Please advice

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

I don't know anything about that site, but I do know that certain people hack into poetry sites (like with the contests etc...) so I'd be careful if I were you. I've been through this before, someone "choosing" my poems but then my parents looked into it and found out it was a hoax. So just be careful! =)

~Grace

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I had tried that long time back. First they will send you a letter as you said. I didn't reply to them. Then I received a letter stating that my poems where selected for the semifinal and I am invited for a stage performance and I can recite my poems in front of some movies starts and.. blah blah blah.... The entrance fee is around 300$, the accommodation fee is around the same. (The programmed is for 3 days). If you are taking an extra person with you then you have to pay extra. Please don't forget about the Plane fare, taxi fare... and all other fares. Finally if you are the winner, they will award you 1000$ cash price!!! Now you do the calculations!!!

You will get a cash price worth 25000$, if you win the mega competition...
    Still I don't have that much money to juggle.

Wait.. After a month I again received a letter stating that I won the editor's choice award for the poem "The Beggar". There was a certificate included. This time they were asking permissions to permit them to release my poem in a CD, where some one else is going to recite it. They also mentioned that my poem is already been published in a deluxe hardbound edition. I gave no permission to do so. I wonder how they published it!!!! Well I have no objections also as long as it is in my own name.

Now you decide whether it is a hoax or not.