Replacement

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

I didn't want to label this thread, "new mod," and get everyone riled up over nothing :) There is no new mod yet, but we are quickly working on a replacement. Thank you for your patience. Expect an exciting announcement in the next couple days!

• silvershoes
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

*bump* Hey guys, please don't turn the thread I created to thank Mark into a discussion about this topic. It's why I created this thread immediately after the thank you thread. Let's make sure that thread remains about HIM and how great he is ;P

• Hellon replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

So...do we look for white smoke from the mod chimney to confirm that we have a replacement or what???

How is this new mod going to be chosen? I mean...there are now only 4 of you so...really you are in the minority and should you be choosing a replacement just on what the 4 of you think? 2 of you are active and 2 not so active...

EDIT

on the other thread Darren has already blamed that little 'gliche' in the system as to why he has not yet receive his pm from the mods...yeah..that gliche hates me too :)

• Ben Pickard replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

I can tell you who it isn't...

• Darren replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

Thanks for that Hellon

I was trying to word it in such a way so that it didn't read that way.

Obviously failed in that respect. :-)

• Hellon replied to Darren
    6 years ago

You've just got to spit it out man...you're either quoted or your not...yeah...has your invite arrived from Harry & Megs BTW...

• Darren replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

no, I have been checking.
    Probably too bumpkin to attend a royal function.

• Lost One replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Had to smirk when I read this...

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Darren,
    It’s possible Trump stole your invite (he’s admitted not getting one himself).

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Hellon
    6 years ago

We look for maturity, judgment, ability to see both sides - and great cooking!

• Darren replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Probably right Larry, add that to the pile of things he has stolen recently,
    Such as American pride, hope for the future.

As for the mod requirements.....
    Er.... I can cook..

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

But can you cook GREAT?

What are your signature dishes?

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

All of the mods are active even if they don’t post on the forums. We discuss mod matters as a team every day, and often times throughout the day. Sometimes a mod is absent for a handful of days at a time (usually me it seems), but typically, we’re all around.

When a mod steps down of their own accord, they can put a name or a couple of names forward for their replacement. 5 of us have made a decision (a consensus), and before anyone gets upset preemptively, I genuinely think everyone on the site will be satisfied with our choice :)

• Darren replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

My signature dishes are Chilli, or quiche. I have just mastered slow cooking pork ribs in a Jamaican BBQ sauce.

Plus I have long kicked the Bagels into touch...

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Darren
    6 years ago

Intriguing!

How are you at baking chocolate chip cookies?

• Larry Chamberlin replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

White smoke wafts from the Moderator chimney

• silvershoes replied to Darren
    6 years ago

Made my first ever quiche last fall using vegetables grown in my garden bed. It turned out pretty well, though I made too much of it and was bored with it after having it for my 3rd breakfast in a row.

Chili and slow cooked pork ribs in a Jamaican bbq sauce... mm now we're talking!