Who are the best love poets?

• Matthew
    18 years ago

Who are the best love poets, other than me of course!

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Two of my favs. are Kumar and Robert Gardiner, they have a large repertoire to choose from.

• Gary Jurechka
    18 years ago

I would have to go with the same poets I listed for the topic-WHO ARE THE BEST THREE POETS-so am posting that same response:
    Almost an impossible topic/question-there are just too many great poets on this site.Everyone has different opinions and likes different styles/subjects.I've always been a fan of free verse but this site has taught me to appreciate again the traditional forms and rhyming poems(though I've wrote some of both).There are some not so good poems on here, sometimes you must sift through a lot of dirt to find the diamonds, but when you do it is so wonderful, like reading a poem and saying"that's exactly how I feel" or being able to relate to something the poet is going through as you may have gone through something similiar.Though we write for many reasons, it is always warm and satisfying to touch the hearts and minds of others.I am impressed with many of the talented younger writers on this site, a new generation that shows great promise indeed.There are just so many good poets on here-impossible to choose the best, but as for my own personal favorites(and forgive me if I've left anyone out, which I'm sure to do, but you know who you are from my comments on your work), my favorites are as follows-STORMY, MEENA, MELISSA, BOB SHANK, ERELY, CHITCYN, STEVEN BEESLEY,TINY DANCER46, HOLLY ARMER, RAINBOW SLIDER, LAURA,SUNGRL, ARIA, KARLA GORDON, ARIANA, WEEPINGWOLF, SUNNY, ADEL, VIOLETRAVEN, SARAH,LAURA ANNE, T.MICHELLE SMITH, LINDA WOODEN,KIMI, SANDY,JACINTHE, KELLY KATHERINE,LOSTSOUL691,ROBERT GARDINER, LOSTMYEVERYTHING, JACKLYN, KARIN G, ASH BLEEDING BLACK ROSES, WHISPRE,IFOREVERPROMISE2,ANNE MARIE, JENNIFER BISEK, DAVID McINTOSH, JANET OWENBY,BRANDY,TIKI 74, LOVEEQUALSTEARS,BUTTERFLYBFREE,WILDCHILD,xxxJACKIExxx, NESHA,DANIA TERI,ANNE STAREYES,HEAVEN--and so many more!I have been touched by so many of these poets and their poetry, I can't say how glad I am to have made a comeback to the poetry scene(after a few years of being a recluse and shutting myself away from the poetry world) and how fortunate I was to find this site and all the fantastic poems I've read(and have been so touched/moved by) and the beautiful hearts and souls I've met.And I can't express my gratitude enough to those who have commented on my own work or contacted me.Thank You all.Again forgive me if I've left anyone out, you know who you are.

• HansRik
    18 years ago

I would like to recommend the work of Enslavement of Beauty and Robert Gardiner, both of whom have written some excellent pieces of poetry on love. I am sure many lists will be provided here giving you an idea on who the more popular love poets are. There are many others whom I would like to recommend like Steven Beesley, sweetenigma, Angelina, and many others, but they will be mentioned often. Plus, I am tired, sorry. Good luck though.

• Robert Gardiner
    18 years ago

Hans, you and Steven amongst others mentioned here are poets I have great reverence and respect for as writers and craftsmen and both of you - as well as the others fore mentioned are well versed in the genre of love. We must also recognize some of the younger writers/poets. Two come right to my mind Adam D. and Dora, but there are others young poets who also do the love genre justice.

• JJ
    18 years ago

robert, steven, bill, cyprus breeze, sunny, ann*stareyes*, natalie, dora...

• PURE HEART
    18 years ago

hmmmmm ,..i will say ADEL. his love poems are awesome. he does magic with words..and some of Kumar's too.......their work is amazing!

bharti

• Robert Gardiner
    18 years ago

^ I agree Adel is an excellent love poet, and it looks like I need to check out Kumar!!!

• Bill Turner
    18 years ago

Adel paints a masterpiece with his use of language...

• Denise Butler
    17 years ago

I have to say Timothy r writes a heck of a love poem, my favorite is "Put My Love To The Text" quite a way to write to the love of his life I think. Denise

• blueknight
    17 years ago

yeah doug is the only great love poet i know lol peace dude

• Darien
    17 years ago

- ×·.d0ra ; is the best love poet, hands down.

