Poetry needs no audience

• AI
    20 years ago

Hi there, a little bout myself, my name is Kai, and I’m now 19 as of today. I know my profile has always said I was 19 but I’m only a week old member here. Anyways I’ve use to really suck at poetry. I remember starting pieces of work and never finishing them. Even till today, most of my work is unfinished. Most of my literature skills lie in creative writing and short sci-fiction/fantasy based stories. This is something I’m actually pretty good at. As a writer, I am constantly trying to improve. I believe that no matter what I write, there’s always another way I can write it to make it better. On many occasions I’ve tried new methods of writing and new methods of capturing emotions but the end, I’ll end up back at my sci-fiction/fantasy stories.

Anyway with the death of my girlfriend, I went through a major period filled with emotions, and somehow I found the patience to stop and attempt poetry again. I wrote 5 poems, about my girlfriend during the period and the period after she died. I posted 2 of them on this site. And since then it something I’ve been trying to develop into a skill.

I know that poetry needs no audience, but as a story writer, that’s what I do. I write for an audience. And even thought I know most of you would disagree with me. My first reason for posting poems on this site was because I needed that audience. I feel that I don’t get complete satisfaction unless it’s read by some one else. I’m not sure about you lot, but if I did find that peace and fulfillment in my work, I’d probably would have left in a personal journal, poem book, or text document on the computer instead of posting on this site. The second reason I posted them here, is because I do want to improve, I like hearing feedback, positive or negative, this just helps me to improve myself as a writer and poet.

Sorry, I know this is long, but that’s just part of my nature I guess. lol, anyway what do you think?.

• AI
    20 years ago

Edit*: I'll be 19 as of tomorrow, lol. time zone difference is like 8.5 hours

• AI
    20 years ago

Hey Quan,
    Thanks for the input. This is the type of input i like reading. lol, anyways... and i'm not sure if i want to stop writing, this is more of a trial period for me, if it goes well ill keep it up, if not, then i'll probably stop.

• AI
    20 years ago

Hey Quan, thanks for the compliment. Just wondering, how come you don't have any poems yourself? you seem to be supportive. and on occasions know what your talking about. lol. so how come no poems, don't mean to rush you i know you only signed up yesterday, but never hurts to ask does it? well cya