Anorexia

• Angel
    12 years ago

Can you become anorexic without really realizing it??

• Crimson
    12 years ago

Maybe im studding anorexia in health and what i have read you should have a fair idea oh and can u be anorexic with out being skinny like bulimic without thorwing up so i wont eat for like a day and then the next day i will eat sooo much or i will only eat a couple of things all day and te next and the next because i dont feel hungry

• Shellaine shelli
    12 years ago

I was bulimic for many years and no matter how much weight I lost I didn't take notice of it because in my mind I was never thin enough and then in 2009 I was hospitalised because I was so dangerously anorexic but in my mind I saw myself as being fat so in that aspect yes, you can be without realising it.

• Angel
    12 years ago

Thanks cause i think am becoming anorexic...

• Xionide
    12 years ago

You have a choice, continue to think your porky and starve yourself to death, or eat properly and realise girls look better for it. believe it or not, us guys tend to seer clear of skeletons. your only hurting yourself by not eating.

• Angel
    12 years ago

Ya i think i could be a bit thinner but imma be getting in shape to do that. after i stopped cutting i turned to starving myself when am really upset. but the most i've done is like a whole day eating only one meal at night. i love food too much to give it up for anymore than that. i like to eat but for some reason i just dont eat alot. idk why. most of the time am just not very hungry. a few weeks ago i didnt really eat much dinner and my mom and dad were talking to me saying whats my problem why didnt i eat much my mom started saying she doesnt see me eat more than a soda and a small bag of chips at school (she works there and its hell) but that was a one time thing. but they were implying that they thought i was anorexic. and in front of my little brother and sister. am scared that i maybe becoming anorexic but i really dont want to. ya i care about my weight but its not the only thing on my mind. right now am really out of shape i weigh somewhere between 100 and 105. for me that weight is fine under normal circumstances but i'm a futbol player and thats not good cause am really out of shape i havent worked out since my season ended in october. when i'm in season i weigh between 115-120 cause am all muscle. idk whats going on wit me. i dont want to be anorexic. i really dont. am starting ot really scare myself right now...

• Sean
    12 years ago

Most anorexics defend there weight, hide the fact they don't eat and give off the belief that there is nothing wrong in not eating. They deny that they have a good body, or a slim body, or that they couldn't stand to lose a bit more. often when they look into the mirror it is more than the normal critical distortion we all put on ourselves and will see something very different to what they really are. more importantly, losing weight/not eating is a active and deliberate decision rather than one out of laziness or non-hunger or whatever the reasoning might be.

as you are not doing this, i am pretty sure you're not becoming or are anorexic :)

if you're not often hungry, try milkshakes and other easily consumed calorific things to keep your weight averaging or up. the last thing you want to do is start believing you are anorexic, or anything else for that matter, it often doesn't help matters at all.

Starving yourself is ARGUABLY worse than cutting, as if your mood is low and you don't eat this can perpetuate a sense of hopelessness, low self-worth etc and wont do much to remedy it apart from feed the very monster you might be trying to run away from.

Not long ago, and often still i still get into such self-harming patterns; i've now remembered if i am trying to 'punish' myself when i am low, there is no better punishment i can give myself than allowing my demons to run free in my mind without relief. Focusing on other 'physical' things is denying yourself the pain you truly (don't) deserve. :)

it's late here, i've had a few, apologies if this is of no help to you.

• Angel
    12 years ago

Thanks this actually does help me a bit. its just easier for me to hide straving myself than cutting or any other physical pain...

• Sean
    12 years ago

^ try not giving yourself any physical pain, let your emotions feel like they are causing you pain and see it as your in control as you are choosing NOT to do anything about it. :P

doesn't make sense, but it sorta works for me :P

• Angel
    12 years ago

Idk before, i would keep my emotions to myself it wasnt until last year that i started opening up. opening up has brought good and bad into my life. ya it brought alot of pain but it also brought my bf who i've been in love with for like 2 years and apparently he feel the same

• Sean
    12 years ago

Does he self-harm by any chance?

^ sounds very similar to how i met, got and kept my first love; through shared pain and co-dependence. was the best and most unhealthy relationship i've ever had and the one which has had the most impact on me for a few reasons.

One being, she introduced me to the concept of 'cutting' - one i found morbidly fascinating so followed suit.

two being, it highlighted to me just how much any individual can shape your thoughts and feelings, especially during such emotional turmoil as first love (even more so at a young age).

