Thanks so much Jane for your lovely introduction! I'm absolutely thrilled to be PoF and to be part of this awesome PnQ community :-)
OK ... here we go ...
Real name: Lia Davies
Meaning behind your PnQ name: Kitty Cat Lady: I own and run a boarding cattery, so my life revolves around cats ... it just seemed like an obvious pen name =^.^=
Birth place: Hampshire, England
Languages spoken: Just English I'm afraid, although I was pretty good at French in school and still understand the basics
When you discovered PnQ and why you joined: I've been aware of PnQ for a long time because my very good friend and father of my son is Mr Darcy. He's been writing poetry for the entire twenty-something years I've known him! So when my personal life took a nose-dive and I was inspired to write poetry about it, this was the obvious place for me to come and share it ... and I'm so glad I did!
Favorite poet(s): Whilst I'm a prolific reader, I have never sought out poetry to read. The only poetry I read is on PnQ and I have many favourites. I felt so welcomed when I joined and I have been moved by so many poets' work here, all for different reasons ... I have a few top faves, and you know who you are :-) x
Book you are currently reading: 'Love and other near death experiences' by Mil Millington. This is my third read of this book ... it is just the funniest read ever! I read lots of non-important fiction as well other more interesting stuff such as 'The subtle art of not giving a f**k' ... very interesting if you get the chance to have a look at it. But books are ingrained into my childhood and life and sometimes I'm grateful for my sleeping issues, because without them, I might not have done all the reading that I have!
Song you last listened to: I'm sure I should choose something really cool here, but actually, my favourite song right now is 'Friends' by Justin Beiber! So not cool, but it's the last song I listened to, and it makes me sing and dance about ... music is VERY important to me and I have a good range of tastes, but my biggest love is 80s music, because that's the soundtrack to my youth I guess :-)
Inspirations for writing: Well, after a long long time of deep, self-exploration, I decided to part from my husband this summer. There were so many feelings and emotions floating about, and the words just flowed! I also write a lot about my son because due to serious medical issues from birth, he's had a very difficult childhood ... and he is my world!
5 truths about yourself: this is hard!
1. I've been a vegetarian for 33 years now. I was appalled as an 11 year old to discover about animal cruelty so I made the decision then. It might have been just a phase, but my father forbid me to be a vegetarian, and I have a tendency to do the exact opposite of something if I'm told I can't ... lol ... so it stuck and now I can't imagine ever eating meat again!
2. I'm rarely seen without a very large mug of tea in my hand ... I drink lots and lots of the stuff!
3. I'm a very direct person and my motto in life is: "say what you mean and mean what you say" ... I'm not completely tactless, but wherever possible I'm honest.
4. Due to an accident when I was a child, I am really quite deaf. I wear tiny but very powerful hearing aids and I mostly cope just fine. As well as being more observational because of this, I'm also a pretty good lip reader, which has come in very handy at times over the years ;-)
5. I can't sleep on planes ... not even when I travelled to Australia and back by myself!