Thank you, Mel & Britt

• silvershoes
    7 years ago

I was going to title this "Our Fallen Heroes," but I didn't want to freak people out. I realize I'm overly dramatic about certain moderators stepping down from moderatorship. Or am I? I feel like I have every right to be dramatic!

As you all probably know, Britt stepped down from moderatorship. She made a thread explaining herself, but I wanted to make a thread FOR her. A few days ago, Melpomene joined her in stepping down. These two wonderful women have served with us for a long time and have dedicated years of their time, energy, and love to PnQ. Please take a moment to thank them. Memories welcome.

Love you both, smelly and bunches. An era has ended.

• Naughtymouse replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago, updated 7 years ago

Although I haven't spoken to you guys much I am definitely aware of how much time and effort you have both put into pnq, not just as mods but contributing writers and commentators and wanted to say thank-you for all your work infront of and behind the scenes of this place many of us call home, for some of us mere mortals we have a hard enough time when life gets in the way to just post a poem or check in with our club but you guys that as well as moderate. Kudos to you both and again thank-you for all your hard work and commitment to pnq and us all. Don't think that it hasn't gone unnoticed because it certainly hasn't.

You guys rock \m/

• Nicko replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago

Yep over dramatic ..ha

Thanks Britt and Mel, Britt on your your second crack, Mel my Aussie mate well done for a long hard stint.. a thankless task mostly

Cheerz

• Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

Britt, I've already said how I feel about you: you bleed PnQ pastels. You are missed already in the weekly cookie swap, but someone will fill in eventually.

Mel, you have always been the penultimate professional. Your background in art and education has served you well as a moderator so I'm sure your career will be super. Enjoy your "down" time (hah!) with a cool Raspberry Ice Nymph in a tall glass!

• Liz
    7 years ago

Thank you, ladies!!

• silvershoes
    7 years ago, updated 7 years ago

Nicko, haha! I know, I know.

• Britt
    7 years ago

Jane you are absolutely ridiculous and I just love you to pieces.

Larry, I just made snickerdoodles. They're amazing, and I'll still share! Lol at the bleeding PnQ pastels. Neutral is a good option!!

Thank you all for your unnecessary and kind words. I don't even know what to say, lol, it seems silly!

• Poet on the Piano
    7 years ago

Heavy sigh. Jane, I'll be just as dramatic as you here. Let us all stand and honor our fallen heroes <3
    *sets a bouquet of flowers down and walks up to the podium*

Knowing you both first through your poetry then activities on the site then years later sharing a "modship"...
    it's beyond encouraging. I'm incredibly proud of you both, not just for what you've done for PnQ, but you as people.
    Not to mention seeing all your passion, heart, faith, testimony in what you share on here and on Facebook.

Love you, guys!

P.S. "bleeding PnQ pastels" is brilliant (way to describe Britt and also the artsy Mel). And Larry? I almost choked when you mentioned "Raspberry Ice Nymph" ;)

• Meena Krish replied to Poet on the Piano
    7 years ago

What can I say..."The best have left the ship to sale with memories!"

You guys sorry girls are sorely missed...

• Ben Pickard
    7 years ago

A genuine thank you from me and all the very best.

• Maple Tree
    7 years ago

Mel and pantso... I love you ladies, thank you

• Britt
    7 years ago

Pantso, bunches. I tell ya.. you guys have the best nicknames ;)

• Darren
    7 years ago

You both deserve everybody's thanks,

Good luck and enjoy your freedom

• hiraeth
    6 years ago

You two no longer have masters, you both are free elves!

Thank you both for all that you have done for the site over the last couple of years! :)

• Em
    6 years ago

Thanks for all you have done. Hope to see you around and good luck on the other things you're concentrating on.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to hiraeth
    6 years ago

^^ "You two no longer have masters, you both are free elves!"

Dammit! We never should have given them those sox.

• abracadabra
    6 years ago

Thanks, you two wonderful women.

Jane, come lay your sad head on my singular bosom.

• silvershoes replied to abracadabra
    6 years ago

Don't mind if I do. *swoon*

• Melpomene
    6 years ago

Thank you everyone for the love & support over the last however many years I've been a mod. No plans to leave the site, will still drop in as much as I am able.

• Everlasting replied to Melpomene
    6 years ago

Thanks for your volunteering

See you around.