• Angel
    12 years ago

No he doesnt he's perfectly clean. he doesnt cut or starve or do anything to himself. its just me. ya he has a hard time opening up sometimes but he was in foster care but now he's wiht the family he's in for good so am happy for him

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Anorexia seems to associated with clear intention and determination, and that doesn't seem to fit what you're saying. However, I am not a medical professional, nor is anybody else you're likely to find on here. Even if you are not anorexic, you do seem to be associating food with your self-harm, which could turn into a dangerous thing. If I were you, I'd talk about your eating habits the next time you go in to the doctor. They might be able to clear some things up for you and make you less worried about it.

• Sean
    12 years ago

^ def agree there.

i trained as a mental health nurse for 2 years and packed it in, but then i could be lying, i'm not :P but all the same. haha. any genuine concern, always talk to dr. ALWAYS. haha.

i'm not sleeping enough -_-

• Angel
    12 years ago

Okay...

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

I believe u can if u have so much on ur mind and your depressed and the last thing you think about is food :/ prolly

• Angel
    12 years ago

Well right now am not really eating period. this time its intentional

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Ru ok? :[ wanna talk about it?

• Crimson
    12 years ago

Ok this might not make sense but what happnes if u want to be skinny/anorexic but u dont like i wish i was skinnyer but even says im skinnyish wish i am so i no if i lose the amount of weight i want to lose i will be anorexic.... ahhhhh wat should i do and im like not eating im just not hungry

• Angel
    12 years ago

Am with misy. am just not hungry anymore. food isnt appetizing. everyone says am skinny enough but right now i feel as if i could be skinnier. i could look better. i know i need to get in shape but i also know that since am not eating i wont be able to really work out. just so much is going on right now in my life. i need to do something to m yself so i'm choosing this over cutting...

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Awww :[ im sorry u guys. but u need food to live i dont want something bad to happen to u guys?

but yeah its safer then cutting but still not safe :/

whats going on?

im here to listen and try to help :]

• Angel
    12 years ago

Alot of my guy friends are pissed off at me for no reason and just a bunch of crap with my family

• Crimson
    12 years ago

I no how that feels haha its kinda funny that i feel lyk i need to be skinnyer cos as a joke the other day my boyfriend called me fat but cos he texted it i didnt no he was joking so i thought he wasnt kidding... hehe i was lyk spazing at him then he said he was joking i wasnt a happy little girl

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Im sorry angel :[
    i hope it gets better for u<3

and being called fat is mean even joking :/

• Angel
    12 years ago

I hope it does too. am eating a bit more now but it may not last very long. its easier for me not to eat in the summer cause my parents arent home in the day but in like august am gunna have to be eating alot due to futbol...

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Oh really ? you play futbol? do u like it :]

• Angel
    12 years ago

Futbol as in american soccer?? if so then ya. i love it. last summer was my first time being able to play in 5 years. it was amazing!!!!!!! :)

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

I love soccer too :D ive played since i was five then stopped cuz of my muscle disease :[

thats awesome tho! :]

• Angel
    12 years ago

Really?? me too except i had to stop because i had to get foot surgery

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Aww im sorry :[ yes i loved soccer so much i loved kicking the ball scoring lol :]]

• Crimson
    12 years ago

Wait r u guys talking bout da american football or lyk soccer ball on ground english game cos if u r talking bout the english one i play aswell im on da second best team in all of my school

• Angel
    12 years ago

Soccer futbol. i'm half mexican so i call it futbol. i love it. lasst year my coach made me play every position. and i mean EVERY position. including keeper. imagine it. i'm barely 5'3 and am playing keep haha. i almost blocked a pk. haha i like defense/ but i alway end up blocking the tallest person so when i try to do something she gets fouled haha but i like playing dirty so getting away with it is fun haha :)

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Haha i was always on defense some girls were mean an knocked me down lol

• Crimson
    12 years ago

Oh ok its really annoying im in mid but im lyk the most unfit person and mids need to be running lyk all the time

• Angel
    12 years ago

Haha am sorry if they try to knock me down i come back harder haha. i may be nice and sweet but when am on the field am a beast haha thats what my coach described me as haha :)

• Girl of Conviction
    12 years ago

Haha xD

• Angel
    12 years ago

I'm officially litteraly anorexic now. its getting worse every day. i'm feeling weaker and weaker i'm eating less and less. i have no strength. no energy no nothing...