What's your definition of a "best friend"?

• Arcane Blondie
    17 years ago

I started this thread just to hear people's opinions--

• Andy loves Jesus
    17 years ago

A Best Friend : Someone who is tustworthy... someone you can tell deep secrets too.. someone who will always stick with you no matter what you've said or done.
    Someone who accepts you for you.

Are you my best friend?

• Heather
    17 years ago

Someone who you can talk with about anything, and not worry about being judged. And someone who you're compatable with.

• Natalie
    17 years ago

I reckon someone you can trust. Cause if you can't trust someone, then you's have nothing.

• Purple
    17 years ago

Some one who you care deeply about and cares deeply about you. Some one that wants the best for you, and vive versa. I don't include trust here because that can easily be broken when a best friend thinks that there best friend is in danger.

Some one who you can relate to and talk to most of the time, some one who always wants to be there for you even if they don't know how... Some one who at least trys to accept you for you.

And everything your bestfriend does for you, you should be able to do back without thought.

• Purple
    17 years ago

Only as fake as you protray them to be.

• susan
    17 years ago

"Someone who is hard to forget, find, and letting go."

• cutytothebuty
    17 years ago

a best friend will stay by your sude no matter what will happen, how bad and how stupid your doing is, a best friend will forgive you.
    a best friend is trust worthy, open, loving and caring.
    you soend the whole day with your best friend, and yet never get sick of her.
    a best friend is a tressure which will stay there forver, whether youdounf new frinds, a guy, husband, or anything nothing will ver replace a best friend...
    a best friend knows all your secrets, she doenst try to forget them but she keeps them for herself.
    a best friend will come to you even if she is miles away, she'll brag to her other friends aout how u are until tehy all get jeleous. a best friend is the bets gift a person can give itself.

but remeber, if your bestf friend creatisizes you, lower you all the time and gives you a bad attitude lnow taht this is a fake friendship and not a real pne(something like i had)
    and another thing, a best friend will see the sadness through your smile, and will be there to support and ask you whats wring when no one else can see that you are sad or upset...

i had all of this and now its gone....

wrote a poem abotu it and it ended up like:

goodbye sister,
    hello friend

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    17 years ago

a best friend is someone who knows you as well or better than you know yourself, and loves you anyway.

• Normal is the Watchword
    17 years ago

A best friend, to me, is someone unforgetable who will leave an impression on your memories.

• Goran Rahim
    17 years ago

someone who I want to be around all the times.

• Hind
    17 years ago

half of your soul in another bodyy

• Sweet lig
    17 years ago

someone who knows all ur strenght and weaknesses... and always being there for u when u needed them most...

• The Angel of Secrets
    17 years ago

who takes you for who you are

• Kirsty palmer
    17 years ago

A person that is always there for you no matter what, who will listen and help you at any cost, that you can tell anything and never have to worry of what they think, who you can have a luagh with, but will always take care of you :) .

• Truest Lies
    17 years ago

Okay, well, my best friend teaches me all the stuff that he knows that I don't...cares a lot, is protective in a good way, friendly, talks to me a lot, jokes with me... um, a best friend is also someone who you hold closest to you in your ring of friends, the first one that you run to when you need to cry, or share a secret, or get some help... the person that you can love and count on all the time, the one friend that won't let you down.

//T.L.//

• Tammie
    17 years ago

My definition of a best friend is someone who will always be there for you. Morning or night. Someone who will listen you all your problems, even if they can't help, they will be there to listen. Someone who wont judge you, and will accept you for who you are. You can share secrets with them and know that the world won't know the next day. You can cry on their shoulder and know that they care. Someone who you can depend on and trust completely. A person you love, and that means a lot to you. These people are hard to find. But they are so good when you have one.

• Amanda Clayburn
    17 years ago

ok i know there is not such thing as a best friend. cause when you think about nobody is the best of everything. so if you call someone your best friend, that would be like i love more then anything.

• Truest Lies
    17 years ago

^^Didn't quite get that. All I know is that there is one friend that is the greatest, closest friend than all the others (put together..jk) but anyway, out of all my friends, one of them cares more than the others, I think...

//T.L.//

• donna
    17 years ago

All of my friends are best friends.. but one is the bestest. Our friendship grows stronger and stronger every day, but our friendship cannot get better because it is already perfect.. Definition of best friend? Someone who knows everything about You and loves You anyway. Someone You can trust 110 percent knowing that they will be there for You whatever You go through, never judging and never gossiping to others about Your problems. Someone You can sit with for hours without saying a word and have the best time anyway. Someone who knows how You are feeling just by looking into Your eyes, or through just the hello greeting they get when they call You. Someone who trusts You 110 percent also. 'best friend' is as difficult to describe as 'love' because it is 'love' without the chemistry.. Sorry, hmm turned out to be a long post, but have still cut it short.. I could write about the good points of my bestest friendship forever and it would still not describe it. xx

• Italian Stallion
    17 years ago

There is no really deffinition, you make your own deffinition, for everyone's veiw is different...a best friend is what you think is a best friend and for their features that you like....so technically there is no really deffinition of a Best Friend....

• Jenni Marie
    17 years ago

Someone who is there for you through both the good and bad, is there when you're happy AND when you're sad.
    Someone who would never talk behind your back, would come straight to you to sort things out if they had a problem.
    Someone who will defend you until their last breath.

• Eibutsina
    17 years ago

Someone who knows pretty much everything about you, and still loves you anyways :o)

• Atomic
    17 years ago

Someone who will fall in love with you, because the World is just one big cliché.

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• Gem
    17 years ago

A Best Friend: Two halves of a coin. Someone you will do anything for and who will do anything for you.

• waiting 4 some1
    17 years ago

someone you like to be with, someone you can leave your other friends behind for him. best friend is someone you can complain to him about your problems without any fears; he is someone who will give you advices to help you and always try not to hurt you. he has many features that let you chose him as best friend so in a simple way, best friend is the best.