How Can we encourage more people to comment honestly?

• Milly Hayward
    7 years ago

There are hundreds of people that visit the site and view the poems but only a tiny percentage take the time out to acknowledge that they have read the poem or make constructive comments.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on what could be done to improve the comment/feedback ratio?

It would also be useful to encourage comments on poems that offer advice for improvement whether publically or privately

Otherwise how is a poet to know whether what they are doing is right or if there is anything that they could do to improve it?

• Britt
    7 years ago

This site has gone in such waves. We used to have really meaningful, constructive comments and critiques. Then people got upset because "they weren't playing nice", and then the same people complain that the comments are now just sugarcoated.

Basically, some people truly want constructive criticism, and others are not looking for that. So after a huge debate/discussion/fight on the boards, commenting just went down. People come to this board now can ask for specific critique, but honestly most people just shy from it now.

• Lune de ma vie
    7 years ago

I'd love constructive criticism or any kind of comment you feel you'd like to leave and I'd be happy to do the same for anyone who does the same for me.

• Red Yoshi
    7 years ago

I'd also be happy to comment

• Em
    7 years ago

I love constructive critique because it's made me grow as a poet

• stormingdance (Lessa)
    7 years ago

I agree. I actually have one self-published book and read a 3-star review. I was not offended by it and feel like it has helped me as a writer.

• Mello193
    7 years ago

I always post honestly...

• Em
    7 years ago

Honesty is always best