Do you think writing what I feel is wrong?

• ~*ANSIE*~
    17 years ago

I write alot poems depending on how I feel and alot of them tend to be sad or dark poems and so people don't coment on mine anymore. Are they poems you guys don't want to hear?

• Normal is the Watchword
    17 years ago

People can write whatever they want to. Votes don't matter. Comments don't matter unless you want honest comments that help improve and finding them here is becoming a million to one.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

uh
    why do you think Americans have free speech
    although many don't, life is about expresing yourself
    with out that virtue in life, you won't be rememebered as your real self in death.

• Chelsey
    17 years ago

Poetry: impassioned feeling expressed in imaginative words.

That is one of the many deffinitions of poetry. It's not just making a rhyme and rhythm. Although there are technical terms and techniques in poetry; it is the feeling of the writer himself. Poetry is your own way of expressing your feelings and emotions in your own style. You are the poet, you write about whatever you want. What inspires you, how you feel, what you like, anything you desire. Poetry is not a strict, straight forward 'this is how you do it' type of thing. Poetry is about you, the writer, expressing your own emotions in words.

I hope that helped. :]

• ~*ANSIE*~
    17 years ago

You know what you guys are right!!! ;b

@}----}----

• Chelsey
    17 years ago

Thanks. :)

• Carezza
    17 years ago

No you are suppose to write about your thoughts and whats on your mind

• MorbidCupcake
    17 years ago

People SHOULD write what they feel. Writing is a form of therapy for yourself. If people dont like them, then oh well, thats thier problem.

• Isabelle
    17 years ago

Yeah, I write what I feel. I write a lot about my current feelings on life, too. I encourge you write what you want to no matter what anybody else thinks. Besides, dark poems can be pretty too. You just have to look for it in some of them...:)

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

Nope, write whatever you feel and what's on your mind. It helps.

• Lori Lee
    16 years ago

I agree with the person above

• 19Rusty
    16 years ago

The poems that I do not want to hear anymore or just less of is how people want to slit their wrists.

• Tracy D Rollings
    16 years ago

Hi, I write a lot of sad poems,mostly no my past history of child abuse. The comments I get are great, and that helps me more than the votes, just to know someone listened for once.

• KP
    16 years ago

I write in the moment... my latest poem Love Gone Wrong was written when i was having a dicussion with my boyfriend and he said maybe it was best if we broke up... well i wrote that poem and we are still together
    anyway i say if your poetry comes from the heart then it is good... i feel that it relieves some of the tension and stress in the heart and lets you say things that you wouldnt be able to say it real life

• XxSaved By LovexX
    16 years ago

Ohkay.... well you should write whatever you feel... it helps yourself when you write down what you are thinking or feeling... like me i used to write about what has happend to me, and even though they are somewhat 'dark' poems they still express my feelings and what i think... so just write whatever you are feeling or whatever you think. there is nothing wrong with that!

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    16 years ago

You wouldnt be able to write a good poem if you didnt write what you feel

xxx alex xxx

• ImmortalKitty
    16 years ago

A great majority of poems on here are dark, depressing, and sometimes even evil. But that is how the writer intended them. If you are not getting the feed back you want on a particular poem, then ask for specific input on that poem. But know this, your poems are you, write it no matter what any one else says. Letting your emotions flow onto paper is a great way to unleash it before it consumes you.

• homebound
    16 years ago

^^^i totally agree^^ Poems are what you make them; so how you are feeling no matter what will be put into a poem. I think for people to vote on dark or depressing poems they have to be in that type of mood. Most people, when they are in a happy bubbly mood, are going to want to read love or friendship poems. I think its going to take a lot of time for someone to vote on a poem, but just be patient because one day you might get a comment that you will remember forever.

• skynerraw
    16 years ago

The poem is what you feel, you shouldn't be worried about impressing others, as long as they are what you feel and what you like, then there is nothing wrong with it!

