Forgotten poems

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    5 years ago

Do you go back to reread your own old poetry and go "where the heck did that talent go"? No? I guess I'm just really rusty haven't written much in years and that's my fault just wanted to say hi to everyone!

• Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

Hello from me.
    As to the question, not really sure it applies to me as I write the whole time. I've literally got bits of paper coming out of my ears.

• Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

Hello, again! I hope you have inspiration to write more and for me as a poet, I don't think about talent-wise, more so what I was going through emotionally since I write to process that. I don't usually go through older poems but sometimes I'll come across them if I'm organizing files on my computer and I'll momentarily forget they even existed. Sometimes my mindset would be totally different and it also shows me how I've grown or in what ways I was trying to work through something emotionally. It can be kind of uncomfortable yet eye-opening because I feel better in touch with my emotions and realize "wow, I really thought and felt like that."

• Nee replied to -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    5 years ago

Yep, that's me. I try but I hate my new attempts and I just miss that old me who wrote almost on a daily basis.

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo- replied to Nee
    5 years ago

I knoooowwwww it sucks! It makes me want to cry sometimes but things change *sighs* but maybe one day we can go back to push our past selves even further :)

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo- replied to Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

I totally agree on the last part I do go wow I can't remember that pain or emotions anymore but I'm glad I created something beautiful out of something dark <3 but I think we all change our styles in different times and maybe one day we can go back and maybe understand that style once again :?

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo- replied to Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

I'm the same but mine are stories and if I don't write them down I can't remember them but I do enjoy watching them in my mind kind of like my own personal theater you know? O.o if that sounds weird I appologize profoundly

• CJ Maleney
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Hiya

I don't really read my own stuff, I guess it's kind of like venting for me in some ways. Once written it's gone.

I suppose I'm a little like Ben but not any where nearly good, I too have loads of half completed or ideas waiting.

Regards

Craig

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo- replied to CJ Maleney
    5 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

• Sunshine replied to Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

I'm with MA on this, sometimes I get a poem from "memory of the day" thingy, as I do not usually share my poems anywhere else, but for the few which I had posted on social media, it makes me think of the phases I went through and how my emotions and thoughts developed with time. I think reading your old work is really psychology awkward in a good way, it feels kind of a self-confrontation. To be frank, I know I don't write all the time, I actually write best when I'm sad, so I do not know how I feel about the poems I consider "well-expressed"..if you know what I mean.