That 70s Song Contest Winners, all rounds

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago by PnQ Mod Account

Here it is, folks. Congrats to our finalists and especially to MaryAnne for her paean to childhood memories, Saturday in the Park and to Poetess for her stark interpretation of Midnight at the Oasis!

Saturday in the Park ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Poet on the Piano (MA) ~ ~ ~ 67
    Midnight at the Oasis ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Poetess ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 62
    Hey There Lonely Girl ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Hellon ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ 49
    Knockin' on Heaven's Door ~ ~ ~~ Brenda ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 46
    Have You Ever Seen the Rain ~ ~~ Bluejay (Maddie) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 41
    Walking in Rhythm ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Everlasting (Luce) ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ 29

Earlier voting yielded the following results in the first two rounds:

Round One:

Midnight at the Oasis (Maria Muldaur) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Poetess ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ 72
    Walking in Rhythm (the Blackbyrds) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Everlasting ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 55
    Hey There Lonely Girl (Eddie Holman) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Hellon (2) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 55
    The Ghost Song (The Doors) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Hellon ~ ~ ~ ~~~ ~ ~ ~ 53
    I Can See Clearly Now (Johnny Nash) ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ Hellon (3) ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 43
    Take it Easy (the Eagles) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ Tony ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ 28
    What a Fool Believes (the Doobie Brothers) ~ ~ ~ 2luv ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ 22
    Smiling Faces Sometimes (the Undisputed Truth) ~ Rania ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ 18
    More than a Feeling (Boston) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Meena Krish ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 17
    Your Mama Don't Dance (Loggins & Messina) ~ ~~ Craig (Aries Rising) ~ ~ 8
    Slippin' into Darkness (War) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Em ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 7

Round Two:

Saturday in the Park (Chicago) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ Poet on the Piano (MA) ~ ~ ~ 58
    Have You Ever Seen the Rain (CCR) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Bluejay (Maddie) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 45
    Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan) ~ ~ ~ ~ Brenda (2) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 45
    Dust in the Wind (Kansas) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Ben Pickard ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 44
    Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Maple Tree ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 39
    Song Sung Blue (Neil Diamond) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Mark ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 38
    We Just Disagree (Dave Mason) ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ Brenda ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ 18
    Black Magic Woman (Santana) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ Maple Tree (2) ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 17
    I'm Not in Love (10cc) ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Nicko ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ 14
    The Tears of a Clown (Smokey Robinson) ~ ~ ~ Darren ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 11

Thanks to all who entered, congrats to each of you for writing an awesome poem. Now go post them!

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Congrats guys,

It's great seeing who's behind the words now, I guessed a few correctly but many of you totally threw me

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Congratulations on a wonderful contest, Larry, and a massive congratulations to MaryAnne and the runners-up.

• Liz
    6 years ago

Congrats, MaryAnn! And awesome stuff everyone who entered!
    Hellon, I never would have guessed you wrote any of those lol

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Congrats MaryAnne and the runner ups! I agree with Craig, it was fun to see who wrote what. Some I had, others I was so not close, lol. Larry, thank you for hosting such a fun contest.

• Everlasting
    6 years ago

Congratulations Maryann!

And thank you everyone for participating

• silvershoes

MA, congratulations!!! Love that some people wrote multiple poems. Love seeing who wrote which poem. Cool. Excellent contest, Larry. Well done.

• BlueJay
    6 years ago

Great contest! I just loved reading all of these and was kept in suspense every moment of it!

• Meena Krish replied to BlueJay
    6 years ago

Congrats to the Winners and thank you Larry for hosting this contest!

• BlueJay

Has anyone posted their poems to their accounts yet? I'd love to leave comments!

• Liz replied to BlueJay
    6 years ago

Quite a few have!

• Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago

Oops, can't believe I'm just seeing this! Wow, thank you so much! This was an absolute blast and congrats to each and every poet.
    It was really neat seeing the different poems and where that inspiration was drawn from.

Here's to Larry, for being such an awesome host!