PENALTY SYSTEM - All Members Please Read

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Here are the Rules - READ THEM!

Forum rules - http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/forum_rules.html

Submission guidelines - http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/terms.html
    ------------------
    How many points are given for different violations?

- plagiarized/inappropriate poems [5 points]
    - deleted comments on poems (rude, profane or harassing) [3 points]
    - deleted forum post (see rules & Guidelines) [2 points]
    - mod deleted private messages [3 or 10 points]

------------------
    Suspension of Account..

An account is suspended when the penalty points add up to 10. At that point you can no longer access the site. It is NOT acceptable to create a new account in order to appeal your suspension. You may do that by contacting the moderators at: PnQMods@yahoo.com. Suspensions will NOT be discussed with a third party.

-------------------------

How do I get points removed?

When you are issued a penalty, you will get an email from P&Q alerting you. In this email, there is a link to an appeal form. A moderator will review the appeal and decide whether or not to remove the points. If your appeal is not granted, you may contact Janis here: http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/contact.html, and he MAY overrule the mods decision.

-------------------------------

How many points do I have?

Using the above chart, you can keep track of your points... So try to remember to write it down when you get an email about a penalty.

You may also ask me via private message and I will be glad to tell you.
    ---------------

OTHER MODS: Edit in your name below if you also are willing to look up penalty points for members.

Italian Stallion (Joe)
    Sherry Lynn (Sher)

• Adelle
    16 years ago

Ann Marie I read the rules today why are you not allowed to submit poems in capital letters?

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

First, it is generally accepted that writing in all caps denotes yelling.

Also, for most people, it's harder to read text written in all caps.

and last, because that's the way the owner of the site wants it.

• swill
    16 years ago

What if capitalization was a feature of a literary poem?

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Dhaval: And why would the fact that you are discussing capitalization mean you need to write every word in all caps?

---
    Everyone:
    questions about rules may be asked in this thread, if you want to know your penalty points, please Private Message me, Sherry or Joe. (or any other mod that adds their name to the first post)

Thanks

• bequi
    16 years ago

How would we know we had committed any violations and how would we know if how many points we have before we got suspended??

• Sherry Lynn
    16 years ago

You will recieve an email to the email address that you have on your profile informing you that you have recieved so many penalties for the rule that was broken.

--Sher

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Actually, I don't think the automatic email that is supposed to be sent has the number of points in it. It will just say that a post or comment or poem has been deleted.

However, there is a list in the original post of this thread that details how many points are given for what.

• bequi
    16 years ago

If the explanation here is real and true then why awezome get suspended without receiving any email..

and i just hope that there will be atleast a notice that the account will be suspended in 24hrs so atleast the mem is prepared and wont get shock and embarassed, just like any legal thing.

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Bequi, please read the first post in this thread.

As a friend, you did your part by asking how awezome could contact us. But suspensions will not be discussed with anyone but the suspended member and the mods. He has contacted us and we have replied to him.

• bequi
    16 years ago

Okay mods ill let him know... his kinda sad about it

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Correct Dave. That's usually what it means.

But there are some people that got penalties that swear they never got an email.

There are two reasons that I know of for that... some kind of problem with their email on the day it was sent or a glitch in the system that day.

(you have no penalties, Dave)

• xXxUNOxXx
    16 years ago

What if someone was using a poem that a friend, co-worker, etc wrote and they put their name on the end of the poem to give them credit as well, is that still wrong?

• Lauren Waszkiewicz
    16 years ago

Http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/terms.html

**You must be the AUTHOR of poems and quotes you submit here. Do NOT submit texts that are not yours. It is a violation of COPYRIGHT LAW.

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

If you didn't get an email saying that you got a penalty then you probably didn't.

Where did you put this request to read and pick apart your poem? Was it in the "Request to Read" forum? if not, then a mod either moved it there (did you look) or may have just deleted it for being in the wrong forum.

(by the way, I did look it up and no, you didn't get any penalty points for it)

• shadowknight
    15 years ago

Quick question.
    Would we get a PM aswell if we lose points because i lost the password to my email.....
    and it would be easier if i was PMed...
    Just wanted to know!!
    Thanks

• Mister 47
    15 years ago

Dear sirs,

i gpot a warning that if i wrote a poem in other language then english even some pof the mmber understadn, i will get penalties,

i hope you clarify to me what rile i did break to get these penalties

thank you