Run out of words.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

We've all been there Jessica.... everyone has their own way to deal with writer's block.

Try not to stress over it, you WILL write again.

I have a few different writing exercises that I do when I'm blocked.... and a lot of times they lead to poems...but even when they don't, I find that I feel better for having done these simple tasks.

One of the exercises is that I take a piece of paper and just write whatever comes into my head. words... phrases... random thoughts... everything... it will not make sense and isn't supposed to...

Another similar exercise is to write down the following phrases and then answer them with as many different words as you can.

______ makes me happy
    ______ makes me sad
    ______makes me angry
    I love ________
    I hate ________

If you want some more suggestions, give me a holler!
    ~Ann

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

I agree Ann... I only write when I'm inspired which can be really frustrating sometimes when I do actually want to write.

And when I do want to write, usually real life experiences make great poems. Sometimes just something you said to a friend or looking at something will also trigger a poem.

If not... there's always your good friend John located in the bathroom. LoL **teasing**

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

you're welcome Jessica.... hope it helped.