• alone in the crowd
    16 years ago

A poem's main purpose is to place your feelings on paper. They shouldn't be written for entertainment of others alone. Poetry is a way of expressing what is going on inside of you whether it be bliss or torment. If someone is distrubed by what you write they shouldn't read it, not ask you to remove it or stop writing it. Poetry is emotion on paper. Poetry is a chance to exhale your feelings into the atmosphere. No one should try and smother you. Kepp breathing!

• -=-*_a_[n]_g_[e]_l_*-=-
    16 years ago

Of course not! this is an art, where nothing is right or wrong.. u can definitely write anything you want, may it be brutal or morbid, it is still your self expression, and that is freedom

• Rachel
    16 years ago

Nah I say write what you want. If you're writing about something that's not true it won't be real.

• david
    16 years ago

No, but don't always write poems about how you feel,that's to easy. Give yourself a challenge and write about somthing else.

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

Definatly not, poems are better coming from the heart xx

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

Of course its fine, best way!

• Amy
    16 years ago

The best poems are ones written by somebody about how that person feels whether it be sad, dark, happy, love, explicit or whatever else.

• Ixora
    16 years ago

I think its perfectly fine to write what you feel. sometimes some people may just not be able to relate and thats why they dont comment or vote. Though honestly i cant understand it i like to take sometimes about an hour or three out of my day and just sit here and read through poems and comment and vote ((it just became a habit of mine recently)) and i find myself being more enlightened by it. I also feel proud when im the first person to comment something. Though sometimes works i think are really good on my part arent comment or voted on, it brings me down a bit but then i realize i didnt write it for them i wrote it for me and i just chose to share it, if they dont like it its perfectly fine.

• Amy Hernandez
    16 years ago

I believe that writing is a way of getting thoughts our of your head I have some emo poems and I've never done anything but I have friends who have and such I wrrite from my perspective of writing , my comments make my day but I dont always get them, and I deffinately dont get many butI write to stop thinking as much usually I dont write about my past I write in the moment only because I dont agree w/ things that happened whenI was younger my only poems about the past was remebering someone on the 5 yr mark after they died So yes I believe you should wtite exactly your feelings well not really feelings but thoughts at least

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

I think you should write what you want bacuse its your feelings and its fine

• Lady Nik
    16 years ago

I think that if you are sad or you've been hurt that the best way to express that pain is by writing poetry. I can really relate to what you are saying about you're poems being sad or dark. Mine are mostly dark, and every couple of months I am able to write a happy poem until someone hurts me. But i would love to read you're poems. Just let me know when you have new ones, okay. Shanik

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Wrong? well definitely no..poems helps us alot to express our feelings..so i think its not wrong to tell what you feel

• Amy Hernandez
    16 years ago

I accually find it easier to write poems on the depressive subjects the ones that hit me the hardest and bug me the most

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

Poems are supposed to be written based on how you feel.

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

Well, i'll read anything. I don't mind. Everyone writes differently and about different things in different ways (LOL.)

• Adelle
    16 years ago

If I didn’t write about how I felt I would never have started writing in the first place that’s what made me begin to write poetry I had no other out let for my emotions the is nothing wrong with writing how you feel as for people not voting have you tried voting on lots of other poems usually the favor is retuned or requesting comments in the forum (there is a separate section for it) as long as you say you will return the favor people will vote.

• njabulo b
    16 years ago

What i noticed here people love poems too much than any poems, so if they dont comment its doesnt mean its bad, you should write what you feel and what you like anything as long as its allowed.

• ilu
    16 years ago

Nope...not at all!!!thats what I do too...

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

Writing is defined as describing how you feel through words so it doesnt matter what mood your in just write

• Brandee
    16 years ago

NO! I love reading dark poems, but there is alot of people who like NEVER comment, and yeah lol. & Write about your feelings, its good to get stuff out =]

• Love vs Fate
    16 years ago

Poetry should come from the heart, you shouldnt be afraid to show emotion or any kind of feeling in any poem. just follow what your heart says or feels, and you never know...you might surprise yourself ^.^