Moderator Perks

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

A few things I think would be beneficial to the health and happiness (and productivity) of the moderators

*Our own chat room
    -not only for entertaining chat, but I think it would also be beneficial to have a "Meeting" of sorts on a regular basis (depending on where all moderators are at...time zones ya know) We could always do this in a group chat on Yahoo or something...
    *A list of the other moderators
    *A moderator only forum category in which we could post to each other and/or Janis issues that don't necessarily need read by the general public

I think that's it for now..... any thoughts/comments from the other moderators?

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Yes, I like the idea a lot Ann, having a list of other moderators would be cool, that way if we had a question we could ask them personally, instead of having to guess. I hope it works.

• Michelle
    19 years ago

I agree good idea Ann

• julie
    19 years ago

what is a moderator?

• Kristina K
    19 years ago

Well, I'm not a moderator but I think that's a brilliant idea, Ann.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

A moderator is someone who has the ability to edit your poems (to fix errors or to make sure they remain within the restrictions and rules placed upon them) and the ability to edit/delete posts.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Yes, Janis is the owner of the site.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

Hi I'm a moderator, uh well if you talk enough, and are a trusted member of the community, then you can ask Janis to be a moderator. However, I don't know if there needs to be that many more, as there seem to be a lot right now, and well, too much of a good thing can lead to problems...

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

I agree with Sean when he says too much of a good thing leading to problems....Unfortunately moderators can delete poems, or change them if they wanted to, the main idea was to move them to another category if they had to be, or to help with spelling, but its gone too far I am afraid. I was a victim of a hacker, not long ago, This sucks big time!!

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I'm sorry you took it that way Louisa...that's not how I meant it at all... every company has Management meetings, staff meetings, or whatever...and the "non-management" employees don't have a problem with it.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

When did mods become bullies???

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

That's a bit harsh....

I don't see what the problem is either. I've heard the tales of people's poems getting edited and deleted, but it seems to be infrequent and has never happened to me.

People just love to point fingers when things go wrong. The worst thing that happens is that you had to repost a poem or two. Get over it and stop being such ill-tempered drama queens.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Actually soul, i have been here alot longer than you and i know alot more of what goes on around here than you ever good, its ppl like you killing this site! Rude arrogant losers, you dont even write poems!

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Wow and i guess this is maturity in its greatest form??" Hayley, you wouldn't have a clue what's going on if it came up to you.. bit your fat (juicy) A S S and screamed "I'M A CLUE"

I am not just going to let you speak to me in that way when all i have done is spent hours contributing to this site in every way that i can. If you ask most members on here they will tell you exactly that! I did not stereotype you at all, i believe it was you who called me clueless!
    Didnt your mother ever teach you to be nice to people until you had a reason not to be???