Poet of the Fortnight #18: Em (Apr 20 - May 4, 2018)

• silvershoes
    6 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Em (marmite) has been randomly selected as our 18th Poet of the Fortnight (PotF)! Em is a 29-year-old woman living in the UK, who most recently joined PnQ in February 2018 (edit: she's been on PnQ with various accounts since 2005!). In that short time -- just over 2 months -- Em has left 279 comments on others' poetry and submitted 43 poems. She's active and engaging, and we love having her on PnQ.
    Please welcome Em to her own special thread, and be sure to read her latest poem posted just below (a love haiku, right?):

----
    Love train

Trains speed down the track
    as my heart did meeting you
    one way seat in love
    ----

Em, please fill out this public survey when you find time. You can pass any question/prompt in this thread, just write "Pass." I will ask 10 questions total throughout the next 2 weeks, and members of the community are encouraged to participate by asking questions of their own. Here's the survey:

Meaning behind your PnQ name:
    Birth place:
    Languages spoken:
    When you discovered PnQ and why you joined:
    Favorite poet(s):
    Book you are currently reading:
    Song you last listened to:
    Inspirations for writing:
    5 truths about yourself:

• Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago

Em, my dear. This is your chance to bask in the sun for a while. I am looking forward to keeping an eye on this thread.

I know you have a list of questions to warm up with, but here are a few from me:

1. Do you have any siblings?

2. which electronic device (what is the make and model) do you treasure most?

3. what's your favourite flavour ice cream

4. Is there a country that you would like to visit for the first time and why?

5. Do you like to cook - if so, what is it?

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Lovely Em! Great to see you have your own thread :-) You were so welcoming to me when I joined PnQ last summer and I'm looking forward to finding out more about you here :-) x

I'll start with an easy one (NOT!) lol ...
    1. what do you consider to your best and your worst trait?
    2. Do you work and if so, do you enjoy it or is it a means to an end?

xx
    =^.^=

• Em (marmite) replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

Jane thank you so much for the most wonderful welcome ever, bless you.
    Meaning behind your PnQ name: of course Em is the shortened version of my name but marmite came about as I was called it a lot in high school as in you either hate or love me also my current partner loves marmite and I cannot stand it so it's an bit of banter between us.
    Birth place: Warrington, UK
    Languages spoken: English although I took French and Spanish in high school but those went straight over my head lol
    When you discovered PnQ and why you joined: I discovered pnq when I was 15/16 and was having a terrible time with high school bullies and unfortunately suicidal thoughts and the only way I could 'vent' was writing poetry then I Google searched poetry sites and this was the first site that came up so I joined and never looked back other than when I've thrown my toys out the pram and left. Silly Em
    Favorite poet(s): I could not name any 'favourites' here but just a note those that I class as friends will know how much I love them as poets and more so as friends. I do love Shakespeare and Robert Long.
    Book you are currently reading: beneath a burning sky by Jenny Ashcroft
    Song you last listened to: Mr Brightside by the Killers it was on the radio
    Inspirations for writing: mainly just thoughts going round and round my head and my love he inspires me everyday
    5 truths about yourself: 1) I braved the shave for macmillan cancer research
    2) I walked the Leeds-Liverpool canal again for macmillan cancer research
    3) When I pregnant with my little boy (I unfortunately miscarried) I became a vegetarian as the smell of meat put me off
    4) I travel miles just to work
    5) I once bumped into a famous celebrity in Manchester City centre knocking his coffee all over his crisp, clean and might I add white shirt oooops

• Em (marmite) replied to Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Mr Dddddd thank you your fantastic questions
    1. I am the youngest of 5 children. 2 brothers though I never met him as he unfortunately passed a way a 1 month old as he was extremely poorly and 2 sisters

2. I live on my phone (not literally) but with having social anxiety it is kind of a lifeline. It's an Alcatel that's all I can tell you

3. I'm bland with ice cream and prefer vanilla though I'm waiting for someone to say "let's go try that new ice cream place out' just so I can try the strongbow dark fruits flavour they have lol

