Best Birthday Present.

• Hellon
    5 years ago

What was yours?

I have a birthday coming up soon and I normally spend it overseas catching up with family & friends who live overseas or in different states. Bali is the norm and that's where we will be heading tomorrow. My daughter has just taken up a new teaching post and will not be able to join us this year so we had a catch up today instead. She gave me the most beautiful pendant..rose gold (plated of course) and inside the glass there is the initials of each of my grandchildren (all six of them) a very unusual gift I thing...it will be totally unique to everyone, of course, and...I absolutely love it :) :)

So...as I asked....what was yours???

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Hellon
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Cool present!

My favorite present was back in the ‘70s when we lived in New Orleans.
    Mardi Gras fell on my birthday one year and when we were riding the St Charles streetcar to the parade that morning my wife led all the passengers singing Happy Birthday to me,

• Hellon replied to Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

I've always wanted to visit New Orleans...I'm sure I'd love the Mardi Gras and all the colour that goes with it. Occasionally my birthday with fall on Melbourne Cup Day (not this year though) and that always makes it a little extra special so I know what you mean :)

• Sunshine
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

THAT'S WHY YOU ARE HEADING TO BALI!

I should have been nosy and asked! Happiest Birthday in advance. What a lovely gift!

I can't say best.. I get excited about anything wrapped ! Even a potato. I really appreciated gifts!

BUT, on my recent Birthday back in May.. my big brother customised a huge note book. He made a beautiful cover which holds my name and the title of my "Bring me the sunset in a cup" poem. He wrote a very sweet note and said I'm now committed to finish writing a book! and other sweet words.

It was very special and very motivating. Very unexpected, he is his 30's and not really much into poetry. For him to reach out for my profile, read and pick a poem and do this. It meant the world for me.

EDIT:

Sharing a photo:

https://ibb.co/c75nNf

• Hellon replied to Sunshine
    5 years ago

Thank you Nana :) I think, when there is some thought put into a gift it makes it extra special...

• Sunshine replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

Very true!

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Sunshine
    5 years ago

That notebook is fantastic! What a cool brother. Now you must properly thank him by finishing that book.