Need some advice

• Becca
    19 years ago

Okay I dont really know how to explain this in a easy why so ya'll can understand because I am still confused about the whole situation my self.
    Okay anyways I met this guy a while back and we became close friends and what not than we both started having feelings for each other but still remind friends and nothing more. Well last night he comes to me and says theres something I need to tell you and I was like okay sure, well he tells me that he doesnt think its a good idea we hang out anymore. I ask him why and he says "its not you, your a great person and everything its nothin about you, its about me."
    So just like everyone else would do by natural reaction I asked " well what is it about you that makes you just wanna call our friendship off like this?" Than he just apologized and left without sayin anything. So I call him up and ask him again and tell him that I am hurt and what not because I like him alot and I just dont understand because just earlier that day we were hella coo and all. So he says "give me 10mins and Ill be over" Well he comes over and starts giving me a million and one reason why we cant hang anymore, which none of them made any sense because for every excuse he had I backed it up and made him think. Well than I notice he starts to tear up and says "Fine I'll just come out and say it I love you becca! there I said it!" Than he starts tellin me that thats the reason he doesnt think its a good idea to hang out anymore cause he has fallin for me and he doesnt wanna get hurt and that he is just scared terribly scared than he says " I cant do this anymore I am sorry and left" I was shocked and really hurt cause I felt like I had done something wrong and I know I havent.

So what I need advice on is...how can I make him understand that its okay to have strong feelings for someone and not to run from it cause itll always be there no matter what..and how can i reassure him thats its okay. I just dont wanna loose such a good friend and I wanna be more than friends but now he isnt willing to even give it a chance. So as of this moment I jsut want are friendship back thats all for now..Please help!

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

My best friend used to be a guy named Tyler. We grew up together. Eventually, we started to have feelings for one another. I was to afraid...so nothing ever happened. He waited and waited, but when i finally came around....he wasn't waiting anymore. I loved him with all my heart, but I didn't want to ruin what I had. We had an awesome friendship. I could confide anything in him. But I was too scared. I regret doing nothing about it.

So my advice to you....go after him. If you feel pasionatly about him...then dont hold back. You know how he feels. Neither one of you should be scared. The best relationships are the ones built from a friendship. Tell him that ya'll can take it slow if he wants, but whatever you do...NEVER GIVE UP. If you love him, then it's meant to be (at least for now). Don't stop at anything. Tell him how you feel. If you feel the same...then he should know. NOW...dont wait...the more time that passes....the harder it will be.

Go for it!

~*~Christina~*~