4. In all honesty I would much prefer an holiday in the UK by the sea side somewhere like Cornwall but I have also wanted to visit Poland or Holland though I'm not sure why but it'd be an experience to say the least

5. I do love to cook my favourite meal to cook is cauliflower cheese, yes, I make my own sauce too lol and I like to cook anything Italian too

• Em (marmite) replied to Kitty Cat Lady

Aww kitty thanks for a lovely welcome and it was nice to see someone with such a great artistic quality like yourself to join. Thanks for the 'easy' questions lol

1. My worst trait I'd say is not believing in myself like others do and my best trait is that no matter what I'm going through in life I always make sure others are comfortable and happy before myself and if I had a few last pennies I'd continue to do so. Also, I continue smiling even when life throws its worse at me.

2. Yes I work, I've had many jobs in a short time but right now I'm a dinner lady (stop laughing) by day... I did work as a teaching assistant at one point in the same school but it just wasn't for me as I wasn't confident enough though I still have my teaching assistant awards behind incase I happen to want to go back and by night I work in a pub so by time I've finished dinner layding and got home I can have a quick lunch, shower and change into my pub gear lol I love my day time job and I wouldn't say I dislike or completely enjoy my night time job but if another opportunity came up I'd grab it with both hands

• Mr. Darcy replied to Em (marmite)
    6 years ago

Em, I liked reading your answers. I especially liked the fact you come from a rather large family and that you are a dinner lady. I used to love my dinner lady at school - she always arranged 2nds for me!

More questions:

1. Where and what on do you write your poems?

2. When you have finished a poem, do you go back and edit it, or is is done?

3. do you have any poetry goals? This could be PnQ based goals.

4. do you have any pets - if so, tell us about them.

5. which radio station do you listen to and why?

• Michael
    6 years ago

Dear Em :)

At last you have made your way to this great thread. I must say that you are one writer that says it how it is, with your heart and emotions, and lovely to see you here. some great answers so far.

Okay-

If you became Prime Minister, what is just one thing you would change or add?

If you happen to watch any series or box sets, what are a couple? and what radio station do you listen to-if you do of course?

Much love, M :)x

6 years ago

Aww well who couldn't arrange 2nds for Mr D lol I love dinnerladying but the hat doesn't do me any justice haha

1. I have word doc on my phone via drive so they automatically save now so when I get an idea I can just write and edit whenever I can.

2. Sometimes I'll read something and think "nah I could do better" so then I edit it other times I just post it and hope for the best and if there's anything I notice later I will edit ie typos or just wording.

3. Not as of yet I just want to be a person that people know they can be come to and tell me their worries a little like the sites therapist lol and there'd be no judgment or recriminations

4. I recently purchased some sea monkeys. There's nothing much I can say about them as they eat algae, swim and that's about it.

5. It depends what mood I'm in really.. If I'm in a dancing mood I'll listen to heart and if I just want to relax I'll listen to bbc2 or smooth fm

Thanks once again for your questions

• Em (marmite) replied to Michael
    6 years ago

Aww thanks Michael what wonderful things to say

1) If I was prime minister I'd stop the development of more fast food restaurants so there was less temptation for us sugar/fatty food addicts lol but firstly I'd have to develop a shelter type place for those homeless veterans mainly but all the homeless people really so they would have somewhere warm to lay their heads on the proviso they didn't do drugs/drink and if they did they'd go on a programme to help they overcome their addiction

I don't really watch much TV though I'm a corrie addict *hangs head in shame* and I like peaky blinders. Radio station I covered with Mr D

Thanks for your questions Michael

6 years ago

Em for prime minister!

1. if you could play an instrument, what would it be and what piece of music would you play.

2. Are there any sports you are interested/ have participated in?

3. if you could be a man for the day, who would you be and what would you do?

4. what was the last film you watched at the cinema?

5. what was the very first film you watched at the cinema?

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Em, marvellous answers!

