We Appreciate YOU, Nurses!

• Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago

Hi, all! So Nurse's Appreciation Day in the States was just a few days ago (May 8th) and International Nurse's Day is the upcoming 12th of May. None of my family members are nurses but this weekend especially reminded me how much these caregivers truly give. We had a family emergency and I spent the weekend in the hospital, staying the night with my mom, as we saw the shift change of many nurses. Each smile they gave, no matter how tired, was so reassuring to my mom. It's incredible how it may be routine for them to check up every so often as is part of their job, but each little thing adds up. I remember MY first time in the ER and how terrifying it was, yet they were so gentle with me, even though I was scared to talk and basically ashamed of who I was. I know not everyone has good experiences in emergency situations but I wanted to share the positive. I'm sure they get thanked a lot and maybe it is seen as perfunctory action but I believe each thank you matters. Personally, I see them as saints here on earth.

Thank YOU, nurses and all associated with medical staff, for your compassion and continued dedication. <3

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Thank you <3

It's the most rewarding career and life uplifting experience ever in my heart!!

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

Sometimes I regret not becoming a nurse. It is one of the most noble jobs in my opinion. Thank you to all nurses! What you do is truly wonderful.

• ddavidd
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Often they are the most beautiful people.