Dear P and Q Community

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Maple here.... I want to tell all of you, thank you

As you all are aware, I have had my eldest child struggle gravely this past year.

Drugs, alcohol abuse, street violence, ect. Ect....2 months ago she was incarcerated and it was revealed that she has stage 4 breast cancer. She is 26 years old.

I went to ks this weekend, to help get things in order...good news, she's 2 months clean and sober...bad news..

Her prognosis is grim.

She is currently in the hospital, emergency surgery, chemotherapy, ect...ect...

I have received an overflowing amount of love and support from this Community...thank you and I love you all

She's off the streets, now she's fighting another battle.

Robyn wanted me to say thank you to all of you for your help in keeping my spirits up, so that I can be strong for her...

Each and every one of you are precious

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Maple, no words other than my thoughts are with her and you as you already know. You also know you can contact me whenever.

Love always to you,

Ben

• ddavidd replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

We all love you Andrea. Robyn is your blood and like you knows how to fight a fight, has it in her gene.
    Lots of hugs

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Andrea this is devastating. The absolute horror of what you're both going through is heartbreaking
    You're in my thoughts
    Kitty xx

• mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Ms. Andrea, it breaks my heart that a sickness has followed your daughter. I sincerely pray for her recovery from it and for strength to you and your family.

I pray that the love of God will be upon your hearts as it is the most powerful weapon against the evils that chain your daughter. May God protect her and heal her wholly.

Sending you love.

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Andrea, my prayers and strength are with you all. She's got the strength to fight this and she has a mama who has never given up. Hugs, hugs, hugs....

• Em
    6 years ago

Andrea no words I say could ever come close but please take my thoughts and what little strength I have

Love to you and Robyn

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Andrea,
    You have more strength than most people I have ever known. You have my love, my admiration and my spiritual support. I hope your daughter is able to use your strength to overcome this battle and survive and even to heal in other ways.
    Larry

• nouriguess replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Much love for you & your daughter, Andrea.

• Milly Hayward
    6 years ago

Andrea, our love and prayers are with you and Robyn at this difficult time. Hope that things improve. Milly and family x

• Michael
    6 years ago

Andrea :)

I send you and your family warming and thoughts of love, and hope with all that there is to hope with all will come good

Bless you lady in this tough time

Much love as always

Michael :) xx

• Britt
    6 years ago

Oh Andrea.

I wish I had words that could help soothe your soul. I am praying for the miraculous. But, mighty prayers and love to you and sweet Bird and your hearts. Praying that you would all be bound in peace and love and unity and healing.

Love you so.

• hiraeth
    6 years ago

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Andrea.

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Dear Andrea

Not a man of many words I'll simply say love and hugs.

Craig x

• Maple Tree

Thank you, all of you

My Bird has agreed to hospice. She is getting a small studio apartment next to the cancer treatment center. I wanted to bring her to New York, but she opted to stay in KS.

I want to share with you a quote from Robyn that was mentioned during our meeting with the oncologist..

"I lived in hell on the streets, cancer is giving me the opportunity to make peace with the people I love, I don't worry about losing my hair, I'm beautiful no matter what"

My child is a brave soul.... I'm proud to be her Momma!

Robyn has asked me to share her wishes...she wants people to be more compassionate and understanding with people who suffer from mental illness, drug addiction and so on...she stated, we have hearts and we know how to love, we are just lost, help us find our way.

"I lived in hell on the streets, cancer is giving me the opportunity to make peace with the people I love, I don't worry about losing my hair, I'm beautiful no matter what"

She really is Andrea, she is your daughter.

• CJ Maleney replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

She sounds like an amazing soul. I'm so glad hers and yours seem to be aligning again.

Tell her, non of us here have judged many of us have had our own addictions or issues to deal with so we kinda get it.

We all pray she recovers and that she and you have a long happy life.

Robins were made to fly (yes I'm aware of the spelling).

I hope she does once more.

Dips ones head.

Craig

• Brenda
    6 years ago

I totally agree, she really is your girl. None of us have room to judge anyone. We all have our share of stuff. She strikes me as a girl on a mission and a fighter. I'm really sending you all my love and strength and healthy vibes. Big, big hugs!

• Ya----Na
    6 years ago

Andrea, we all praying for your daughter's good health.
    we know that she will never give up because she is your daughter.
    You are her strength and she is yours.

• Meena Krish

"I lived in hell on the streets, cancer is giving me the opportunity to make peace with the people I love,
    I don't worry about losing my hair, I'm beautiful no matter what"

^^Beautifully said. This simple truth has touched my heart...((hugs)) and prayers to you
    and your daughter...take care...

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Hug her, hold her and tell her we all hope many more of that is in her future.

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Hugs to all of you...Birdy is doing the chemotherapy today....she's a trooper

• Poet on the Piano

Crying while reading this... She is indeed a brave soul and I send her and you all my love.

What an incredible human being. I hope her wishes do spread far and wide that we have more compassion and understanding.
    Big hugs from all of us <3

• Nicko
    6 years ago

Andrea my thoughts are with you, i hope your daughter pulls through

Nicko xxx

• PETER EDWARDS
    6 years ago

Andrea, I wish you and your daughter all the best, and will pray for her full recovery.
    Peter x

• Liz
    6 years ago

Thinking of you and hoping for the best for your family, Andrea. <3

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Robyn chemotherapy is a hard hitting dosage, she is starting to lose her hair and is handling it greatly,she's teaching me a great deal of patience...being her Momma I tend to want to hover...she has an incredible amount of strength.. I'm so proud of her

• Em replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Andrea. Robyn gets her strength from you.

Stay blessed. <3

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Go ahead and hover, that's what magical hummingbirds do

In the most tearful times of a soul, you can see the most magnificent rainbows.
    To this, I offer these humble drops of tears, whether of joy or sadness.

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Andrea, love to you both. Hover away Mama Bird, Robyn will appreciate it.

• ddavidd

Lean on US dear Andrea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEXQkrllGbA

I am just saying, I know you are strong!!

• Yakori bint Muhammed
    6 years ago

Hearty love, light and peace to Robyn and an enveloping sea of strength to you. She's a strong and blessed soul and will pull off beautifully.
    May the showers of Gods favours, mercies and light stream in your hearts and soul through this encapsulating period.
    Loving thoughts and prayers to you both!

• Maple Tree replied to ddavidd
    6 years ago

Thank you Mr Swan, hugs you

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Thank you everyone, Robyn is down in bed today, not doing well at all....if she doesn't perk up soon, the Dr may want to hospitalize her again.

she's staying at my parents house, their dog Franny refuses to leave her bedside..
    they had to move Franny's food bowl and dog bed in the spare room next to Robyn. Animals are magical.

Loving you, loving Robyn, loving that dog. My heart melted.
    Hug you back

• silvershoes

I have spent time thinking about you and Robyn every day since I found out, Andrea. I've never spoken to Robyn, but I love her mom, and since she is an extension of you, I love her too. Her character seems to be shining through her struggle. She is a brave and strong young woman.

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Thank you Jane....she is magical, she truly is....folks it's spreading really fast.... Robyn is focusing on making peace with herself and others.... and I'm... well...
    writing and crying.

Bird is such a lovely inspiration

• nouriguess
    6 years ago

:(

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Awww Andrea, I'm gutted...I'm so very sorry...