1. What five places would you most want to visit?

2. If you might have lived in another time and place where & when would it have been?

3. If you had Janis at your mercy, what would you first make him do to change PnQ?

6 years ago

Lol thanks Mr D.
    1. I'd have to go for the electric key board and play the beautiful blue danabu (I think that's how it's spelt)

2. At school I used to love playing hockey, tennis and netball then overtime I put on more and more weight (which I've thankfully lost now) so I gave up but I ride my bike everyday to my daytime job and back now which is miles away to keep myself ticking over lol my favourite sport is rugby league to watch though

3. Hmmm what an interesting question and one I couldn't answer quite as honestly as I'd like if you get my meaning so I'll say either Donald Trump just to see what exactly goes through his mind at times lol

4. The last film I watched at the cinema was the remake of beauty and the beast

5. I can't honestly remember what film I watched first in the cinema but I remember I was about 7 so many many moons ago haha

Thanks again for your interesting questions

• Em (marmite) replied to Larry Chamberlin

Thank you Larry for your questions

1. This is pretty hard in all honesty but I'd love to visit Iceland, Poland, Holland, Vietnam and Hollywood

2. I would have loved to live in Stratford upon Avon when Shakespeare was around just to see him first hand and be able to get a better knowledge of his sonnets and help first hand because I personally think he's a God haha and though I reckon he'd have worked me hard, I'd have got a better understanding well just to generally be able to say "I knew him" would be grand

3. Oooh interesting question Larry.. I'd want him to allow us to put our own fonts, background images and the likes on our poems so people can feel more about the pieces we write than just the words if that makes sense and also for him to allow us to do shape poetry properly say if we're doing a shape poem we can write exactly what it is ie a shark and hey presto our words will turn into said shark. That'd be swell

6 years ago

Thanks Em. Today is sunny and everyone seems to be either on their bikes or playing games, like tennis. badminton...

I liked your answer about getting Janis back to perform. Imagine, the ability to throw and idea, like unrequited love into a pot, and hey presto -an award winning sonnet.

More questions:

1. Have you ever ridden a horse/ would you like to?

2. Do you have green fingers?

3. Before you became a vegetarian, what was your favourite meat dish?

4. if you were told you had 6 months to live - draft a 10 point priority list of the things would you do,

5. what is your favourite girls/ boys name.

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Great answers Em! And yay to vegetarians and dinner ladies! ... as you can see by Mr D's answers, you'll be long remembered by those kids!

I hear you Re Stratford upon Avon ... my son and I are planning a weekend there this summer to do the Shakespeare tours. Can't wait. And it's such a beautiful place!

Best and worst haircut? Xx
    =^.^=

6 years ago

Indeed Mr D indeed.

1. I've never ridden nor do I intend on riding a horse.. I screamed blue murder once in Blackpool to ride a donkey as it was 'the done thing whilst there' then I screamed blue murder to get off put me off them for life haha

2. The last time I looked my fingers were peachy haha nope I don't though I'd love to plant some vegetable plants in my yard but it's just too dinky to do so

3. I only lasted a few months being vegetarian oops I missed steak and chicken too much. My ultimate favourite meaty dish would have to be a mixed grill but I cannot eat lamb

4. 1) right all my wrongs
    2) tell each and every person I loved that I loved them
    3) pay for my own funeral so no one would have to worry about it
    4) write letters to Thomas (the baby I miscarried) for every birthday and Christmas just to say how much he means to me I know that probably sounds daft but I've done it since the time I lost him especially as I'd like to think I'd see him again
    5) get a ticket to anywhere in the world just to have that last bit of 'alone' time
    6) continue working
    7) keep smiling and living life to the fullest
    8) play pranks on people not nasty ones but one's they'll remember and laugh about
    9) spend as much time as I could with the ones I love and make them know just how much they've helped me in life
    10) hope that I've helped atleast one person in some way thought not necessarily in this order hehe

5. I've always loved the name Marie (after the female cat in aristocrats lol I'm sad I know) and ofcourse Thomas though Emma is pretty much up there too *cackles*

Thanks once again for your questions x

• Em (marmite) replied to Kitty Cat Lady

Thanks kitty :)

