So long, farewell.... well, kinda..

• Britt
    7 years ago

Hey peeps!

Just wanted to let you all know that I have officially stepped down as a mod. I am unable to devote the time (any) to the site, and even though your amazing mod squad tried to assure me that was okay, and said I could remain until I had more time, it didn't sit right with me.. especially with all these changes to the site, I haven't had the prioritized time to check in and figure out what's happening or where I could help if I had the time.

I'm not leaving the site (though if you talk to Jane, you'd think I died hahaha), and I hope to comment and be involved in poetry, however right now it's just not a priority for me.

Love to you all!

• Hellon replied to Britt
    7 years ago, updated 7 years ago

I think you still sign in more often than some of the mods Britt. Everyone is still trying to navigate the new site so I'm sure they will understand if you're not participating as much as you did, no one is right now I feel. I know you're building a home and that will be a priority in your life right now, of course. I also know that a lot of members will be sad to see you step down and, I'm one of them. The decision is yours, of course, but if you are stepping down only because you feel you 'have to' then please reconsider.

• Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

As usual, Britt is one step ahead. We planned to make a tribute thread, but she beat us to it.
    Britt wanted to step down weeks ago but we cajoled her, held our breath and threw tantrums so she stayed.
    Now she won her freedom.
    Britt is one of the best mods I have ever had the pleasure to serve with and she will be sorely missed.

Britt, build your house with the love and devotion you gave this site and it will last for generations to come.

Love ya.
    Larry

• Britt
    7 years ago

I tried to step down 5 months ago and you sappy suckers wouldn't allow it!!

Hellon, your post was so sweet, thank you. My home is built and done, and I've realized that keeping up with it and the outside as soon as spring hits takes a lot of work and time. I sign in briefly but don't do a darn thing lol.

Honestly I've stepped back from social media as well, and in the week, I've learned 2 new recipes, read a book and a half, had my house spotless every day, spent time with friends without our phones, and have finished painting two pieces of furniture. I'm opening our home up to a dinner club, and I'm focusing on my face to face time with people, because I'm really bad at it. I have a dependence to the internet - here, social media, and more, and I really need to prioritize my time. It's sad how often I go to Facebook (I deleted the app and placed my Bible app there...amazing how much more I've read!).

Anyhow, all that leads to I stepped down because I felt I need to - for the site but also for me. I get sucked in easily (addiction for sure) and I just want to be more intentional about certain areas of my life. The behind the scenes stuff on the site is no longer one of those things, however writing and the relationships I've formed here do make my list!

Larry I will always beat y'all to posting because I can't shut up! Lol. I appreciate your kind comments, though I think they're a slight bit off. I'm going to miss the SOS HELP messages, they have been so fun!! You guys are going to navigate the newness perfectly!

• Hellon replied to Britt
    7 years ago

Well...thanks for all the time and effort you've put into the site over the years. It's very much appreciated.

• Meena Krish replied to Hellon
    7 years ago

Britt...its sad to see you step down...just when I'm coming around getting to know
    all the mods...you are leave/leaving... :(

.........................I wish you all the best and I hope all goes well with the building of your
    house...God Bless...take care ((hugs))

• silvershoes
    7 years ago

Uuughhhhhh!!! This makes me really upset. I'm too upset to post what you deserve, Britt, but I will in a few days. I have to organize my thoughts. You've had such an impact on me, woman. I know you'll stick around, but not having you as a fellow mod is a pang in my heart :( This time stings a lot more than the other times. Jane is not happy with this event.

• hiraeth
    7 years ago

We've held you hostage for long enough :D

Still sucks that you're stepping down, but hopefully this means you're going to be posting more now. :)

Thanks for everything you've done for the site.

• Ben Pickard
    7 years ago

Britt,

A genuine thank you from me for the time you have obviously invested in the site but sometimes, 'real life' gets in the way of things and has to take priority.

All the very best,

Ben

• Nicko replied to Britt
    7 years ago

Hey Britt good luck with your house build. No doubt we will see you hanging around, like many you have to much history and time invested here not to...

He says hopefully ;)

• Shruti replied to Britt
    7 years ago, updated 7 years ago

I don't post much in the discussions here, but I do read every thread.
    And to be honest, I see you as the most friendly mod (please no offence to the other mods here lol. You're friendly too ^_^).
    And it's very sad that you are stepping down.
    But I understand that everyone needs a break sometime.
    Thank you for keeping this place warm here...and for many more things.
    All the very best to you.
    :)

• Maple Tree
    7 years ago

Awwww pantso....

I met you when you were 16 or 17 yrs old.....

I've seen you go through so much and you've grown to be a precious and wonderful woman.

Enjoy your life and we shall see you when we can...You are one of the truest friends I have and I support you, always sweet lady. Love you

• Gem
    7 years ago

Wish you all the best Britt! Social media can take over if you're not careful! Hope you find a balance x

• BlueJay
    7 years ago

Well the entire (active) site seems to be voicing their concerns and love for you Britt, and it is well deserved. Please enjoy the other areas of your life that you need to devote more time to, please be the very best you that you can possibly be (for your sake and for ours) and just know that a lot of us will continue coming to you for help when you are on lol. And if being a mod when you are not here doesn't feel right to you, then by all means find a new area of PnQ to hold on to lol.

P.s. I enjoyed the title of this thread a lot :)

• silvershoes
    7 years ago

Shruti, no offense taken and I completely agree! Britt is warm and inviting, and she's hilarious. Ugh. I'm tearing up. Screw you, bunches! But also, I love you and I want you to follow your heart and be your best you. What the heck, guys. My emotions are all over the place.

• Britt replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago

Oh my gosh you are all so ridiculous and beautiful and I love you all to pieces!

Jane, FOR REAL, I'm still here. You aren't losing me. I'll never let go, Jack..err..Jane, I'll never let go!

Seriously the emotional Jane is killing me, because reasons. I'll probably be on here more than I was before knowing I don't "have" to now. Ha!

• Hellon
    7 years ago

So...are we going to see a new mod in the near future or what?

• silvershoes
    7 years ago

Nevaaaahhhhhh!!!

We haven't discussed it yet. Still hoping Britt will change her mind.

• Brenda
    7 years ago

Britt, thank you for all that you have done on P&Q, you and all the mods are extreme assets to the site. Totally understand the need to step back and allow others areas of your life to come to the forefront. Best of luck with your new home and the upcoming landscaping! We will miss you Britt-hugs and prayers-Brenda

• abracadabra
    7 years ago

Good on you, Britt.

• Colm
    7 years ago

Thanks Britt!

• Dancing Rivers
    7 years ago

ah Britt!! i know we haven't really exchanged many words or antics since i've been online, but i see you, always and you truly are a great mod, thanks for all that you've done for pnq and the family, but hey, go out there and enjoy your physical-living-inthe-same-house-as-you family because that is important as I'm learning, you can't just throw a casual smile to a 3 week old baby and hope that she sleeps, my days now also consist of 3 hours spent feeding, burping, nappy change and then (two of the three hours ) spent fighting a voiceless angel who suddenly becomes a demon when she realises it is time to sleep for three hours. *it's entirely fun at around midnight and your eyes are barely open * but I feel you, I'm also standing back a tad from writing and reading at the moment cause dammit this little creature takes up aaaaaaaaalllllllllllll my time so I feel you sister <3 big love to you

• Nicko
    7 years ago

Thanks for all the hard work Britt

Good luck with your adventures :)