Probably annoying questions, but...

• E. J. Iverson
    6 years ago

Hey guys,
    I haven't really been on here in 5-ish months and I have a few questions... I skimmed the forums looking for answers, but didn't get very far as the font is quite small on my phone and I can't figure out how to fix it...

1. I have 2 messages up by my name lit up red saying that they haven't been read even though I've tried getting ride of them. Is there a trick to that or is it just where things are right now with all the changes? I don't mean that in a rude or annoying way, I just have some ocd issues and thought to see if it'll be something that I just need to get over.

2. Are the options to join a club going to come back? I get if they were they taken away in hopes of getting the forums rolling and making it feel like a more inclusive community, but I'm curious.

3. I noticed that when we reply to comments on our own poems, it adds to the total count of things. Is that permanent? Years ago it wasn't really a thing to respond to comments, but when the site switched to the new format I noticed that people (everyone who's work I read) started doing that, so I was a sheep and did too, but it shows up in the count and that's odd to me.

Anyway, it's great to see all of the new poets on here! Pnq is looking pretty active.
    Much love,
    Ezrah

• silvershoes replied to E. J. Iverson
    6 years ago

1. That was an issue for me too when the site changed, but it's since resolved itself. I'm not sure why it hasn't resolved yet on your account.

2. Clubs were put on the back-burner by Janis, the site administrator, and he has disappeared again. We don't know when members will be able to join clubs again.

3. It is a little bit annoying how comments on our own poems add to the total count. I think it was an honest mistake made by Janis or just something he had not thought about... when he returns, we'll ask about it.

Best,
    Jane

• E. J. Iverson replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

Thanks for the response, Jane. I appreciate it. (:

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help. Maybe one of the other mods will chime in soon.

• hiraeth
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Is the messages that are "unread" messages from the site?

Also regarding the comment total, I'm sure it wasn't intentional, the site code is most likely just counting the total of all comments that are posted, as opposed to total of all comments - the poet's comments.

• E. J. Iverson replied to hiraeth
    6 years ago

Jane, just knowing those answers does help. It's good to know that it's a wait on Janis' part and not a straight up never again for clubs.

Mark, yeah they are site messages. Most of the site messages are lit up when I open up messages in general, but it shows only a (2) in red beside my name at the top. It makes sense that it's the coding for the comments, thanks. (: