Best concert you've ever been to?

• Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

Hey, everyone!

I’ve gone out of state before and spent hundreds of dollars to see my favorite band live. However, a few weekends ago I got to see British rock and roll band The Struts at a local bar that was literally across the street from where I work. I had only found out about them in the past month so I only knew their hit songs and choruses, but that didn’t matter. They connected with the audience, involved us in every song and the main singer kind of flirted with the crowd and yelled how he wanted to turn this place into a dance club lol. Think a mix of Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger and glam rock. It was fabulous and I was hoarse afterwards but danced all the way home (while driving yes... I think I've perfected it).

What has been your most memorable concert? Crowd? Or times you can’t remember because it was THAT wild? ;)

• Maple Tree
    5 years ago

I have been to so many concerts in my day..... Its hard to choose one....

I am going to choose two- Both of them were THAT memorable.

AC/DC- back in the 80's Who made Who concert
    I danced and shook my butt so hard I ripped my jeans LOL

Pink Floyd - 1988

When the giant paper mache' pig flew over the crowd It caught me off guard and the concert was in a football stadium
    I fell down a flight of stairs and was cheered on by the crowd around me because I managed to not spill my beer completely! ha ha ha ha ha
    (yes I was 18 and was not legal to drink, but I was) confession!

• Hannah Lizette
    5 years ago

I've only been to 4 concerts, will be 5 next year.
    First concert: Three Days Grace, Staind and Soil
    Second: Molly Hatchet (they came to a local festival)
    Third: Brantley Gilbert
    Fourth: Journey and Asia

My next concert will be P!nk. She's probably my all time favorite, I'm excited.

As far as the best I've been to...I have to say it was Journey. No, it wasn't Steve Perry but the guy who took his place does amazing.

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Eric Clapton, New Orleans City Park, 1972. So extraordinary I wrote about it

Bob Dylan, Rolling Thunder Review, The Warehouse, New Orleans, 1975

The Rolling Stones, Bridges to Babylon Tour, Houston, 1998 (third row center from the front)

Fleetwood Mac, The Warehouse, New Orleans, 1975

• Hellon
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Best concert without a doubt...Michael Jackson...he was just BRILLIANT!!!!

Stevie Wonder & Elton John were definitely value for money with no supporting act...Elton even stayed on stage to sign autographs.

Should really give Neil Young a bit of a shout, he was my hero back in the day after all, and his concert was pretty good :) I'll never forget his support (Lou Reed) being so stoned he fell off his stool and me being sober enough to notice haha!!!

Most disappointing...Wings.

• Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Fleetwood Mac the Dance tour 1990--- excellent!

REO Speed wagon 2016 i think, omg they were awesome!

Marshall Tucker band rocked my socks off

now the most disappointing for me was the beach boys back in 1988.....

• Milly Hayward

I went to a Gary Numan concert at the Guildford Civic hall one Winter years ago and realised very quickly that there was nowhere to put our coats. Not liking the idea of lugging around our heavy coats all night and discovering that my two friends desperately wanted to buy Gary Numan T'shirts I asked them to hold off buying them for a minute whilst I cheekily asked the girl selling them "If we buy two t'shirt's will you look after our coats for the night?" and surprisingly she said yes.

We had a great evening dancing away and then at the end of the night when I went to thank her and collect the coats I found out that she was Gary Numan's sister. So we had a long old chat about his life and hobbies, she really was a lovely person. So a most memorable night. My friends couldn't believe that I not only got our coats taken care of but I also got to talk to of all people Gary Numan's sister.

• Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

Love reading all these responses! It would have been so cool to see Fleetwood Mac with you, Andrea :)

I grew up with my mom singing Karen Carpenter songs to me and she told me she went to many of her concerts. Sometimes I wish I was born before 1995 lol. We have a growing recording company in our city that has up-and-coming artists showcased where you can enter to win tickets. I won once and it was neat, a very small acoustic setting with alternative artists that I haven't heard a lot about. I think that's what I'm into lately, looking at more smaller bands or those who haven't had tons of hits yet.

• Lost One
    5 years ago

Rascal flats! What beats being surrounded by tipsy cowgirls?

; )

• Darren
    5 years ago

I have a best concert I've never been to.

Way, way back in the day somebody purchased for me some Radiohead concert tickets. Now I liked the song 'creep' which was released at this time, yet the album Pablo Honey was crap IMO.
    So as grateful as I was, I didn't bother going. I thought they wouldn't amount to anything, just a one hit wonder.
    To be fair the person who purchased the tickets for me, couldn't be bothered to go either so we went to the pub instead.

• CJ Maleney
    5 years ago

Iron Maiden whiteley bay ice rink 1989 I think.

My mate had a spare ticket. I wasn't really into metal but figured what the hell it was cheap enough.

I finished work at my apprenticeship and boarded a coach. Everyone was in leather and denim. I was in a shirt and trousers.

By the time I got off that coach . Had some blokes spare t shirt and a pair of jeans that belonged to a girl. (Thankfully I was a skinny bugger back then)

As for the concert. It was the seventh tour of the seventh tour promoting the album a seventh son of a seventh son.

It was mind blowing. It turned me into a total rock child. Although I still love various types of music I think I'll always be a rock child at heart.

And for a first band experience I think I did rather well.

I won't embarrass myself by saying what I was dragged to last. (And I mean dragged)

• CJ Maleney replied to Darren
    5 years ago

Now that is so cool.

• CJ Maleney replied to Hannah Lizette

Three days Grace are brill.

Not seen em live and probs never will but still brill. My boy and his ex girlfriend introduced me to them.

• CJ Maleney replied to Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

So envious. You actually seen the Mac. I only discovered em when I was 17. My first album was tango in the night.

Craig

• CJ Maleney replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

Hallelujah

I'm not the only person to think wings suck. The grief I get for this opinion is unbelievable.

• CJ Maleney

Oh if you get a chance go see the levellers.

I took my lad to see em when he was 9. He bounced in the pit like a veteran. Apparently they have good and bad gigs now.

I suppose they ain't spring chickens anymore though. Mind you neither is jagger and people still go to see the stones most admitting he couldn't sing for toffee.

• CJ Maleney replied to Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Not a big fan of ACDC but do like some of their stuff. I imagine they would be amazing live