Support, talk. But not advice

• Michael
    6 years ago

Hello :)

To all poets, writers and authors.
    I would just like to say that, while my writing and poetry mean the earth to me, and posting on the wonderful world of PnQ. I would rather give that time up to set up a support place on here, for anyone to access. Where there is somewhere for members to chat, providing a safe environment to discuss any issues of any kind.

I myself am not a therapist, but have experience of addiction and abuse, also I have been working on my journey with a healing therapist, for 6 months. What I have gained personally would take me so long to write, but I hold nothing back in my journey with writing and creativity. Which as many friends on the site have read and seen.

If there is a way this can be opened and safely accessed, I would be more than happy to set something up. So any suggestions, don't hesitate :)

I would guess that there are some amazing people with experience on this site, that may have come through or still working on their journeys. The poetry on PnQ is mind blowing at times, and with so much reality in emotions. Cant beat that!

Anyway, enough from me, this is purely a thought

Michael :) x

• ddavidd replied to Michael
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

I really appreciate you as a poet and as a person dear Michael. I was exactly where you are, more and less. Because we are exactly that: More & Less all the time.
    What I mean is that I was seeing so many occasions of helping, but I always refuged in coming to the spotlight and asking: who wants it?!
    The authenticity of any act, is to see its true nature, as I am confident, that yours is a good one. And in the spirit of that goodness, buy coming forward, like this, you sometime bring some genuine needs for help to spotlight, and some true needs still would shy away and remain in darkness.

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Feel free to use this open thread or even start another one in the Friendship Forum. There is never too much camaraderie and understanding in this site or in this world.

• mossgirl19 replied to Michael
    6 years ago

I think it very noble of you to open this idea up, Michael and I surely would like a support group where everyone will be free to express what they are going thru, no fears of being judged or no reservations.

• Michael replied to ddavidd
    6 years ago

Hi Frank

Yes I agree and the beauty of this website is that over my time here, I feel I have bonded with other poets.
    So much is expressed through writing, and the bravery of people showing their/my lives in what is written.
    I feel with my journey and learnings, only to share experience and help and support.

Like rather than returning a favour, but to pay forward...and so on.

Thank you for replying
    and hope all is well my friend

Michael :)

• Michael replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Hi Larry
    Thank you for your inspiration and yes there never is enough in this world.
    All the extra bits can help, as it opens things up for people, however that is accessed.

Thank you

• Michael replied to mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Hi Mel

Yes exactly, just somewhere to visit and explore issues. Or just getting something off one's chest. So much already is shown to all with poetry.

Sometimes when it's not face to face, and quite anonymous people find it less daunting to open up with all different kinds of things.

Thank you for your support

• Michael

I have thought about how this may work:

I will start a thread on, like Larry suggested in the 'Friends' section of the site.
    I will at times post my experiences of my addiction for all to read, giving anyone an insight of how it was and how it is. The effects, highs, lows, losses and as much reality I can write. I feel this way, it will open hope and pass on inspiration to people going through what they are troubled with. Or even prevention of starting something.

The truth is that it's not that it's the 'cure' is
    in the prevention. It's simply 'prevention causes no need for a cure'

I hope that makes sense

So just to say I will post from where it began for me, and my journey.
    I would love to write all now, but it's a lifetime's work. But some of what of the beginnings, dark times, after maths, and really the true effects of my addiction, and anyone who would like to add a story, or just read for inspiration. As I feel what comes from true experiences, is life education

Thanks all

• Poet on the Piano replied to Michael
    6 years ago

Yes! This is truly a beautiful and inspirational idea, Michael. Thank you for sharing your compassion and being so open. I find that helps in healing and making it through your own journey.

I think it's SO important to have that safe environment, wherever one can be found. Even in sharing our struggles and ways we are coping can help know we're not alone. It can be hard to find people who will actually listen, and not just throw a "well I'm sure it will get better" in the mix.

I am looking forward to the thread and I hope it helps a few members at least be able to share their honest emotions/ thoughts without fear of judgment.

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Michael you are a gem.

I think just sharing your journey with others is the best .... When dealing with a deep seeded pain ....it puts the person in a dark place, where they feel no other person could possibly understand....and that is simply not true. By sharing..others with gather... support is by far the best medicine.

• Michael replied to Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago

Thank you poet on the piano (sorry that's all I know you by, but it is a nice title :)

Yes absolutely, and anything healing takes time and exploration. I feel the thread which I have started on the friendship page, is about being as raw and open as anyone feels comfortable, and also to hopefully inspire people and even work as a prevention.

I truly am believing that becoming older, and not that far back from rock bottom, I can only pass on my experience, and others too at a conscious level, to strive for healthier generations to come

keep paying it forward :)

Much love

• Michael replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

My dear Andrea,

Thank you so much for leaving a message of inspiration. And I whole-heartedly agree with you, no one should ever feel alone with anything. Its there to be read, shared, to feel safe and if a word helped someone, out of a thousand lines... then great :)

And Andrea, you were there at a crucial time with me, and my writing.

So again thank you
    just for being you

Much love

Michael :)x

• Michael

I have now started some writing in the 'Friendship' section on the forum site, please add anything, ask anything. The more stories, journeys, realities the more it will give to others.

And like any journey of exploration, there is no rush. I will keep writing there when I can, because I want to so much. At times we will find it difficult with times, so please do not worry if something isn't finished, it will always be re-visited.

Thanks all for supporting on this.
    I have learned so much on here, people and my own writing
    so incredible :)

Much love

Michael x :)

• Em
    6 years ago

Michael. I know a little of your story as it comes through your powerful poetry. I truly believe you are an angel on earth and I tilt my hat to you for your bravery and inspirational post.
    Em

• Michael replied to Em
    6 years ago

Thank you Em
    Such a nice word to use :)
    Im unsure how it will all go, but nothing ventured nothing gained is I feel. Sharing experience's may or may not be easy. All depends where we all are at the time.

• Maple Tree replied to Michael
    6 years ago

Hugs you Michael

• Michael replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Hugs back to you too Miss Andrea, if only everyone in the world right now....Just had a hug

• silvershoes replied to Michael
    6 years ago

I love this, Michael. I have been going through a tough time lately. If it's been years, is it still considered lately? Anyway, I am totally in support of supporting each other.

• Michael replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

Hi Silvershoes

Thank you for your message :)

Absolutely, I have started a thread on the 'Friendship' page under 'a place to share'

I am writing some of my story of addiction, but yes please what ever you would be happy sharing. Also personal messages I am happy with. anything to share, talk, laugh and cry. Its all so important

much love