Is it wrong

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Is it wrong that I'm now 45 years old and I still call people dude regardless of how old or young they are. Right or wrong I don't think I'll be able to stop lol.

Kinda got me wording if anyone else does similar kinds of things,

Craig

Oh but I found out a while ago women really don't like being called chick lol

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

I'm 47...and I call people dudes or man.....ladies I usually say Missy or sweets....

I counsel a guy that's 23 years old.....when he gets into trouble I tell him "dude, your making me go grey, at Christmas time I want you to get me hair dye" he laughs and says "yes, Miss Andrea".....

I'm respectful when I need to be, but I have found working with the mentally ill, the less formal you are, the more comfortable they are.....

• CJ Maleney replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

I love this thank you so much for sharing

X

• Em
    6 years ago

This actually made me laugh because I do it too and no we don't like being called chicks or birds because if you've noticed we don't fly lol :)

• Michael replied to Em
    6 years ago

Hey all you PnQ Dudes how you all doing from one dude to many dudes

I will shout it from the rafters DUDES DUDES its are dude-ty and dude-ly honour thy dudes.

Haha... nice one centurion ARising for this, as I never use this word. and because I don't I just gone blooming mad with it. But would never mind being referred as a Dude, makes me feel young for some reason :)

So... no more Punch.. its now known as 'The Punch and Dudie show' boo boom

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

I have occasionally started a speech with "dudes & dudettes"
    I think I got that from Doonesbury.
    About the only time i use it in everyday talk is when I'm about to put someone down for being a dinosaur.

I pretty much stick to you, y'all, you all and all y'all depending on the audience.

• Ren
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

I call everyone dude. And I mean everyone. Even called my grandma dude once-she was a tad confused to say the least. I never mean to be disrespectful, though. It's just a bad habit. I always try and be mindful of who I am speaking to though.

And I don't mind being called dude, either, lol.

I don't mind being called a "Chick", but it depends on the situation. Are you calling me a cool chick? That's nice. Or are you calling me "some chick", followed by a line of whatever you're saying about me. Cause that's not so nice.

In regards to Larry's comment- I pretty much stick with y'all, too, lol

Nice post, Craig :) Now I need to go get caught up on your Poet of the fortnight!

• Everlasting replied to CJ Maleney
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

I dislike being called dude...
    I think I just don't like the word "dude"...
    It sounds... I don't know... like "dude?"
    Regardless of so, I think anyone can say "dude"
    irregardless of age. However, just keeping in mind
    That some people (like me) may not enjoy being address with that word... just called me Lucero lol

See ya. Have a nice day.

• CJ Maleney replied to Em
    6 years ago

Unless it's to Egypt lol x

• CJ Maleney replied to Michael
    6 years ago

Ha ha brilliant

Craig

• CJ Maleney replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

I bet secretly they prefer dude lol

• CJ Maleney replied to Ren
    6 years ago

There's only one girl call chick and it generally "hey up chick" we're really good friends so I suppose I getaway with it.

And yes I must catch up myself