And welcomed you to our world

But the truth will always out
    Though for some it is too late
    I don't know what they'll do with you

Because this one isn't down to fate

Think ya all know what this is about. What a complete Richard

• Em replied to CJ Maleney
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Craig. At first I didn't as it seemed I missed something but I don't care now know what it's about and I am 1/ thankful for the mods for being so thorough and that this person was caught out and 2/ appalled that this person has tricked people into believing who they were (I wouldn't have known any better honestly) and this particular person contacted myself and said that they were doing a collaborative with the other what an utter joke and deception at its finest considering young men and women use this site and could so easily have been fooled like anywhere online I know but this makes me feel very anxious

I hope this person has been made to delete both accounts and is banned from the site forever but I doubt that's even possible as people like this so easily slip through the net (excuse the pun)

• Brenda
    6 years ago

I really am so confused....why do we have people pretending they are someone else, for what gain? I really felt this site was pretty open and honest and we are here to support each other's as writers. What the heck is going on?

• mossgirl19 replied to CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

I don't understand...what is going on?

• BlueJay
    6 years ago

I agree with Brenda, the site usually seems pretty open - so what am I missing?

• Michael

In truth my blood is boiling about this person who comes on here deceiving and dishonest and then posts a poem about it. I mean what the hell. It scares the crap out of me..I love this site and through my experience introduced my daughter to come and free her expression in safety.
    This person I can do without there's enough in the world and other darness, without a poetry one being violated. It's despicable and disgusting.

And I'm afraid he's not the only one, I have come across another member who has been deceitful with me, and I will be forwarding messages to PnQ Moderators.
    What is going on recently, I have no idea. I love the members I have got to know, and it puts a dark shadow over the genuine poetry lovers!
    Much love
    Michael :)

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

I can only think of swear words for this sort of behaviour, so I'll say nothing else for now!

I'm still fairly new here and love it! This is just one bad egg .. the rest of you rock! X

Kitty =^.^=

• CJ Maleney replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Totally agree

Craig

• Brenda
    6 years ago

I agree too. Don't let a few destroy what has been built on this site.

• Milly Hayward
    6 years ago

I'm just coming in now on this and am totally confused. People are talking about someone pretending to be a 17 year old girl but is really a man and that the mans been private messaging people under the guise of being a teenager and has now published an offensive poem? This is not good. I think if anyone has inadvertently shared personal contact details with him particularly ladies they should consider reporting him to the police because he might be some sort of pervert or stalker. Milly

• Hellon

The rumours have been flying around all day about this member..each one different from the other so...what's the truth exactly? More than one account? That's not a crime...plenty more have more than one account. Lying? well, it's the internet folks ...we could all potentially be liars...who's to know for sure?

The account/accounts have been deleted so what else is there? Surely, if this member is a 'threat' (and I don't consider lying or having dual accounts to be one) we deserve to know in what way?

• silvershoes

This member created a second account under false pretenses, was caught, and then was asked to delete the second account and make it known publicly that it was him the whole time behind the second account. He did. While I apologize to those who were fooled and understand the frustration, we have dealt with it as we have many times before... So long as Robert abides by the rules we have set out for him in future (we have him on a tight rope), he will be respected as any other member on this site. I believe in second chances. What Robert did is not evil, though of course it was not okay. I encourage every one of you who feels tricked to look inside yourself and find forgiveness. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes in people's lives and so we should not judge too harshly. While the circumstances might lead people to believe the worst (that he was luring young women under the guise of being a young female peer), there is no evidence of such behavior. If you have evidence of predation on this site, please bring it to the mods in private and it will be dealt with accordingly.

Thank you :)

• CJ Maleney replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

To be honest it does not and will not affect my life in any way shape size or form, yeah I hate being deceived

as does everyone.

At this point I'm past caring and just want things to return to normality, ha ha ha normality on a poetry site.

Others have some very strong opinions on what transpired and I get where they are coming from however I personally am so over and done with this

Regards

Craig

"Premum non nocere"

• Hellon replied to silvershoes

So....he still has an account on here??? What is it?

