voted 1's unfairly.. please read

• Amilo
    19 years ago

-topic closed-

• Heather Dunagan
    19 years ago

hay, I dont' know whats up with that...mine are the same way its crazy! Well Welcome to Poems and Quotes, I will check out ur poems ok? Check out mine!

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

That happened to one of my poems, my rating also went from 4.8 to 4.7, it sucks, and my situation isn't as bad as yours, but a lot of people vote unfairly, and there's no stopping it...
    I will go check out some of your poems now- I'm sure they didn't deserve it!

• Amilo
    19 years ago

thanks for all your comments guys.... I felt really devastated, being a fairly new poet...but after a few hours of reading Bob's inspirational quotes and stuff, I realized that the rating shouldn't matter to me... I write for myself...

anyway... I've asked Janis about it..

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

who cares. jeeze. why is everyone so worried about their rating?

• Hope
    19 years ago

Many of the poets on this site write from their heart. In fact that is one of the sole reasons why poets write. Thus, if someone comes along and gives you a 1 without a "comment," then that is not real HONESTY nor reasonable - that is simply being harsh and it can affect poets in a profound way. Take care everybody :)

• Amilo
    19 years ago

thanks again for all you comments... the point that I've tried to get across is, someone's rated all of my poems 1's overnight just to spite me.. but now, like I said in my previous post, I've come to the point where I don't care about the ratings anymore...

case closed.

oh, and I completely agree with you, Hope and ThunderRose...

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

1. I don't like the rating system because very few people use it correctly

2. Age/experience does make a large difference, as it does with all art forms. I'm not knocking on the teen writers out there, I am one, and I figure I'm going to get better. So should you.

3. Ever read any of the MLA stuff? I read a bit today and you'd be suprised at the things they have rules for. Ever wondered how much you're supposed to indent a quote from a passage that is more than 3 lines long? 1 inch.

• Lushed
    19 years ago

well that is an unfair thing to do! but i shall go read your poems, and be sure to try to bring the rating up! i personally believe that no poem deserves a low rating. **shruggs*