To all great writers I need help

• Ten Feet Tall
    19 years ago

a lot of times i get inspired by a song im listening to, but only if i can make it relate to my life...if i cant, i really cant write about it because i know nothing about something. so i would just suggest to write about what you know. people, love, sadness, whatever...as long as its you and what you want to write about, not about what others want you to write.
    wow, so that was just a bunch of babbling, sorry, i do that sometimes. bye! :)

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

There are a good many things that can inspire you. As said, there is music, which is a very good source. I play a song in the background while I write to kind of set the mood. Also look around at whats going on around you, maybe theres an important event you could say something about. You could also try to visualize yourself in someone else's shoes and think about what it might be like to live like them. If all else fails, resort to your feelings. Try to explain them and why you feel that way.

• Richard Bottary
    19 years ago

Your surroundings can be good inspiration. For me all my inspiration comes from my interests. Videogames, movies, music, inner emotions, past experiences. You know stuff like that. Inspiration is and ideas are all around us. But it's up to you to notice them.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Writing poetry is a major chore for me. I have three unfinished poems that are at a standstill. But today I heard a song that reminded me of a particular time in my life. I was immediately inspired so I started and finished the poem today. I still didn't come easy but I just persisted unil it was done. So I guess I would say that random events are what inspire me. I also spend a lot of time reading the poems of others on this site. That helps.