My worst haircut is when I cut it myself around aged 6 possibly 7 when I'd begged my mum to let me have it cut but she wouldn't as I'd kept telling her I wanted it to grow so I sneaked off when she was making tea with the scissors and snip snip snip leaving a trail might I add to think about it now we laugh but she was far from amused when she turned around to find a trail of hair leading to me lol
    My best I have to say one of which I'm proudest of is when I braved the shave and lost all my locks which were down to my bum as I raised just short of £1k for macmillan and donated my locks too :)

6 years ago

Hi Em, so you're a good old fashion meat eater after all. I must admit there is something of a rare steak that brings the alpha male in me - growl
    As for horses, I share your fear of them. However, I love the idea of riding a horse. Perhaps if they could breed one with handlebars I would take to it?
    Pranks - leave 'em laughing - that's the way :P

More questions:

1. how much sleep to do you usually get - do you often nap during the day?

2. Do you drink or/and smoke - if so what?

3. do you have any dolls/ teddies from your childhood. If so, names and descriptions, please.

4. Can you drive - would you want to drive? If so, what car?

5. do you have any tattoos?

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Yay Em!! Your own thread! I am so happy for you-I have loved your answers. I did not know you were the youngest of 5 or you were a dinner lady. I would also like to add that you are one of the sweetest people I have met. You have always written how you feel and given all of us wonderful comments and support. Now, on to my questions.
    1. Is there any type of poetry you haven't tried to write and would like to?
    2. What things do you have on your bucket list?
    3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
    4. If you won the lottery what would you do first and what would you do with all the rest of it?
    5. Do you drink coffee or tea? Do you put anything in it?

6 years ago

Oh yes I love nothing more than meat although give me sausages and lamb and I'll leave those on the plate
    Ooh maybe an handlebarred horse could come in handy though I'm still not so sure I'd take to it and I doubt you would either if you're as scared of them as I am but it's worth a shot lol

1. My sleeping is terrible.. Some weeks I can live off say 4 hours and other weeks I could do with around 13 hours though I'd be happy with 8 hours a night. I actually had to take a nap Saturday as I couldn't sleep Friday night.

2. I don't smoke though I tried when I was younger but the taste made me gag. I drink occasionally and it has to be Malibu and diet coke or fruity ciders rekorderlig strawberry and lime is my favourite
    3. I have a Teddy named smudge who is dear to me even though given to me in horrific circumstances (I'll not go into details) but he's a huge say 12in by 8in dog Teddy White all over apart form a patch on his body, his tail and a patch over (like someone has smudged it) his left eye

4. I tried driving lessons years ago but ended up in a crash with a white van man and decided it wasn't for me though recently I reapplied and was notified I wouldn't be able to because of the problems I have with my vision and the probability that I'll go blind in the next 5 years unless I get a shunt

5. I don't have any tattoos I'm too much of a wimp when it comes to needles

Thanks once again for your questions

• Em (marmite) replied to Brenda
    6 years ago

Aww thanks so much B, my American mum bless ya xx

1. I would love to try a sonnet and I did many years ago but the metre was always so out lol

2. Hot air balloon ride, bungee jump, flying from a plane but unfortunately my medical history doesn't allow me to do any of them maybe I'll just rock climb lol

3. Drivers on phones and litter louts

4. I would buy a desert island just for me haha seriously I'd buy my mum and dad a bungalow (they've always wanted one) which has a granny flat for my brother as he still lives at home with them and I don't think he'll be moving out anytime soon. The rest well it can't buy happiness so I'd give it to a few charities close to my heart iih UK (idiopathic intracranial hypertension I suffer) and cancer research and save a little for me to go on a nice holiday and take my family with me too.

5. I used to be a sole drinker of tea with the occasional coffee now it's the opposite way around and I can't function without a coffee in the morning... No it isn't an old wife's tale the struggle is real lol

Thanks for your questions B. Love ya xx

• Liz
    6 years ago

Hi, Em!!! Happy you finally have your own thread lol

My favorite question to ask: If you had to live with only ONE of your senses, which would it be and why?

