Today (4th June, 2018) is... Hug Your Cat Day

• Mr. Darcy
    5 years ago

Did any of you guys know that it is...

Hug Your Cat Day, today?

I thought it might be an idea to write a cat inspired poem/ comment, in acknowledgement of these wonderful pets/ After all, they give so much, like fleas, open scratch wounds! lol Seriously, whose blood pressure doesn't settle with one of these cuties on your lap? Isn't their purr, just hypnotic?

If you love them or hate them, comment below:

• Aegis
    5 years ago

Well felines aren't usually the subject matter in my writes, but my friends call me Meow cuz I'm a pretty cool cat^_^ I'm probably the biggest cat fanatic alive that doesn't actually own a cat!! But damn do I love the furry little monsters lol

• Mr. Darcy replied to Aegis
    5 years ago

I like your nickname, Meow.
    I have 3 cats at home, so regard myself as lucky.
    Cat 1. Libby. short haired, black female.
    Cat 2. Fudge. Long haired ginger male.
    Cat 3. Toffee. Long haired ginger male.

• Maple Tree
    5 years ago

I love cats so much!!!
    I had three cats,

Pixie, Pixel, and Sammy

However, I had to move recently and the place I live at now does not allow animals, so they have new homes... Breaks my heart.

• Mr. Darcy replied to Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Ah, that's too bad. Do you have visiting rights?

Libby (cat 1) was befriending a previous neighbour, who it transpired, was feeding her cream. When we moved to the coast, we felt, as she was much happier with our neighbour. When we moved, a week later, our neighbour phoned us up, saying Libby had been crying day and night for us. She's been back with us for 3 years now and only occasionally gets cream. Lol

• Em (marmite)
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

I am more of a dog person.... Oops please don't shoot me!!! But love going to my aunts where she has 4 cats Elvis, Sidney, Rufus and Mather (excuse the spelling lol) they're purrrring is so soothing unless it's 3am and they want food hahaha!!!

• Everlasting
    5 years ago

I love cats! They are smart. Too smart, that one learnt to knock doors without being taught to. They always surprise me. Each one ,just like us or (dogs or animals) has their own personalities.

• silvershoes
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

I have my boys whom I consider my sons: Rudyard (Rudy) and Beauregard (Bowie). I can never bring myself to leave out Milo, who died a couple of years ago. He’s alive in my heart so I like to think I have 3 cats even if I don’t usually say so aloud.
    Rudy: Flamepoint Siamese/Ragdoll mix. Fluffy white with orange tips and blue eyes and freckles on his nose from the sun. He weighs just over 15 lb. and is fit as a fiddle, so he’s a naturally big boy. How heavy he is makes my arms tired, but I’ll still hold him until they tremble if he’ll let me. He is very smart and handsome with high self-esteem. His 6th birthday was in April. He got a new collar and a kitty cake of meat, cheese, and catnip.

Bowie: Shorthaired orange tabby with matching orange eyes, weighing in at 12lb. Huge cuddle bug. Kind of a pansy. Definitely still a baby at heart even though he’ll be 2 in June (this month). June is one of his nicknames. He heals my heart with kitty cuddles whenever I need it.

Milo: Shorthaired orange tabby with tiger stripes and green-golden eyes. The sweetest, funniest boy who ever lived with the courage of a lion and a heart of gold. A mama’s boy through and through. Weighed in at only 7 lb. as a full grown cat, making him like a permanent kitten. He was sickly, but had a fire in him that gave him a zest for every moment of being alive. Just an all around special little creature who I am so lucky to have loved and been loved by <3

I love all animals, but I love cats most. The bonds I have with my furry boys make me whole.

• Kitty Cat Lady
    5 years ago

Yay to cats! I hugged my Millie and she was absolutely appalled! She likes to follow me about and be in the same room as me, but isn't a cuddly lap cat. But I love her so! Here's one of my cat poems from last year ...

You had me at ...

Your utter charm seduces me
    Yet your heart is made of stone
    You're only here for what you can get
    But you want to call this home

First you want in, then you want out
    You change your mind like the wind
    I can't keep up with your demands
    My love I should rescind

I always do your bidding
    But you treat me like your staff
    Then soothe away my worries
    I bet you're having a right laugh

If I ever dare try change you
    You lash out and show me who's boss
    You're clever and you're stealthy
    I'm out of pocket and at a loss

Surely we should be partners
    I gave you my home and my bed
    I wish I could tell for just a second
    What on earth's going on in your head

You have no respect for my boundaries
    Not a care for what's wrong or right
    You spend the whole day sleeping
    Then party all through the night

And yet I just can't ditch you
    My heart just won't allow
    For you and I both know the truth
    You had me at meow.

=^.^=

• Darren
    5 years ago

we lost our cat 2 years ago at the ripe old age of 17. She was a proper madam and we were definitely her servants.
    Because my children have only ever known a cat in the house I made the decision last year to get another one.
    (in actual fact my youngest daughter talked me into it)

We found a father and son pair (2yrs and 1yr old) on a cat rescue site.
    These boys are a complete pain in the arse.
    They wake us up purring in our faces at 5am (if we are lucky)
    They scratch everything, climb up everything.
    They need constant attention which verges onto dog-like

however all this being said my kids love them.