ESP... are you psychic?

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

"ESP is most commonly called the "sixth sense." It is sensory information that an individual receives which comes beyond the ordinary five senses sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. It can provide the individual with information of the present, past, and future; as it seems to originate in a second, or alternate reality. "
    -Gertrude Schmeidler

Have you had any experiences like seeing into the future via dreams or sudden thoughts or images popping into your head? And then you figure out later that it's gonna happen. Or you guess something and you're right? Anything paranormal at all! I'd like to hear it... :)

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

Actually, I have a sort of ESP...but its not like what you think. What you're referring to is Precognition (Premonitions), but what I have is called Recognitions, it's where you see past events rather than the future. Sometimes when I spend the night in a new place I have a dream about something relating to the history of the place. I spent the night at my friend's house one time and I had a dream about a witch that lived in a forest. As it turns out, there were legends that a long time ago there was said to be a witch in the forest just out of town. My friend even drove me there and we visited the shack she was suppose to have lived in. I don't know if it were true or not, but I'm compelled to beleive it.

--Bryce~

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

i don't know much about 'types' of ESP but bryce, i think that's pretty interesting. i kinda have the same sort like megan. remember the dreams i used to have? when i get shot over and over and suddenly i can't breathe? i hope it doesn't happen but some of my dreams come true... but they're all a blur until the day it actually happens. it's kinda personal so i'm not gonna post it (sorry).

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

how about the feeling that you can read someone else's mind?? it happened to me before. i was at school and i suddenly had this quick wanting for chocolate brownies :P when i got home, it turns out that my mom baked brownies! that was about 2 days ago...

and then earlier this week, i was gonna go to bed but i suddenly felt like studying. it's weird 'cause i don't study unless i have to... and i only pulled out one sheet of study guide. just one piece of paper with 10 questions, then i slept. when i went to school the next day, my science teacher gave us a pop quiz. they were the same 10 questions i studied the previous night! it kinda shocked me because there were a lot of things we discussed and he picked those questions.

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

Well I...... don't want no one think I'm weird or anything like that but I do. Sometimes I know when something is about to happen, I can tell what happens in the past sometimes. I know it seems weird but its the truth. When I'm on the third floor and my computer's volume is turned up and the door's are shut, I know when someone IM me. When I'm in Downtown Cartersville I know when someone IM me too. Sometimes I know who's gonna call before they call too. But please don't think I'm a freak because of this. Its just something that I have. I don't want it half the time but I just do. Oh yeah, sometimes I can read other peoples minds. They would say kala and I would answer they're question before they ask it. Or I would hand them something before they say a word.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

that's amazing... i mean she's really young and she knew what's gonna happen or what happens in other places. i think that's clairvoyance but i'm not sure. maybe you shouldn't ignore that!

• Casey
    19 years ago

I always get De Ja Vu, like a couple times a week, and I sometimes know how things will go. Like if i'm sneaking out I know when im going to get caught and when i'm not. Like, once me and my friend told all these lies and snuck over to this guys house and i knew something was gonna happen, I felt sick to my tummy the whole time. And when his mom came home and caught us it all went away and i felt better. (she let us stay till midnight) SO we had to walk back after that and my friend was worried about getting caught out after curfew, but i knew we wouldnt get caught because i was perfectly calm. I dont know if you guys count that as ESP, but idk i think it works. And then theres the feeling where I know something is watching me, Ghost, Demon, spirit, what ever you wanna call it, I know when something is around.

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

yeah, i can relate with you guys when you just see things out of the blues. when you least expect it and you can't control it. i also get that feeling when something is wrong. i get nervous for a while or i really get clumsy.what else?

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

Well lets see...the types of ESP I can think of are:

Telekinetic: Thats where you move stuff with your mind, like bending spoons and all that.

Telepathic: Thats where you can read someone's mind.

Precognition: Where you see the future.

Recognition: Where you see the past.

Clairvoyance: Where you see the unknown, like ghosties and stuff like that.

Remote Viewing: Where you can see across far distances. Kind of like precognition.

Recurring Dreams: Thats where you have the same dream over and over.

Pyrokinetic: Thats where you can control fire (it's actually only a myth, they made a movie about it called Fire Starter I think. The girl on Hellboy has it).

Theres also one more but I can't think of its name. Its where you have the perfect bond with one other singular person. You think on the same wavelength at all times, sometimes getting the exact same ideas. Supposidly everyone has this power with someone, but they dont know it unless they meet that other person.