• silvershoes

Hellon,

This thread has turned into a display of public ridicule, which I'm unsure is appropriate or ethical at this time. I need to discuss with the other mods before answering your question or any other related questions.
    ----

What I will say to everyone is that we asked this member to post on his profile an apology and what his alternate identity was before it was deleted. We're currently in the process of handling this situation. It is not entirely settled, but he is not allowed to create alternate accounts in the future. Unless I don't have all of the information, I don't think he did anything warranting a witch hunt. We have had many -- MAAANNYYY -- people on this site who have created alternate accounts pretending to be other people. If no one was victimized by the person's alternate account, we catch it, they apologize, admit the account publicly, delete the account, and do not break any future rules of this site, we usually move on from it gracefully.

As a reminder to all members, these are the rules regarding a second account:

"You may have one alternate account/alias pre-approved by the moderators. You may not use this account for nefarious purposes, such as voting on your own poems and quotes, nominating your own poems and quotes, ganging up on other members, or joining more than one club.

You may only be a member of one club. No exceptions. If you have two accounts, both accounts may be in the same club; however, all members in your club must be made aware of your dual membership. Club managers may deny you membership or cancel your membership without explanation. Please do not harass club managers."

And here is the TERMS page, which can be found at the bottom of this page or any page on PnQ: http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/terms

• Hellon replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

I was just trying to get this member's 'crime ' out there because, from what I've read there isn't really one to worry anyone...just looking for confirmation from the mods. Ok...he pissed off some people and I can understand why to some extent but...it's the internet FFS...if you make yourself vulnerable then that's your fault IMO...did he take advantage of that..I can't answer for each of you just myself and that's a definite no. Does he deserve another chance? IMO yes...I think he needs help more than mockery...just my opinion of course...This a poem, which I believe is from an existing account that he still has....

Forgive me for what I did
    Even though it may not matter
    My deceitng is driving me mad
    Madder than that hatter

And I'm in the bathroom
    As I speak
    With a knife in hand
    And blood running towards my feet

I think I'm finally done
    Done with it all
    But I wanted to say
    I enjoyed you all

But forgive me for this
    For this might be the end
    And don't worry about deceit
    For you might not hear from me again

• Milly Hayward
    6 years ago

Well said Hellon. I was initially concerned by all the rumours rushing around but actually as Hellon and Jane said there are lots of people who have dual accounts and dont have this sort of hassle when they reveal thier hidden identies. If anything I think it was a very brave apology poem and I think we should show him the warmth and support that we are known for on this site. It isnt easy putting our hearts into our poems and then putting those poems out there for people to read and for many I think it is a life line. I believe that a poem that comes from the heart touches the heart and he has laid bare his heart out there to us. Lets be the nice human beings that we are and treat him as we would like to be treated should we ever make a misjudgement or mistake. Milly x

• Michael replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

Hi all,

Well this is a disturbing piece of writing, and clearly there is something sad in all this. However these situations do need all the support of the members and support moderators with any suspicious poets for whatever reason.

Its about working together to ensure the safety of the PnQ site. Everyone has a right to express their emotions in regard to this, and that's why the moderators should be given any information to help the case to sort any untoward issues.

I have been a member for two years and its only recently I have experienced this. I am not sure why this is occurring, but it can be upsetting to members who may have had contact with theses people. But the more evidence and information, the better and quicker this can be worked through

The internet can be a dangerous place anywhere on any site, so we must as a society do all we can to minimise any problematic issues

Much love
    Michael :)

• Em
    6 years ago

I can completely understand some people have 2 accounts but those people haven't deceived anyone or if they have then I missed something. The thing that riled me so much is that this person was pretending to be someone they were not and that was not on especially as they pretended to be a young girl instead of a man and what worries me more is that there are people out there that do this kind of thing with ulterior motives and it scares me... Yes it wouldn't be completely his/her problem is they did end up meeting this person thinking it was a young girl not man you see where I am going with this?

Personally though he/she shouldn't have had to write an apology if they weren't being deceptive and as I say they could so easily slip through the net and yes we could all be someone we aren't here and that worries me then again I'm guessing the same could be said for me :/

If I said anything out of line I do apologise. Just glad of the sites monitoring

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Okaaayyyy

I feel kinda responsible for this thread as it was my stupid poem that started it.
    I didn't expect it to turn into a monster and this monster rumbles on.

