have a woods close by so could walk miles if I wanted.