• Mr. Darcy
    6 years ago

Litter louts, grrr
    Coffee breath. Now that can be appealing, especially if, like me, you like your coffee. Mmm

Questions:

1. I'm reading the Revenant at the moment. If you had to trek across a wilderness, what items would you pack and why?

2. Can you swim? Who taught you?

3. Can you draw/paint/take a good photo?

4. Do you like to wear dresses, or do you choose trousers?

5. What was the last party you attended. Did anything memorable happen?

• Em (marmite) replied to Liz
    5 years ago

I would definitely sacrifice all my senses apart from taste... Why you ask? Because I love food lol

5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Oooh Mr D you have the same growl as me about litter louts it seems lol yes indeed I will have coffee breath most times well apart from morning breath of course not that you needed to know about that haha

1) hmm hard one but all I could think about was a book just so I could have some reading material when I got tired from trekking.. Although maybe I'd have to take a box of matches just to light a fire because I'm always cold and as sad as it sounds I'm also terrified of the dark oh and maybe a knife of some kind just for protection

2. I am not a strong swimmer as I'm terrified of drowning but I taught what I know myself

3. I can draw mainly stick people, flowers and hearts lol but I have to say even if I do say so myself that I can take a good photo

4. I've always worn trousers because I absolutely hate the way my legs look so I steer clear from dresses although I'm told I have wonderful legs... I think they're looking at the wrong person haha

5. With social anxiety I stay away from parties although I've been invited to a school reunion in July my answer I don't think so anyway I think the last party I attended was my best friends 21st (8 years ago) and the only thing that was memorable was me being humiliated and leaving early which is another reason I stay away.

Thanks yet again for your questions

• Michael replied to Em (marmite)
    5 years ago

Hi Em :)

some great answers to some of the great questions asked.

Okay just one more from me:

If you could fly or live beneath water, which would you choose?

M:)xx

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Em,
    I can relate to social anxiety. I went to my 10 year reunion & was disappointed. However, my 35th reunion (the only other one I attended) all was different & I was Glad I went. Planning to attend my 50th this summer.

1) what do you think of Brexit?

2) what is your bike?

3) all time favorite pets?

• silvershoes

“I do love to cook my favourite meal to cook is cauliflower cheese, yes, I make my own sauce too lol and I like to cook anything Italian too”

I’m going to need that recipe stat.

“I just want to be a person that people know they can be come to and tell me their worries a little like the sites therapist lol and there'd be no judgment or recriminations”

That is beautiful. Maybe you should join me and become a social worker. Most of what it takes is being a good listener and caring about others without judgment. (Yes, I’m still learning)

“If I was prime minister I'd stop the development of more fast food restaurants so there was less temptation for us sugar/fatty food addicts lol but firstly I'd have to develop a shelter type place for those homeless veterans mainly but all the homeless people really so they would have somewhere warm to lay their heads on the proviso they didn't do drugs/drink and if they did they'd go on a programme to help they overcome their addiction”

Yep. You should definitely become a social worker. These are all things that social workers fight for :)

Love that you bike to and from work. Good idea. I need to bike more.

“I'll say either Donald Trump just to see what exactly goes through his mind at times lol”

That made me laugh out loud. That’s never occurred to me before, but heck, I’d love to know what goes on in that guy’s head too.

“I've never ridden nor do I intend on riding a horse.. I screamed blue murder once in Blackpool to ride a donkey as it was 'the done thing whilst there' then I screamed blue murder to get off put me off them for life haha”

Haha! Well I can honestly say that donkeys are naughty brats and if that is your experience with riding, I don’t blame you for not wanting to get back in the saddle. I love horses. Grew up riding bareback. I was galloping on trails on my ex-race horse at age 6 or 7. The wilder the horse, the better! Fun.

“I’d love to plant some vegetable plants in my yard but it's just too dinky to do so”

How about potting some herbs? That’s how I started when I had just a deck/patio.

“write letters to Thomas (the baby I miscarried) for every birthday and Christmas just to say how much he means to me I know that probably sounds daft but I've done it since the time I lost him especially as I'd like to think I'd see him again”

Not daft in any way. Touching. I can imagine that this sort of loss sticks with you for a lifetime. I am sorry you lost Thomas. Your list for Mr. Darcy about what you would do with 6 months to live made me tear up. People with your depth of selflessness are few and far between, Em.

