Update: Another Thank You to my Family at PnQ

• Maple Tree
    5 years ago

I have been postponing this thread because I have simply been in denial, however my daughter's fire within her is starting to fade. She has suffered with full blown cancer for One year and a half, no remission in site. She is incarcerated and currently in a Sate Women's Prison, due to her massive drug addiction. (3 months clean) Im going to Ks very soon to spend an all day visit with Bird, play cards with her and just be with her, due to her immune system the Prison is making special accommodations for the visit. Bird is failing in health and so the Prison needs me to sign legal documents on her behalf. No they refuse to let her out just yet. I just threw that out there because I get asked that alot. I want to say thank you to all of you for your support and caring concern for Bird and I. Special thank you to Brenda- Shes going to drive a few hours to sit with me on my long layover during the trip along with my longtime friend from this site Angie, both ladies are my best friends- love them. Special thank you to Ben, for his uplifting support for my Bird and I.... he is a precious soul. Thank you to all of you..

special note: This site has faults and issues to fix here and there, but it has THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD on here... and for that I am extremely grateful, lets all be mindful that the little things in life are not worth squabbling about..... Life is too short, live laugh and love <3

• Ben Pickard replied to Maple Tree
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

I swear, there was a tear in my eye at the end of this.
    Maple, what more needs to be said?

Love to you both.

• Maple Tree replied to Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

Love to you Ben <3

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Aye, love you, Andrea!
    Love to Robin.

• Maple Tree replied to Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

awwwwwwwww love and hugs to you Larry :-)

• Sunshine
    5 years ago

You are a very strong woman, a very strong mother, a very strong wife. I really admire the external strength you reflect, knowing how delicate and soft you are on the inside. I honestly wish I could be personally there with you. <3 You're a very unique person Andrea.

• Darren
    5 years ago

Andrea, you are in my thoughts. You have had to deal with so much these last few years. Thanks for sharing on here and not bottling it all up within yourself.

• nouriguess replied to Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Aw, Andrea. I'm so, so sorry this is happening to your family. It's really surprising how strong you are. Wish I could hug you right now. Please stay strong, and know that I'm always there for you if you ever needed to talk. Love you.

• D.
    5 years ago

Thoughts are with you, and your daughter, Andrea. Everyone loves you here, and will help you get through this if it’s needed.

• Hellon
    5 years ago

I know this is a terrible time for you and my heart goes out to you but...on a positive note (and tragic as it may sound) the doctor told you she only had a few months...'he would give her till Christmas if I remember you telling us and you replied...I'll have her till spring'...now it's next spring and she's still with you . I recall we spoke about funerals etc some time ago but...your bird does not seem quite ready for that yet Andrea so...long may she fly...

• Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago

An endless amount of hugs and love to all of you, Andrea. So beautiful that Brenda will be there and other friends. Thinking of your brave Bird, always <3

• silvershoes
    5 years ago

So much love and big bear hugs, sweet, strong Andrea, and the same for your beautiful Bird. Your post left me with tears on my face.

• abracadabra
    5 years ago

I love how this site has brought you such love, support and friendship- both online and off. You deserve it all.

• Brenda
    5 years ago

Andrea, I am so excited to be able to meet up with you! To be able to give you an actual hug in person, I just cant wait! I feel extremely blessed that I have been able to walk this Journey with you. Being a part of this amazing P&Q family is truly a huge positive in my life and I thank all of you for that. Baby bird is forever in my prayers-

• Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Hugs You Brenda- Two weeks my dear sweet friend <3

I want to thank all of you dear sweet people, hugs you!

Dear Hellon, thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Milly Hayward replied to Maple Tree
    5 years ago

Your news is heart breaking. I am so glad that Angie and Brenda are able to be with you and bird. Take care and travel safely. Really hoping and praying that they will let her go home where she belongs. Our thoughts are prayers are with you and your family. Best wishes Milly x

• Maple Tree
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Hello everyone, I would like to post an update:

The trip was long but it was a good but bittersweet trip. I had the pleasure of meeting Brenda and her Husband while on a layover in Ohio (for 12 hours ugh) as well as Angie and John from this site as well. Brenda is LOVELY, sweet, bubbly and just a beautiful person! She is a true Gem and I just adore her. Ang and John are my angels!

