One of my poems was stolen ='(

• Heathergirl
    19 years ago

Hey you should ask the guy on here if it was your poems that were switched on accident.

• Idiosyncratic
    19 years ago

That really would suck, (although it means they thought it was really good, it still SERIOUSLY would suck)

• in the realm of Chaos
    19 years ago

although ur "anger" is quite understandable, have the smug satisfaction of knowing that someone copied YOU. then try to message that basstard and tell him how you feel!!!

but thats just what i think
    INNA

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

There is a lot of legal information concerning copyright law on the internet. Among this info, you can find a model letter to send out to someone who is wrongfully using your poem. Go to Google and type "Cease and Desist Letter." Send it to the plagiarizer if his/her email is listed and also send it to the webmaster of the site. That should get their attention and hopefully stop the misuse of your work.

• David
    19 years ago

lol, I don't think federal charges would apply here, now the pinching nipple chamber! That would be more applicable.

I've had some bad luck with plagiarist too. I did what the ever wise and wonderful wizard of O suggested (thats Lydia to you commoners)
    and I managed to convince some plagiarist to take my poem down. I aso wrote the webmaster and told him about the problem and even got an email of apology telling me that the poem was delete from their site.

Here is a sample Cease and Desist Letter that can be edited to your liking. This letter was copied from : http://www.utsystem.edu/ogc/intellectualproperty/contract/cease.htm

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear [name]:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled [name of work] (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in [date], [and have registered copyright therein]. Your work entitled [name of infringing work] is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. [Give a few examples that illustrate direct copying.]

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

• Brandy Sansotta
    19 years ago

How do we know that she didnt steal the poem from someone?

• Fireflower
    19 years ago

we'll just have to take her word for it. She know's if she's lying. I'm not saying she is!! can you get the person for plagerizing??

• Brandy Sansotta
    19 years ago

she may know if shes lying but we dont so why worry about plagerizism?

• Brandy Sansotta
    19 years ago

what is the name of the stolen poem?

• Sarah Ashley
    19 years ago

This poem: http://www.best-love-poems.com/poems.php?id=221148 was stolen from a book that i have.