Xenophon...Any idea??

• Jacki
    19 years ago

Not to sound rude but maybe it has something to do with this site changing. I mean it has turned into a place where people feel they need post about their sexual relationship with their daughter. It has turned into a circus to put it bluntly. I mean its not about poetry really, its about sadness and depression. Maybe some people just can't take it and found this site not what they wanted. Either way though I wish him the best of luck

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

I also recently noticed Xenophone's absence here. His poetry was awesome and I know his presence on the site will be missed.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt if his departure had anything to do with the state of the discussion forums. I don't recall seeing any posts from him there. And I believe he had left before all the related threads about Rosey began.

But since it has been brought up, I think it would be a good idea if everyone who posts here would take a minute to review the forum rules and try to abide by them. Without the oversight of Janis, the "signal to noise" ratio has been gradually deteriorating in a way that is probably making the discussion forums look hostile and foreboding to a lot of the members here.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Sarah, I posted my above response before I had a chance to see yours. Are you saying that he was distressed over posts he made on the discussion forums?

• Jacki
    19 years ago

I just used Rosey as an example of how our forums have well acted like a circus....

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Xenophon... hmm... not really sure why he left. He used to keep in touch with me, but he doesn't any longer. I think he may have just gotten tired of the people on this site - the rude ones that is. Many of the awesome writers on this site have left... like Jennifer (Concealing Words), Kristina K and so on. I think it's rather sad. This site is turning into just a playground for poets... just playing around and leaving mean comments and votes as they please. Very sad indeed.

IMHO,
    Temporary Scars

• Jacki
    19 years ago

thats what i was saying, its turned upside down.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

That is really too bad. People at least have the option of staying out of the forums or chat room if they take offense at the discussions there. But you have no control at all over the comments that are left on your poems. People can leave comments as nasty and as rude as they please and there is nothing at all you can do about it.

I have brought up the suggestion more than once that people here should be able to delete comments like this. But the small minority of ill-intentioned people causing this problem have been very vocal in their opposition here. They think they have the right to say any nasty, insulting, rude thing they want in the comments. The essence of their position is that these "easily offended, thin-skinned poets are just a bunch of crybabies! And if you write poetry you should just have to live with the garbage comments they leave on your poems.

On this issue Janis has unfortunately chosen to side with this rude, disruptive bunch. So a lot of the best poets will just continue their come-and-go quickly intervals here. It's just sad! It's alway a very few that ruin things for everyone else.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Yes I agree with you, Sarah. It was probably something else.. :-\

But I do hope he is doing well. Since it seems as if he's still in touch with you, please tell him we all miss him. Thanks.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Well, we all love him very much too. =)

I hope he is okay...

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I miss CG very much also guys - brilliantly talented and respected poet on this site under various alias' :o)