I was really annoyed when I wrote it (I can be very quick to flash) and it was written in about the time it takes to smoke a cigarette.

Next morning I thought is the sky really falling down or is it just an acorn. How many times have I screwed up and made a bad error of judgement.?

The moderators have dealt with the situation in a way that I think is both considerate and sensible. I imagine it was a group decision.

I'm not the kind of person to carry a grudge and I agree he deserves a chance. I have actually messaged the guy. I bear him no I'll will or malice and I do hope he manages to sort himself out.

Think on this! All he had to do was delete his profile and join another site. He did not. He chose to stay and face everyone's fury. My own included.

That says something to me.

So to this end I draw my line under this aspect of things.

However the situation has raised some important questions and discussions about our online safety.

Ultimately it is our own responsibility. The moderators are there if we have a problem and it's up to us to report it. They can't be expected to pick up on everything and sit there watching PnQ land continuously. They are volunteers and they do a fantastic job (one that I wouldn't).

So yes it's up to us and I think we just need to be a bit more savvy about things.

Respect all

Craig

• Michael replied to CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Craig

I feel it was worth having this thread, so members did have their opinion and perspectives on something we all hope isn't now repeated. I respect what you have just written and I am happy to add to your line and draw this to a conclusion of learning from what has bee the last few days.

We are a good society who have a love and passion for poetry, like-mindedness and fun. We all must at times be vigilant to exposure and exploitation, and keep the safty of all members of this damn brilliant website of PnQ

I rest my case and peace and love to all.

Michael X :)

• Milly Hayward
    6 years ago

Well said. A line thickly drawn.
    This is a unique wonderful free site with many gifted poets almost all of whom give a proportion of their time to read write and comment on the poetry published here.

The moderators work tirelessly behind the scenes making this all possible and looking out for us all. We face each problem full on as it crops up, learn from mistakes, debate on them and then move on because despite the odd blip we are all drawn here because of our love of poetry. Milly x

• CJ Maleney replied to Michael
    6 years ago

It's an amazing society dude and I've been immersed in it from the day my friend told me I should join.

Regards

Craig

• CJ Maleney replied to Milly Hayward
    6 years ago

I totally agree Milly.

Now can you all stop writing about this and get back to what you all do best.

Write bloody amazing poems.

Respect

Craig out...

• Em
    6 years ago

________________ line drawn

• hazel replied to Em
    6 years ago

guys I'm confused....

so this is about a richard person?

my first thought was "is ddavidd the perpetrator in all this?"
    but now I see a richard and then another question is frank ddavidd under a new account as they seem to have the same profile picture, at least it resembles ddavidds porfile picture from what i remember. ps sorry for spellos im typing sideways and too lazy to go back and edit right now

• hazel
    6 years ago

ps I am writing under thisaccount cause i cant log int my old one for some reason the dancing rivers one where all my work is and its driving me insane

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Hazel, forget the above story, it's all done and dusted and isn't too serious.
    As for ddavid, I believe 'Frank' is him - he certainly has the same talent with words. However, don't hold me to that.

How are you, anyway, and how's the little one?

• hazel replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

I'm all good thanks, just trying to make a way to earn an income as a freelance writer as that is my only option at this point, trying to gain experience in different freelance writing avenues to build up a nice portfolio and writing an auto-biography trying to get it up and running but it's a struggle when you can't get the words out as you wish because it brings up so much emotion and also I don't always have time to proof-read and edit my work so looking for someone who would do that voluntarily you know? As for my princess she is growing up way too fast and I am enjoying every precious moment, she has two teeth and is starting to realize that she is able to move around on her belly so that's keeping me busy. how are you?

• Ben Pickard

Great stuff, Hazel; good to hear you're being kept busy and great to hear the little one's well. You sound like an ambitious girl, and that's no bad thing. Keep trooping on and I'm sure you'll reach your goals eventually.

• hazel replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

absolutely, ambition only takes you to the top. the plan is to create the biggest freelance networking company in the world, a space that is easily accessible, for the clients as well as the writers.

• CJ Maleney replied to hazel

Wow! If you are gonna have dreams make em bloody big ones.

I wish you every success in this endeavour.

Craig