“the problems I have with my vision and the probability that I'll go blind in the next 5 years unless I get a shunt”

Oh my gosh - what is wrong with your vision? Please get a shunt!

“I can't function without a coffee in the morning”

I can relate.

“I've always worn trousers because I absolutely hate the way my legs look so I steer clear from dresses although I'm told I have wonderful legs”

Hey, if people say it, I bet it’s true. But you should wear what you are comfortable in :) Have you tried maxi skirts or dresses? That’s what I prefer.

Question time.

Question #1: What are three things you have done that you are most proud of?

Question #2: What do you believe in? What do you not believe in? Answer however you like.

Question #3: If you could transform into any animal at any time, what animal?

• Meena Krish replied to silvershoes
    5 years ago

Hey Em, nice to read your answers for it gives a deeper insight. Now here are mine and if
    they are repeated...sorry!

1) What inspires you to write poetry? Is there a trigger like music, a moment
    etc or do you just write on the spot?

2) Does writing come very easy for you as in do you take time to figure out how
    to word the sentences or do they come through naturally?

3) Have you ever had a mental block and no matter how hard you tried you can't
    write anything? If so how did you get over it?

4) If you had one wish...what would it be?

• Em (marmite) replied to Michael
    5 years ago

Flying would always win as I'm not a strong swimmer and petrified of drowning
    Thanks Michael

• Em (marmite) replied to Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Aww I'm sorry you can relate to the social anxiety but I'm glad you gave it another try and will be doing again, yaaay you!!

1) In all honesty I steer clear of politics because I'm useless with it

2) a muddy fox phoneix

3) I have had a few family dogs which all hold a place in my heart. Tessa a black lab, Smudge a Jack Russell and Kimi a mini jack Russell although I haven't had any dogs of my own as I'm not allowed them on my tenancy agreement

• Em (marmite) replied to silvershoes
    5 years ago

Jane firstly I'd like to thank you for reading my answers so fluently and replying to the ones that stand out. I'd love to be a social worker in all honesty but I just don't think I have the knack, hats of to you though.

Question #1: Braved the shave, walked the whole length of the local leeds-liverpool canal and finally overcome a domestically violent relationship some may wonder why I'm proud of doing so but I think it speaks for itself.

Question #2: I believe in fairies I do I do I do haha just kidding... I don't believe in much although people say I'm pretty gullible and I am starting to believe in myself a bit more. I always used to question God and afterlife but now I'm not so sure.. I'd like to think we have both and so often recently I've been proven right.

Question #3: oh I'd love to be a bird like an owl watching all the night life etc and sitting pretty too

• Em (marmite)
    5 years ago

1) Anything can trigger me to write maybe a sad song or day, a love song or seeing my love, a beautiful piece of music or a beautiful day, sometimes even overthinking and how it relates me back to the past or future.

2) Somedays writing comes easily where it just carries on and on and on until I think "yep that's done now" then other days I think of say 1/2 lines possibly a stanza and I'm stuck for the next month or so finishing it off

3) I've had many mental blocks quite recently my love brought me out of it and it's a cute little story I was staying over at his and he'd got up to get changed out of his work stuff as we'd been snuggled up so tapped my shoulder and realised I was asleep as I hadn't budged so he tried to move me, my head on his chest, still with no joy then he whispers in my ear "I love you" and though sleeping I whispered back "I love you too" and when I woke up the next morning on the sofa, blanket pulled over me, I remembered and thought I'd been dreaming the whole time until I realised where I was lol

4) it would most certainly be to stop everyone's suffering which would include poverty, racism etc etc

• Meena Krish replied to Em (marmite)
    5 years ago

Ahh..I like how your mental blocks are undone. Sometimes love's words
    just does it. Sounds like your trigger comes in all forms somewhat like me...
    enjoyed reading your responses and yes my wish would be that too...to stop the
    suffering in this world...take care :)

• Mr. Darcy
    5 years ago

To be an owl would be cool. Not only for there beauty, but their power and grace. I would want to experience the hunt, seeing the prey, sensing in on its heartbeat. Then, I would swoop silently, through the moonlit sky, down to an innocent dormouse. Oh yes, I would enjoy tearing its flesh apart with my beak - or maybe, I would just swallow it whole? Yum!

