Thank you, Mark

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

Hi PnQ.

I'm here to sorrowfully relay that Mark, whom you may know as hiraeth, or previously senyru, has decided to quit the mod squad. He has been an integral part of the team these past few years, guiding us through technicalities and technological obstacles, and always maintaining a calm and fair demeanor both on the forums and in our moderator conversations. In a word, Mark has been stalwart, as much or more than any other mod I've had the honor of working with :)
    He'll still be around the site, but no longer as a mod. Please take a moment to thank Mark for all that he's done for us, visibly and behind the scenes.

Mark, thank you for your valuable service to PnQ. It's been a great pleasure working with you. You'll be severely missed, especially in our ongoing FB mod chat. Hugs to you, and good luck in all future endeavors <3

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Mark, you have been a gentleman and a scholar and a world-class computer geek when we needed it. I understand your need to be able to prioritise your life and respect that you are decisive in your actions. you will always be held in the highest esteem by myself and the other mods.

• Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago

Well done Mark for giving so much of yourself to this site. You are an inspiration to many of us - not just as a person, but as a poet.

Is this like Superman giving up his powers? If so, don't get into any bar fights!

Good luck, Mark.

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Thank you Mark for everything you have done for P&Q and all the dedication for all the behind the scenes. I really appreciate you!

• Hellon
    6 years ago

Thanks for all the time you have given to P&Q. I'm sorry to see you go but understand that life gets in the way sometimes. Good luck for your future Mark and, once again, thank you.

• naaz
    6 years ago

Mark, brother, it's not easy to take such responsibility upon our shoulders, but you did it so well and without making us feel uncomfortable.

Thank you so much for sharing your time with us. For not only listening to our problems but providing us the solutions too.

All the best!

• Hellon
    6 years ago

So...now that there are only two super mods and two not so super + one admin member who had been AWOL for 8 months left on board, what's the deal? Britt and Mel were never replaced and now we have a third non super mod who has left...do you have a plan in place guys? If so...I want to know what it is....of course :)

• Darren
    6 years ago

I would guess that there has already been discussions behind the scenes regarding this. Names of active members who show the necessary attributes and attitude to step up to the mod squad. Maybe they are waiting for these members to get back to them.
    Just a side note to this. Any site wide pm’s sent out do not show up on my account as an unread message. It’s only if another member messages me i then discover these. ‘The Saturday nomination glitch’ being the most recent example. Does anybody else have this minor issue.

Finally I would like to personally thank Mark. When I was last judging and upset a few people with my comments, Mark was right behind me. Always approachable and happy to help. Thanks again.

• Sunshine
    6 years ago

Mark I do not wish this thread to sound like a farewell lol but you are an awesome member, apart from being 1 of my favorite poets, I admire how helpful and giving you are. Hope when you take a break you get back to the mods circle, you are of great help. If it wasn't for you, I'd still not have a copy of all my poems today. Thank you for making this site a better place.

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Mark, the truth is, you have carried out your role as moderator in a way that quite frankly belies your age. You have been calm, sensible, always ready to help and seem to have the answers to bloody everything. You truly are a natural moderator. So thank you for the time you have given this site. Aside from any of that, you are an extremely gifted wordsmith and as long as you are writing, you are a valuable addition to this place - mod or not.

Take care

• Meena Krish
    6 years ago

Thank you Mark for your valuable time and all the hard work you did
    behind the scenes...appreciate it very much and you will be surly missed...
    take care ~

• hiraeth
    6 years ago

Thank you all, it was great to serve as a moderator for you guys.

I still intend to be active on p&q, so this isn't a goodbye :)

• Poet on the Piano replied to hiraeth
    6 years ago

Mark, you rock! Thank you for all you've done and I've learned a lot from you as a fellow mod. You have a brilliant mind and I'm happy that you'll still be active on PnQ and hopefully share even more poetry. You've given and continue to give so much to this community.

Glad that this isn't a goodbye goodbye in that sense :)

• Ya----Na
    6 years ago

Thanks Mark and good to know that you still be in touch with us.

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Thank you Mark, you are a bright and talented guy and u thank you for all you have done for us.... hugs you

• Em (marmite)
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Sad to see you've hung up your mods boots but pleased you're still around Mark, thank you for doing all you've done for the site. Above and beyond like all mods.
    Take care x

In reply to Darren I also have that glitch with those messages

• Mark
    6 years ago

Thankyou Mark for all you've done at this site!