I got to see my family, grand babies, my youngest daughter Rita and old friends from School. but the one person I so desperately wanted to see (Robyn) - I did not get to see. She is in Prison and due to her health and due to my background check not being fully completed at that time, they denied my request for a visit. I did however get to do the necessary paper work as her health proxy and all the legal stuff involved with that. I am now officially approved and I will be flying down in May to see Bird only for two full days in a row.

Robyn and I are currently working on a collaboration (through snail mail and a special email system for inmates and their families) and very soon I shall be posting for all to read. (Again, thank you Larry for allowing Bird and I to post this very special poem)

Robyn would like to thank each and every one of you for all of your support. I try and send all I can to her from this site, she currently is reading a poetry book collection of troubled teens and adults with addiction.

Her health is as follows: No remission in site, Now on the chemotherapy pill, Heart is very enlarged and blood pressure is unstable currently, Cancer spread to all female organs (Hysterectomy completed) Shes had a mastectomy and lymph node removal last year. Shes done all of this being incarcerated and I just have to say the kid has strength of Mount Saint Hellons if you ask me... ha. She is my warrior.

She is doing an intense Drug rehabilitation program in Prison as well and is one heck of a public speaker from what her Prison Counselor tells me!

I have always said, when in darkness, there is always light- Bird has proven that 10 times over and then some <3

• Sunshine replied to Maple Tree
    4 years ago

SO much power in your words, I can sense different vibes from your original post. I cannot believe how strong both of you are. A lady her age fighting and a mother like you trying her best not to breakdown. You give each other tremendous and unbelievable support. So sweet Andrea, I am glad to hear about your trip and delighted you'll be able to meet Bird this May! Send her my yellow rays, best wishes and ultimate prayers <3

• Poet on the Piano replied to Maple Tree
    4 years ago

Dear Andrea, so happy for the update. Thank you for sharing this with us and I am glad you were able to meet up with Brenda and Angie, that warms my heart! I hate that you weren't able to see your Bird then but best wishes for May and sending you both so many hugs right now.

She is indeed a force to be reckoned with and a warrior woman, without a doubt!

All my love and support <3

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Andrea,
    So happy you connected with Brenda, Angie and John, and, of course Rita and the babies. Despite not seeing Robyn it appears you had a productive time spent doing the necessaries.
    Robyn is amazing. Apparently the world is not ready to turn loose of her just yet! Good fortune in the May visit. Looking forward to your collab with Robyn.

• Hellon

Andrea...I'm just wondering if you or Robyn have ever considered suing/or at least reporting the doctor who said way back in 2017 that Robyn may not live to see that Christmas (giving her, if my memory is correct, only 3 months to live back then)?

• Maple Tree replied to Hellon
    4 years ago

Dear Hellon-

Robyn has taken action towards her healthcare, I cant speak about it too much because its all pending, she has a new Oncologist and she has an advocate fighting for her now because she is not receiving the proper healthcare needed while in Prison, all I can say is things are leaning in her favor at this time <3 (and yes, as her mother I might have called a few people and reported to the proper people, because thats what this momma does- wink)

• Hellon replied to Maple Tree
    4 years ago

I'm glad to hear that Andrea...the reason I was asking was, a very close family member (many years ago) was diagnosed with lung cancer and told it was inoperable and gave him 5 years to live. A second doctor told him he could remove the tumor, which he did successfully and for 5 years (each year) he was given the all clear but he had it in his mind what the first doctor told him so he drank himself to death instead within that 5 years.

What I'm trying to say is the stress/anxiety caused by putting a time frame on anyone's life is something doctors really need to think about and, in my opinion, should not diagnose without seriously considering the makeup of the patient. Obviously (and thankfully) Robyn is a very strong person who, probably through yourself still has the will to live but, sadly, others still take a doctor's word as fact.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    4 years ago

Drugs should be treated as a health issue and not a criminal issue. I do wish this world were a better place for you and your bird.

I also hope that things take a drastic turn for the better. You and your daughter deserve happiness, as does everyone on this site, and I wish I could procure it for you both!

Much love,
    S

• silvershoes

I'm moved by the strength and love you have as a mother for your children, Andrea. That mom power/protectiveness radiates through the screen. I completely agree that addiction should be treated as a disease because it is... I'm relieved to read that Robyn has someone advocating for her healthcare. Is it a social worker? Attorney? Sounds like you have a great team working to fight the corrupt system for your Bird's sake.