Can you give good feed back if....

• SHYSTY23KO
    15 years ago

I hope i word this right..!

so say you dont know about a certain poem, can you give good feedback?

like if you read it and dont know the general ideas or there's too many words you dont know..etc?

i got kinda pissed when i got a comment saying "well i dont really understand or know if it makes sense"

and sometimes i feel like i cant even comment certain poems because i dont get them! i might like them but i dont wanna just say "oh i like that!"

• Nee
    15 years ago

I agree with the previous one !

Recently, I've been doing this: I read the poem, a lot of times I read it twice or even thrice, then just to make sure I completely understand it.
    But if I didn't quite get the meaning I PM the writer and ask him/her to tell me what it is talking about, that if I'm really interested in the idea.
    And the person who tells you they can't get it quite well, tell them what you meant to say because sometimes vagueness in poems exist a lot.
    I get happier when I see a someone telling me that they can't understand it pretty well, it's better than having a useless comment saying "wow it's great".

• SHYSTY23KO
    15 years ago

I will check out the intro of poetry for sure

and yea i never thought to just come out and ask the writer about parts i dont understand!

crap i wish more people thought about this because useless comments, yea better called statements, piss me off sometimes!

• Krathia
    15 years ago

I think poetry depends on both the reader and the writer. Sure, the writer had certain emotions and concepts in mind when he or she wrote the poem, but the reader should have his or her own ideas about it, and interpret it in her own way. It's like hearing a song where the lyrics are a little obscure. Everyone has his or her own interpretation.

And dictionaries exist. I use them when I encounter too many words I'm not used to in a poem.