• Chandini
    17 years ago

Elijah writes some beautiful love poetry, I have to say. I don't know much about poetry or this site but he does write well!

• Tormented
    17 years ago

DOUG, Adel, kumar,Mr. Blueknight, Nightwriter, etc...

• Natalie
    17 years ago

- ×·.d0ra ; is the best love poet, hands down.

^^My hands are down. She rocks. =D Lol..

And... Dariens good too. Tehe.

• LadyPearl
    17 years ago

Enslavement of Beauty and Darien

• swill
    17 years ago

i used to like aashik...but the moron got banned for plagiarism...lolz..

• Chelsey
    17 years ago

Endless Rapture
    Dora
    Bill Turner

^^ Amazing!!

• Bill Turner
    17 years ago

Thank you Chelsey!

• Chelsey
    17 years ago

OMG Sunny....how are your eyes feeling? I believe I need to start writing bad poetry so I don't ruin peoples looks ahahah jk jk thank you I appreciate that!!
    On a personal note, what I love about your writing Sunny is that its different...SOmetimes I just get so sick of reading the same kind of poems and even writing the same kind of poems everyone else does, so i go and read yours whether I comment or not! You write with such,....I don't even know what the word is!! You by far could get somewhere with your writing..I'd be first in line to buy it!

• desigirl
    17 years ago

Goran was the best one, but not anymore

• freshta
    17 years ago

hahahahahaha
    desi
    ur funny............
    i think still GORAN is one of the great love poet in this site, but the i recommend that he post some more poems.

• Bhavin
    17 years ago

Anybody thought about reading my poems?
    If you are speaking about love poems.... Have u ppl ever read poems by Meena and Shobhana Kumar??? They deliver the best of ones...

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

I think Farah has some great poems.....
    and yeah I agree doug is great as well.

• Darien
    17 years ago

haha, Thanks Noni, thanks SMAWCE sister :)

• shela
    17 years ago

It must be GORAN, becasue he really write with his heart.

• Natalie
    17 years ago

haha, Thanks Noni, thanks SMAWCE sister :)

^^^HAHA! It's ok SMAWCE brother. =P

• ©romoж
    17 years ago

shadowspoet--amit---and kumar.

• Moose
    17 years ago

it really is impossible to state the 3 best love poets on the net, you would have no idea how many poets ive found that are hiding in the back of this site with such amazing poetry. Many unknown to over 4/5 of the site,

sorefromreality
    ~*Weeping Wolf*~
    C Cattaway

and especially this new dude I just found, he's got like 1000 some votes but ive never seen him before

♪↑Musicians Finest♪↑

He's got some great poetry. And of course some of those who are on my favs list

♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    JLT
    ◊•°รңคภ°•◊
    Bridgette
    «¦[ sυρєяgιяł ღ ]¦»

and

~*Who Cares?*~

I know there's a ton of great poets but these are just a few that with their poetry they hit me pretty hard . You should check them all out everyone!! You wont regret it

• Natalie
    17 years ago

HAHA. Thanks Bryce. ;)

• Darien
    17 years ago

I thought I might add another...

Tinydancer is also a great love poet.
    as well as Bill Turner

• BlueDreams
    17 years ago

Endless Rapture
    Dora
    stormy
    amit

• mrhope
    17 years ago

yeah Goran is the best.....

• Natalie
    17 years ago

I love Dora's love poems, they're great!

Darien is also really good. He always leaves me in awe! :]

• Lacey Loo Ann
    17 years ago

Me.....lol!!!

• BlueDreams
    17 years ago

should be read their poem----> Gary Jurechka also bill turner...

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

thank who ever like my poems, it mean alot and it makes me to try harder and have more passion for poetry.
    but I think if i'm not wrong BOB's aim is me when he say "very few of you have any clue what poetry is"
    If i am not wrong he meant i was not good,
    well, i always said, what I write is what my heart feels and I really appriciate if PRO's help me out to be better poet...............

• BlueDreams
    17 years ago

sound interesting!

• Mathias
    17 years ago

I would say Dan Andersson...

• BrokenREALiTy
    17 years ago

There are soooo many good love poets here, I just can`t choose oen . >_