Haiku Contest finalists - JUDGE PLEASE

• Ben Pickard
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

I have been unable to separate these two excellent haiku. Michael's wonderful orange imagery, in keeping with the fox or Brenda's touching tribute to my favorite animal which got me thinking that perhaps the world would be a calmer place if it was more dominantly led by 'matriarchs' , but also, the terrible things we do to these beautiful, 'tranquil' souls...men being the usual perpetrators. Anyway...

Please vote by sending me a pm. I will award one point per vote and voting closes on Sunday. Thanks all.

Fox

urban predators
    upon sunset boulevard
    gingerly hunting

For the love of an elephant (Haiku)

Matriarchal led
    only mammal that can't jump
    caring, tranquil souls...

• Ben Pickard
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

AND THE WINNER...

BRENDA, who snatches victory from Michael's jaws with a 5:3 win! Both of them could have won in my view, as could any of the entries.

Well done, Brenda - post tomorrow if you wish and it will receive my nomination for the weekly. Pm me for the second part of your fantastic prize: a comment on any two poems you would like me to go over!

Thanks everyone for taking part and thank you to those who voted.

• Mr. Darcy
    5 years ago

Congratulations, Brenda on your deserved win.
    Bad luck old bean (Michael) you came a close second.
    Thanks, Ben for running this contest. It was fun to see all the different Haikus.

• Brenda
    5 years ago

Awww thank you so much! So many wonderful writes. Michael, yours was too notch! Ben, thank you for having this fun contest. It got me out of a slump I've been having. I appreciate you all! Hugs-

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Nice contest, Ben.
    Really excellent poems!
    Congrats Brenda and good work Michael as well.

• Michael
    5 years ago

Hi all :)

Firstly thank you Ben for threading this nice little competition :)

Miss Brenda, the mighty elephant blows his trumpet! haha Congratulations on a lovely Haiku winner, well deserved lady :)

Thank to everyone for your votes, putting my little ginger friend in the top two :)

… and well done all poets for brilliant haiku's

Michael :)x

• Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

Sweet contest, congrats everyone!! Thanks to Ben for hosting :)

• Ya----Na
    5 years ago

Brenda and Michael happy for you both and other poems were good too. Other than Brenda's poem, my favorites were orangutan and spider. Ben Thanks for bringing all of us one step closer to the nature.

• Milly Hayward replied to Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

Congratulations Brenda on your win and to Michael for a close second. Huge thanks to Ben for organising this. (its not easy). Its been a really enjoyable competition. Best wishes Milly x