Sorry, I drifted off there...

Questions:

1. If you could transplant your brain into an eternal android shell, would you?

2. Being a dinner lady, you must see lots of misbehaving. With than in mind, would you like to have a food fight -if so, what 5 famous people would you throw a custard pie at and why? Also, if you could throw food at me, what food would that be and why?

3. I used to love climbing trees when I was a child. Did you share this passion? If so, can your recall an particular tree/ occasion?

4. So, you go out on a walk through a wood. You can bring back 5 items - describe these items without mentioning the item's name.

5. It is a windy day today. Have you ever flown a kite?

What a wonderful way to look at it Mr D

1. Hmm I'd think about it if it was fully functioning, something my brain doesn't usually haha

2. Oh yes lots of raving and misbehaving quite literally (the gloss) interesting question... 1) Simon Cowell just to see his reaction, I'd probably get the golden buzzer I reckon. 2) John Travolta why hmm I'm not too sure maybe it's something about him being covered in custard pie, do I get to lick it up? Oops did I say that? 3) Jeremy Clarkson just simply because he gets on my nerves and he's receive a few more that just 1 too annoying human being!! 4) woopie Goldberg and 5) Sarah Millican because I reckon they'd either start an all out custard pie war or in Sarahs case say "why did you throw cake, I prefer cake to custard pie"
    If I coups throw food at you I simply wouldn't just pass the opportunity by it'd have to be something a little messy because I could imagine you laughing and saying "now you've done it...." or "just you wait" I'd say tomatoes they're softer than eggs haha

3. Yes I used to love climbing trees and still sometimes I do with my nieces and nephews as they still even to this day say "I bet you can't climb this tree Auntie Em" my reply "want to bet" usually it's in the woods where I like to walk and I remember the very first time I did it around ages 6-7 and my mums heart was in her mouth as I fell what seemed like a few hundred feet to her watching and me falling and she rushed me to a+e as I'd banged my head on the stump when I landed, I did have a little concussion but it didn't put me off.

4. 1) Long, tickly with something you can hold to that's fallen from the sky and of many colours 2) something hard and of different sizes and colours though generally grey or brown in colour. 3) a dark, shiny usually brown hard circular shaped thing of which falls from a tree and can be used to play one if my favourite childhood games. I'll try and come back for the other 2 as words fail me to describe them

5. I have tried and failed :( I feel I'm missing out here

• Liz
    5 years ago

LOL you're the only one who has ever answered taste to that question!! I love it hahaha

If you could design your own house to be built, what are some features it would have? Big, small, tall, simple, etc.

Have you ever held a snake?
    Would you rather go bungie jumping, parasailing, or sky diving? Lol

• Em (marmite) replied to Liz
    5 years ago

Hehe well I just had to be different didn't I?!?

My house would be simple with wooden beams, a real fireplace, open plan with a spiral staircase and a balcony.. I wouldn't ask for much in all honesty, it would also be small but big enough for guests if that makes sense I'd also love a stair case like in beauty and the beast where it separates and goes off in 2 ways.

I have never held a snake and never will even the word makes me quiver brrrr

I would definitely prefer to go skydiving I've always wanted to do it since I was a little girl but medical conditions don't allow it :(

Thanks for your questions

• Mr. Darcy
    5 years ago

Hi Em, so you want a simple house, with a sweeping staircase that splits at the top. Sounds grand like a palace fit for you.

Questions:

1. Your top 5 films

2. Your top children's programmes of your youth.

3. What is a typical day in the life if Em look like. I want to hear about ablutions, meals, work and bedtime routine - clean details please, there maybe children reading this! Lol

4. What do you like to listen to music on?

5. If you could invent a new flavour of crisps, what would it be?