Hello

• D.
    5 years ago

Hi everyone.
    I used to post here years ago, as Valedico, and I stupidly deleted my account. Nostalgia has brought me back!
    I’m going to start posting again. :) I hope you’re all well.

• silvershoes replied to D.
    5 years ago

Of course I remember you! Loved your poetry when I first joined this site and for many years afterward. Excited to see how your style has changed/grown after the long hiatus. Welcome back.

• Hellon
    5 years ago

Hi Danny.....waves :)

• D. replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

Ah you remember my name :) hi hellon!

• D. replied to silvershoes
    5 years ago

Thank you! I remember you. Glad you’re still here! I’m really looking forward to reading your poems again

• Hellon
    5 years ago

So...what have you been doing these past 7 years Danny? Can you share with us?

• D. replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

I was meaninglessly working in bars and cafes for a few years, then I felt I should do something with my life haha. I joined a teaching course, became an English teacher, met my current girlfriend along the way and now I work in an awesome school, providing support for Middle Eastern students! :)

My writing has kind of suffered through time but I’m really trying to get back into it. How’s everything with you? It’s nice to see a few (not so) ‘old’ faces here :D

• Hellon replied to D.
    5 years ago

There's nothing meaningless about the work you did...you meet so many people and deal with so many experiences that it has to be one of best learning curves that I know of...now you are teaching, phase to of that curve is in place :) :)

Me? Well...since we last spoke I have managed (among other things) to now have 6 grand kids on the scene....Oh my!!!! do you run a boarding school by any chance haha!!!

• D. replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

Ha, that’s true! I get paid to help people. It’s a blessing. :)

6 grandkids? That’s incredible work! I bet you’re the coolest nan though! Hahah, not a boarding school, unfortunately I only teach 16+ so get back to me in a few years :D

I bet by that time you’ll have another 6!

• ddavidd
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Welcome back
    I use to be a prince too
    Though I denounced it to be a humble servant ,
    a solder.
    I read your pieces, such good works of poetry!!

• Hellon replied to D.
    5 years ago

I bet by that time you’ll have another 6!

^^^

Bloody hope not haha!!!

Anyway..I'm heading up the coast tomorrow for a few days and I'm sure there are many more people glad to see you back so...I'll stop hogging your thread now....hope you hang around this time Danny...it's good to see you back :)

• D. replied to ddavidd
    5 years ago

Haha, a pretentious name isn’t it! It was a joke with a member on this site called Norhan (The Princess)

It makes me sound very British :/

Thanks dude. Busy day today but I can’t wait to get reading everyone’s writing

• D. replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

It’s a really nice feeling, Hellon! Hog all you like!

The feeling is completely mutual. :)

• ddavidd replied to D.
    5 years ago

Not to worry being a prince is a privilege hard to get rid of!! You born that way until you learn equality, which is a dangerous thing on its own.

• nouriguess
    5 years ago

Hey, Danny! Not sure if you remember me. My name's Noura. I am a teacher too, a chemistry teacher. I remember your poetry, and I'm a big fan. :) Welcome back.

• Sunshine

WELCOME BACK! Very happy to see you that you came back Danny, really do miss your work! Stick around!

• D. replied to nouriguess
    5 years ago

Of course I remember you Noura! Ahlan. :) I think we have each other on Instagram and Facebook too haha.

I recently taught two Syrian students and helped them get to university. Esraa Kteich and Ammar Amlih. :)

Good to see you’re still here!

• D. replied to Sunshine
    5 years ago

I will make like a branch and stick around this time sunshine, no worries! :) nice to see you Rania!

• Darren
    5 years ago

Welcome back

• Hellon
    5 years ago

Not going until tomorrow now so I can hog your thread some more lol!!

Do you still hear from Norhan? Also..the Queen...are you still in contact with her? I miss those two...

• D. replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

Ah, I really miss Norhan! I considered her a friend. I sent her a message but she’s not been active for almost a year. The Queen...it’s really bothering me but I don’t remember her actual name. D: terrible of me...it’s a shame! I’m sure there are many more that disappeared too right?

• Hellon replied to D.
    5 years ago

I think her name was Mirren????

• ddavidd
    5 years ago

I remember them They are fine souls.

• Maple Tree
    5 years ago

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww welcome back Danny!!!!!

• D. replied to Hellon
    5 years ago

Ah of course! Not in contact with her unfortunately :(

• D. replied to Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Thank you (again) :) you guys have really made me feel welcomed!

• nouriguess replied to D.
    5 years ago

Ahlan fik. :D
    To celebrate your return to PnQ, I suggest you start a contest.

• Poet on the Piano replied to D.
    5 years ago

DANNY! Don't mean to sound overly excited (okay but maybe I am) but so good to see you here again! That's awesome about the support you're giving Middle Eastern students and from what it sounds like, you've found a place you feel you belong through teaching.

Really glad you're back ^_^

-MA

• D. replied to nouriguess
    5 years ago

Excellent idea Noura! I really missed those contests! I shall have a little think :)

• D. replied to Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

I did not expect the excitement! It flatters me a little! So good to hear from you. :) I really have found a place, you’re right. I have so many fond memories here, so many people here are to thank for a lot of what I’ve acheived. I kept putting off coming back but yes! Here I am!

Me too. :) *waves

• Everlasting
    5 years ago

Welcome back

It feels as if it was yesterday that you stopped connecting to pnq

• D. replied to Everlasting
    5 years ago

Haha, I’d feel a lot younger if that was the case :D

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Danny,
    Seems you left just as I got active in the public forums, but all the excitement surrounding your return gives me a great feeling for you. Welcome back!

Also, I second the contest suggestion.

• D. replied to Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

I left as you became active, yes! Don’t take it as a hint ;)

Nah, I’ve said it a lot already but I really missed this place. I hope you’re doing well Larry. I’m in the process of thinking of some contest ideas, don’t worry!

• Em (marmite)
    5 years ago

Hello welcome back :)

• Koan
    5 years ago

no one remembers you or care lol bibi

• Koan

shhhh

• Hellon replied to Koan
    5 years ago

no one remembers you or care lol bibi

^^^

There's no need for rudeness here....obviously many members remember Danny and all he's contributed to this site in the past...

• D. replied to Koan

Was your account hacked by a 14 year old?

• ddavidd replied to Hellon

Hellon you know our old pal Illuminatex well to figure out that something is wrong with him now.
    We are not a herd of wild that trample or leave those who fall behind .
    We are poets for crying out loud. Show some empathy. I know you long enough to know you have tuns of it.