When a poem is nominated???

• Hellon
    6 years ago

When your poem is nominated doesn't it tell you on the actual poem (without going to the nomination list) who nominated it. I've just had a quick look at the nomination list and can see that Nana has nominated my poem "Real News" (thanks Nana) but it is not showing up on the actual poem although on all the other nominations I'm able to see who nominated them. Another gliche perhaps?

• CJ Maleney replied to Hellon
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

You can't actually see if it's been nominated until you go into the nominations list. It's not a glitch as such simply the way it is

If it's something you would like to see then you could raise it in the suggestions thread, although I imagine it may be difficult to implement.

Regards

Craig

• Hellon replied to CJ Maleney

I'm pretty sure I've been able to view a nomination on my actual poem without going into the noms list...I can see (on your poem) that Kitty has nominated one of yours just by viewing the actual poem...

• mossgirl19
    6 years ago

I think if it's your poem that message will not be shown. Only on other's poems.

• Hellon replied to mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Really?? Everyone else can see who nominated my poem except me??? Well...I sometimes don't visit the nominations thread so, I would have no knowledge if a poem of mine had been nominated or not unless it was mentioned on the winners page so...I apologize if this has happened and anyone feels that I'm ungrateful...I always though it would show on the actual poem if it had been nominated and by whom...another suggestion for Janis perhaps???

• Abed replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

You have a point. I think Janis should add it to the changes.

• Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago

Well, as long as the advertisements get through, that's the main thing, eh?

• Hellon replied to Abed
    6 years ago

omg...Abed...look at you!! All grown up and terribly dashing...:)

• Jamie
    6 years ago

Speaking of nominations, what are the qualifications for a person to nominate a poem?

• Hellon replied to Jamie
    6 years ago

Well I think you have to be a senior member...which you are already and have been on several of your previous accounts. One way to get to this status is to have 10 (I believe) comments praised. On the old system you had to give a reason why you thought a comment was praiseworthy now, I've discovered that you just press the praise button and voila the comment seems to be 'accepted'...I'm not too happy with this mods BTW...

• Jamie replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

Oh I knew that hellon. But It seems like if you have a blue "F" by your name as well, you can nominate. Which to be honest I don't understand at all and I am not happy with that. If someone cannot comment properly they shouldn't be able to nominate imo.

• Hellon replied to Jamie
    6 years ago

I'm not sure about that Jamie but...I think it used to be if you made a certain amount of comments (not sure of the amount) but that did include a one word comment like Wow...you gained nominator status...looking for a mod now to confirm this or give us an update it there's a new method in place???

• Abed replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

*blushing* thanks

6 years ago

If I look at my own stuff it doesn't show up like that. Perhaps it's because I log in via mobile phone but not sure

All it shows is the poem and any comments

• CJ Maleney replied to Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago

:-)

6 years ago

As far as I'm aware mod's have to read and approve praised comments

Regards

Craig

• Larry Chamberlin

Your assessment is correct, Hellon, that only others can see who nominated your poem (or even that it has been nominated) unless you visit the nominations page. The Original purpose was that Janis changed nominations so that only one person could nominate so he put the notice on poems to let others know it was already nominated. Since the member cannot nominate his/her own poem I guess he did not bother writing the code for it to show up to you.
    I will add the request for it to show up when you view your own poem for Janis whenever he returns.

As for praised comments, you no longer have to explain your decision to praise. We had Janis eliminate that step as unnecessary. A mod still must review the comment and accept it, though.

EDIT: the request has been added to Janis' to do list

6 years ago

I've had a poem gain a win and I wasn't aware it was even nominated.

Was like a little out of season shock Christmas present. Only problem was by that point I didn't know who nominated it so couldn't say thank you in person

Craig

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Can I just add, when I nominate a poem from whatever genre and it gets a win or even an honorable mention. It fills me full of smiles.

That's why I love this site. We are all so different and yet over thousands and thousands of miles we somehow connect in a way the majority of the world will never truly understand

Regards all

Craig

• Hellon replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Thanks for the update Larry. Like Craig, sometimes I don't look in the nominations list and therefore miss who actually nominated my poem so, I'm glad you have put it on the to-do list. I'm also wondering if it's still only senior members who have access to this list like it used to be? If so, regular members would have no way of knowing if their poem had been nominated unless it got a mention on the weekly thread.

• hiraeth replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

That too can be put on the to-do list, an automatic message sent to the person when their poem is nominated so they know :)

• Hellon replied to hiraeth
    6 years ago

Sounds like a good idea Mark. Maybe include a brief explanation about the weekly contest and where the results are posted so that new members are informed. Not all newbies venture onto the main boards when they first join the site.

• naaz replied to hiraeth
    6 years ago

Any scope for audio comments or Changes in font?

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

We can add an explanation of the contest to the introductory material, too. Still needs Janis to Edit the prose.

Good idea, Hellon.